“Great service, clean rooms, minor problems”
Review of The Ellis Hotel

The Ellis Hotel
Ranked #43 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Ellis hotel in Atlanta during a trade show. Overall it was a very good visit. Front desk clerk, Nickole was very welcoming and informative. My room was small, but clean and very comfortable. I ate several meals in the restaurant and all were good. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance. My room faced the main street and the occasional horn blowing or loud motorcycle was disturbing. The elevator is very small and a few times I had to wait several minutes for one.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the main street
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Hello, thank you for mentioning how Nickole was able to take care of you. I can't wait to share your review with her. I'm sorry you found the city noise disturbing-next time we can put you in a room on the back side of the hotel so that you can enjoy a truly relaxing experience.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is my second visit to the Ellis Hotel, because of business, and was an easy choice because of the hospitality. Here again for a conference, and truly the hospitality and team at the Ellis make every guest feel like they are important. You are greeted everyday by a staff member with a positive attitude, and a willingness to make your stay comfortable. The room had a comfortable bed, and was well laid out. Walking distance from the Georgia Conference Center, it offered me refuge from the conference, and was easy to brag about to other conference visitors.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed on the west side of the hotel, and I would recommend you ask for the east side i...

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your loyalty and for such kind words-it was a true pleasure to have you as a guest. We hope to see you again next year.
Olya and the entire Front Desk team

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Was in town to attend a concert at the Rialto which is just around the corner. We got in to Atlanta early and there was nothing to do on a Sunday morning so my wife and I faced the prospect of sitting in our rental car doing nothing. I chanced going to the counter person and explained our situation and she found an empty room and, voila, problem solved. The valets were extremely courteous and helpful without being annoying. The room wasn't huge but it had every necessity. I had heard some complaints about construction noise but, if there was any, it did not disturb my sleep. All in all, I was very impressed, the price was right and the trip was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad we could accommodate early check-in for you-we do our best to try and avoid any waiting for our guests. I hope you enjoyed the concert at the Rialto.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed over the night before a race and just fell in love with the Ellis. The romatic feel of an old hotel, beautifully fused with a modern redo was just what we wanted. Love, love, love it- and will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon,
Thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor community that you enjoyed how well the history and the modern decor blend at the Ellis hotel. We hope thatyou come back in the nearest future!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The food was great and very nicely prepared. I was seated and before I knew it my meal was there! The meal matched the wonderful service from my server Helena who kept a smile on her face equaling one on mines! Very nice and comfortable atmosphere ! I'll definitely recommend you stop by if your in downtown Atlanta!

• Stayed: October 2013

Hello,
Thank you for dining in Terrace Bistro-I will definitely share your kind words with Helena.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great Hotel and Staff. All were very helpful but Tim in the lounge and Nickole at the front desk were awesome. The food was also very good. I would recommended this place. The value for the price was great and easy to walk to several places.

Good Afternoon,
I was ecstatic to read your comments about Tim and Nickole and so were they. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Loved The Ellis. The staff was professional, courteous, friendly and helpful. We were greeted each time we returned to the hotel. We arrived around noon, but our room was available and we were checked in quickly. Our corner room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, including made to order omelettes. A nice location in downtown, easy walk to the aquarium, CNN, Coca-Cola, restaurants. We had a rental car, but the Marta was just across the street.

Room Tip: The premium king was a corner room with a view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I'm glad we were able to accommodate an early check in for you and that you found yor room comfortable and staff friendly. We hope that you choose to stay with us again during your next trip to Atlanta.