“great boutique hotel”

Ellis Hotel
Ranked #45 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 12, 2009

This hotel was a pleasant surprise - great value for such style and downtown location. The bed is big and comfortable, the bathroom is sleek and modern, TV is a big flat screen, and there's free Internet in the room.

There's also a nice outdoor balcony at the restaurant. The only minor complaint is the lack of a bathtub in my bathroom.

There are newer reviews for Ellis Hotel

Reviewed May 12, 2009

From the moment I arrived, all the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Each night I was there (5 nights), I walked to dinner, and felt completely safe. The bed was glorious and I slept better than when I do when at home. Definitely try the restaurant... everything I sampled was delicious. The gym is a bit small, but definitely adequate for a quick workout, and it was always clean. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Atlanta.

Reviewed May 12, 2009

I stayed at the Ellis Hotel on Peachtree Street in May for two nights and completely enjoyed my stay - I wish I could have stayed longer to experience the hotel more. It's contemporary, but not cold, with an elegant, thoughtful design. The staff is excellent. My airport cabbie couldn't find the hotel - it's right in downtown Atlanta - easy to find, but Roland at the front desk guided us in by cell phone. Then because the queen special was sold out Devin upgraded me to a king room. Fun! I ordered room service one night since I was brain blasted by a client retreat and my meal - scallops on grits was divine.

Ellis is close to the Coca Cola Museum and other attractions. Don't miss the Coke Museum - the temple of branding - it's fascinating.

Reviewed May 10, 2009

We booked this hotel after seeing all of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. We were looking for a clean and safe hotel close to the Tabernacle for just one night. We were not disappointed.

We arrived early, and the Ellis had no trouble checking us in. They pointed the way to the Tabernacle and to the local Hard Rock Cafe...both within walking distance.

The room was super clean, the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2009

The Ellis Hotel is a great value considering the room rate and location. And the service, well, it is stellar. The staff are professional, courteous and place great attention on every detail. Having a valet on site was handy and worth the small fee; we just dropped off our car at the front door and called for it when needed. But really, from the Ellis you can walk or take MARTA just about anywhere. The room was well-appointed, the beds were comfy and cozy, and delicious coffee was available through room service in the morning so you don't have to brew your own. Great food in the restaurant, as well, which was open throughout the day and evening. Truly, we like everything about the Ellis - the staff made our trip special.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Ellis for her birthday and weren't sure what to expect. I hadn't been to Atlanta in years and had never stayed downtown, but the Ellis was a pretty nice experience. The staff was very courteous and helpful, prompt and professional. The rooms were small, but cozy and I can't remember what the building used to be, but they did a nice job renovating it. The only thing that really was a small downer, was the tv remote didn't work, but we were out most of the time anyway, so who cares, right? We did make a mistake of ordering a room-service breakfast one morning, and the food was pretty good but at 45 dollars it had better be great! Anyway, life in the big-city cost a little more and that's what we expected. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Initially, I booked the Ellis because it was close to the World Congress and the Marta system as well as downtown. My sister was hitting the tourist spots while I attended a convention most days so I wanted it convenient for both of us. The Ellis was cheaper than any of the chain hotels even with my convention discount. After checking in, we did have some initial room key card problems, but other than that (which they worked on diligently and quickly as well as very apologetically) the stay was fantastic! Everyone was very nice and helpful. The staff was all smiles and joked around with us (which we wanted). The nightly wine tasting is a great way to try some wine and unwind after a busy day. We had breakfast at the hotel almost every day. It was very good and priced as you would expect in a downtown hotel. The best part was probably that everyone knew us after just about 36 hours. . . even if our key card had experienced a problem, they all knew who we were and that we belonged at the hotel. The rooms were very clean with a turndown service at night. We had a corner room with a king size bed and it was typical of an upper Manhattan or Boston (off newbury) hotel room. Since this was our first time in Atlanta, it was nice to be in a smaller but very nice hotel where we felt comfortable asking advice on restaurants, etc and where to walk to and where to avoid.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business