“Ellis Hotel”

The Ellis Hotel
Ranked #43 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 10, 2013

There was construction going on when we checked in and the staff was very helpful in directing us into the hotel. Our bellhop was just fantastic and the staff at the front desk was great. However, when we got up to our room, the A/C was not working and the maintenance person came in and said they would come and fix it right away...they did not during the 2 days we were there so the A/C ran the ENTIRE time morning and night. The bed was super cozy as well as the pillows. Great bathroom as well. Our main complaint about this hotel, despite the beautiful rooms, was the air freshener that seemed to piped into the rooms. It was quite overwhelming. It was almost like they were pumping fabric softener smells directly into the room. It was just too much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Good afternoon, thank you for your feedback. I apologize you ran into a problem with air conditioning and that the air freshener was overwhelming. This is definitely not a usual occurrence and I will bring it up to the housekeeping/maintenance managers. We hope to have another opportunity to impress you next time you visit Atlanta.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

One the day of my stay I was having a bad day. I was tired, frustrated and overwhelmed. I walked into the hotel ready to go to my room and go to sleep, the front desk representative at the time was so polite and concerned about the frustration in my face and continuously asked if there was anything she could do to make the day any better. At the end of my check in I was laughing and she sent me to the bar to have a drink. Thank god for people like Ms. Helena, she did an outstanding job. I can't wait to come back and see her again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank asia_noelle

Good afternoon, Thank you for the kind words about our staff.
I'm so glad the front desk agent and Helena were able to make your day:) We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Wonderful staff any problem we had were quickly corrected. Best A/C I have ever had in a hotel very cool room. The ac has a slightly loud fan but I like that sound to help me sleep. I will defenately be back next year.

Hello,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm grad to hear the problem you encountered was resolved quickly.We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

During a recent overnight trip to Atlanta, we stayed at The Ellis Hotel. It was very charming.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and extremely comfortable. Where most hotels have flat, unfluffy pillows this hotel had eight pillows per bed in varying thickness and size. As someone who prefers a thick, feather pillow this came as a very welcome surprise. The beds were firm but soft and I had no problem falling asleep. Their daily parking rate was 1/3 the cost and their nightly rate was about 1/3 less than other hotels in the vincinity

The hotel is in a great location with several restaurants and pubs within walking distance.

We will definitely stay at The Ellis Hotel again.

Good afternoon,
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your room as well as the staff. Many of our guests appreciate the extra pillows:) We hope to see you again when you're back in Atlanta.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter and I visited the Ellis last weekend. Staff is excellent, very personable and willing to do pretty much anything we asked. Even chased down my umbrellas in my car which was valet parked. Hotel is very close to everything we needed to get to downtown. It is very secure due to technology (key card required to use elevator). We stayed in the back so no view, but also no noise (very quiet). Only shortcoming was the lack of a refrigerator in the room. Room very nice, plenty of room, etc. Very Clean and all that. Already have reservations for same weekend next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello-we're thrilled you're coming back next year! Thank you very much for your loyalty and for the feedback you provided. We look forward to making your future stay memorable.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just came back from 2 night stay to attend football game. Busiest Atlanta weekend of the year, is my guess. Dragon Con event had Peachtree street hopping. Ellis Hotel was a great central location and although small, the room was very clean and nicely done. Construction mentioned by others is now gone at the entrance to the hotel, so you can pull up easily for Valet parking. Staff was extremely friendly the whole stay...front desk, bell hops, bartenders, etc. Couldn't find a place to eat due to crowds one evening and ate in their small restaurant. Food was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I was glad to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your room, the food and the service you received. We hope to have you as our guest again next time you visit Atlanta.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I were in Atlanta for five days for a massive (over 75,000 attendees) convention. Instead of dealing with the long lines at one of the 'official' convention hotels, we decided to stay at the Ellis Hotel instead. We are so very happy we did.

The location is right on Peachtree Street nears lots of restaurants and the MARTA is just steps away which made getting there from the airport a breeze - and very cheap!

The staff was fabulous everywhere. From the front desk, to Helena (who waited on us at dinner) to Ben who cooked by husband's eggs every morning. The hotel was booked solid but they still had a smile on their face and a friendly greeting every time we saw anyone on the staff.

The room was clean and the queen-sized bed comfortable. The only downside is that the tub is a bit small if you like to take baths.

Because of the massive convention and huge Bowl football game, every restaurant in town was packed so we opted to eat breakfast every day in the hotel. The buffet was $14 and included cook-to-order eggs/omelets, oatmeal, grits, sausage, bacon, sausage and biscuits, homefries, mini quiches, pastries, muffins, yogurt and fresh fruit coffee or tea. Juice (which was very good) was $3 more.

Everything was very tasty and very fresh. Obviously we liked it since we chose to eat there every morning of our stay.

Would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Atlanta.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon-Thank you for choosing to stay with us-I'm glad you enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the Ellis. Thank you for the kind words about Helena and Ben-I can't wait to share your review with them! We hope to have you back again for the convention next year.