“Outstanding!”

The Ellis Hotel
Ranked #43 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family of four stayed at the Ellis last week. The customer service was absolutely Outstanding! Troy, Oscar and Calvin were amazing! The front desk staff always said Hello with a smile. Everyone at the property exceeded our expectations and I will always be Grateful for the experience. While the building was in great shape, the people are the real reason for its success. If your outcome is to serve, you will not fail. Thank you Ellis family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly C
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Kelly,
Thank you very much for the kind words about our staff and the hotel overall-I will definitely share it with the rest of the team, specifically with Oscar, Troy and Calvin. I'm so glad the Ellis family was able to take care of your family! We hope to have you as a guest again next time you're in Atlanta.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A family weekend with outstanding personnel, great hospital breakfast and happy hour. Great room and near all attractions. Able to access Marta and made it to a Braves game. Great restaurants nearby and walking distance to several locations

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Good Afternoon,
I was glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay and found the location convenient.
Thank you very much for your business. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We Loved the hotel. It was very clean and Not your usual hotel chain type of facility. The street out front was still under construction which was a pain but we will definitely go back. The staff was very helpful and very courteous.

Dear Diane,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was glad to hear you still found your way around, despite the roadwork. The City of Atlanta is building a streetcar track and we cannot wait for it to be completed so that our guests can enjoy the convenience as well as access the hotel easily. We hope to have you as our guest again next time you're in Atlanta.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

While traveling back to Memphis from an extended weekend in SC, we stopped in Atlanta to have dinner with some friends and stay the evening before heading back home. We made reservations at the Ellis Hotel and could not have been more pleased with the quality, the style and most importantly the people. I would highly recommend this hotel and have!

From Nicole guiding us in patiently to Ryan graciously helping with all of our needs, it could not have been a better experience. We are now looking for another good reason to head back to Atlanta to stay at the Ellis.

Room Tip: We were in 806 which was a corner room that had windows on 2 sides...highly recommend!

Dear Robert,
Thank you very much for posting your review-I'm glad you enjoyed the service and your Premium King room. I can't wait to share this review with Nickole and Ryan-reviews likeyours are certainly the best praise for all of us. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We love boutique hotels & the Ellis didn't disappoint. I booked our reservations directly on their website which was very easy (& actually the lowest price I found online). They are currently doing construction in the area, but you can still walk/drive in front of the hotel. The valet staff was very helpful, asking if we needed help with our bags, directions as we explored the city, etc. & Joshwa at the front desk was very welcoming & informative. We had an excellent view of they skyline with Stone Mountain in the background & weren't bothered by any street, or construction, sounds. The bed was very comfortable, which is so important for a good night's rest! We will return to the Ellis the next time that we are in Atlanta!

Good Afternoon,
I was delighted to read your review-glad that you found our building charming and the website user-friendly. I was also glad to hear you had a good night sleep and enjoyed the bed, despite the streetcar project that's in progress right now. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

ok, I could ask for more.....there was construction nearby that required the hotel to use a valet service.that service was $25.Fortunately it was for 24 hour period, so it covered our 1.5 day in atlanta.
I loved this hotel.Pristine boutique.Everything seemed new.The staff was extremely freindly.Was a few blocks from aquarium,centennial park(we walked there for 4thjuly fireworks).The price was excellent$108, which seems like the lowest I have ever paid anywhere.They had bathrobes too...

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I was glad to hear you found our location convenient and were able to get such a great deal for your stay. I'm very sorry that the access to the hotel is somewhat restricted at the moment-the City of Atlanta is undertaking a streetcar project and we thank you for your understanding. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

From our initial contact with the reservations desk (by phone) to our last contact with the valet, our stay was top notch. The entire staff was courteous, friendly, and very helpful. BIG shout-out to Calvin and the rest of his crew! The rooms obviously have been re-done recently and the attention to detail was very nice. Bathroom was clean, shower was divine after a long day's travel. Beds had lots of pillows and were like sinking into a cloud... or maybe I was just so exhausted I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. LOL Breakfast downstairs was a wonderful start to our day. I will certainly make a point to stay at the Ellis for all of my future travels to Atlanta.

Room Tip: We stayed at the end of a hallway and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WanderingBard
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Good afternoon,
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay from the very beginning to the very end. I can't wait to share this with Calvin-he will be very excited! We look forward to having you here again next time you're in Atlanta.