“Friendly and accomodating staff”

Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown
Ranked #39 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel is clean and neat as expected. It is the staff that puts this hotel over the top. They were pleasant and extremely helpful. Our stay was over a very busy a football weekend. We never waited for anything! We used the valet parking and received excellent service whenever we wanted to use the car. A shuttle service is available for anything within a 2 mile radius. The breakfast is a standard hotel continental breakfast. Nothing fancy, but plenty to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 2, 2012

By far the worst experience, I have ever had a hotel. I travel multiple nights out of the month in hotels across the country. The hotel lost my reservation. At the same time the hotel was sold out. The general manager Michael (--) was the rudest customer service person I have ever dealt with. When asked how it happened he told me it was my fault and offered no sort of help. Upon calling Hilton Corporate they informed me it was not my fault. Hilton Corporate was the first person to apologize. Mr. (--) never once apologized or offered to help. All he had to do was apologize and help me find another hotel. I can't think Hilton Corporate enough for there help in making this mater right. AVOID this hotel by all costs, but don't give up on the Hilton family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was the cleaniest and most professional staff that I ever came across. The staff made me feel so comfortable and made sure that we had everything that we needed. The continental breakfast was the best and I was so impressed with how clean everything in the entire hotel was kept and organized. Had a beautiful and spacioous room I would highly recommend this for your family Had a wonderful time

Room Tip: we had a private room with a pull out sofa and had more than enough room for 2 adults and 2 teenager...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you SO MUCH for this wonderful review!! I really cannot say how much I appreciate you taking your time to write about our hotel. I will show this to my team and hopefully we can continue to make every guest stay as remarkable as yours!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel isn't the fanciest hotel in the area, but it's levels of service and competitive pricing make it a favorite of mine. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the wait times for everything tend to be very short.

Rooms are always clean and properly stocked, the staff is attentive to requests about location and I've never had a mix up nor had to wait on a room to be cleaned or inspected after making a reservation.

The hotel's amenities are competitive with other hotels of this type, but not extraordinary. This isn't a hotel you'd use if you are trying to impress, but ideal for casual and business travel if you want to be in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cantwellphoto
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Very ordinary levels of service and facilities. While complementary breakfast is welcome - the dining space is inadequate - often the guests are jostling for seats; only two hot dishes often are unfilled.
Compared to typical Hampton suites, the room is small, beds are not of Hilton standards. I picked this place because of its proximity to GA Tech. But the stay was quite dull; there are not many dining options within walking distance.
I plan to try other hotels in the area when I go back to Atlanta next month. It may be useful for Hilton group to review the standards of bedding, pillows, room size etc. in this particular hotel.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few times since our son visited and became a student of GA Tech. Very comfortable hotel, great location to the campus and staff very friendly. Looking forward to my next visit !

Room Tip: rooms are quiet wherever we have been assigned. never a problem.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have stayed here a few times on our way further south. Everytime we have stayed it has been very late when we arrive. There is always security and someone comes out to meet you and help with your bags. Staff is great, breakfast is great, rooms are great! We highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
atlgt, General Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your generous comments! Hampton standards allow us to be sure that every guest receives the hospitality he/she deserves. We hope to remain your hotel of choice when traveling through Atlanta!