“Great Hotel and Staff!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel and Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the Ellis this last week on a business trip to Atlanta. In a nutshell I can say that the rooms are excellent (great AC and amenities). Very clean and although there was construction work on the street I did not ear a sound!!! Great location in the city center. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Nickole (the manager) was incredibly professional and always keen to help a "foreigner". All in all a great hotel, so I strongly recommend staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Good Afternoon,
I was proud to hear Nickole took great care of you! I'm glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room and the hotel location. We look forward to having you back again soon.
Olya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Just checked in after a little trouble finding our way around some construction. Nicole at the front desk was super sweet and helpful. The room is clean and well appointed. The location is super convient for downtown events Would reccomend for couples.

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us-and for posting about your experience. I will definitely share this with Nickole-she will be delighted to hear the kind words.
We hope you to have you as our guest again in the nearest future.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked a room at your place to be close to Turner Field and also that you all had 4.5 rating on Hotels.com. Coming to see my beloved Braves beat The Cardinals was a great moment in a bad year for me. My mother passed away in February and I needed to be in my Mecca...Atlanta,Ga!!! I was meeting an old friend there at the Ellis as well and wanted the best for us in Atl. We both drove nearly 5hrs to get to Atlanta.When I got to The Ellis, Peachtree Street was blocked right in front of your hotel for road construction..... I was tired from driving, stressed about my friends ordeal to come with the traffic and closed One Way streets and I was worried for her....

Ms. BRENETTE and Staff made it possible to get through the craziness downtown on Friday Afternoon before a Baseball game and with several conventions going on by staying on the phone ,calmly and professionally even though I was not...:)

The door staff rocked too!

Love you Guys!
Anthony ( Crazed Braves Fanatic )

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Anthony,
I was so glad to hear Brenette was able to navigate you through the street closures, she's a pro when it comes to directions! I can't wait to share your review with her...
Thank you for being so understanding about the trolley construction-we hope to have you back when it's completed.
Thank you for your business!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

On my 20th wedding anniversary, I had the pleasure of visiting the Ellis. From previous visits I knew it would be clean and comfortable, but what I did not count on was Nickole at the front desk. She is the poster child for what service with a smile represents. She is the reason why the Ellis is our new go to get away. I will tell all my personal friends and family to stay there. Nickole thank you.

Good Afternoon,
I was thrilled to read your notes about Nickole-I know she will be ecstatic to see this! We are glad we're your new get-away destination and cannot wait to have you back as our guest.
Jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My 12 year old son and I stayed here for a weekend to see the Braves and visit attractions in Atlanta. The hotel is in a great location close to attractions, restaurants, and the business district. If you want a nice place downtown that is not too terribly expensive, this is a good choice.

The hotel is an old hotel with a nice refurbishment. They have done some positive things with this property which is good to see. The hotel is located at the corner of Peachtree and Ellis just several blocks from the historic Five Points Section. Across the corner is the Ritz-Carlton and the next block down is the Westin Peachtree Plaza. In about a 15 minute walk you are at the Olympic Centenniel Park and attractions like World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, CNN. If you need to go elsewhere, just cross the street to catch MARTA. To go to the Braves game, we caught a taxi for $12 one way. It was easier and quicker. Finding a restaurant was easy with many close by the hotel.

One thing that was a problem and noted by others was the construction going on around the hotel. Atlanta is putting in a rail trolly system which might be nice when it is finished -- but what a headache now. While I could get close to the hotel, I never could get to the valet station at the hotel due to all of the construction. The hotel was very understanding. When I was close enough to throw a ball and hit the Ellis’second story, they sent a valet over who then took my car. I appreciated the service.

Everyone at the hotel was pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed being there altough there wasn’t much to do while we were there. This was not a problem to us. They did have a nice lounge area which had a nice wine reception in the early evening.

The rooms were small but what was to be expected in an older city hotel. The rooms were nicely furnished and had comfortable beds. Bathrooms were nice.

I look forward to returning one day when they have finsihed the construction.

Room Tip: We stayed in a top floor room and it was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon,
I was glad to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location, as well as the historic charm of the hotel. Thank you so much for being so understanding about the city progress, we can't wait for the streetcar project to be completed-what a great addition it will be to the variety of things to do in the city! We hope to have you and your family back as our guests then:)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Overall it was a good experiance but.... the receptionist at the door (Chris) was an overall pain, tried to downsize my room for some unknown reason, but Ms. Brenette was wonderful in getting things corrected. Thanks again for making our stay comfortable.

1 Thank YBdaBoss
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize that you originally didn't get the room type you reserved. I will make sure to cover it in our next training. I hope this didn't spoil your overall experience and you had a pleasant time. We hope to have you as a guest again, so that you can have a flawless stay.
Aberdare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have just stayed for 3 nights in the Ellis for the start of our holiday. When we arrived we were met by roadworks and could not work out how to get to the hotel valet parking. Calvin jumped in our car with us and showed us the way round the detour. Now the roadworks are a bit of a pain but that's out of the hotel's hands so if you're not happy then complain to the Atlanta city council. All the staff are polite and helpful and the hotel is very clean. Our room was made up every day and always clean and tidy. Atlanta is one of the friendliest cities I have been to and even strangers asked if they could help if we looked lost.
A big thank you to Keith in the bar cos if you ever go then you need to do "wine down". Plus a thank you to Troy and we did go to the Noisy Oyster as recommended. Last of all a huge thank you to Calvin who helped us in so many ways.
Next time we go to Atlanta we will definitely be booking a room here.

Stayed July 2013
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you so much for posting this review-I was delighted to hear about your experience at the Ellis and in Atlanta overall. We hope this becomes your regular vacation destination. I also would like to thank you for your patience with the Streetcar construction Atlanta is currently undertaking. We look forward to having you back again soon.