“Wish we could have stayed a bit longer!” 4 of 5 stars

Ellis Hotel
Ranked #60 of 178 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Knoxville
“Wish we could have stayed a bit longer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The only bad part of this stay was that we got there so late we couldn't really enjoy it and had to leave early the next day. What we DID experience, however, was very nice. Super clean, nice bathroom. Great staff - the guy that had to put the truck away went above and beyond because we had wedding gifts in the back of the truck. The next morning it was the same thing with all the straps, etc. Everyone was really nice - the concierge was so funny! Great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on such special occasion. I was glad to hear that your room was comfirtable and that we were able to accommodate you in valet parking. Please be sure to come back when you have more time-we'll definitely look forward to your visit.
Olya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love boutique hotels. Especially one's that are historic, and where owners and management cherish the value of the charm of their property. That is what I found at The Ellis Hotel. It's historic, well maintained, crisp, smart looking and has a staff that is proud to be working in such a quaint environment.

Nestled downtown across from some of the major BIG chain hotels, The Ellis is ideally located for business, intimate events or a fun weekend getaway. The stylish hotel is warm, comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. I was there for a small business trade show and lunch which was well executed. The staff was accommodating, the food quality was good and the physical space well laid out.

I also ate dinner in their signature restaurant the night before. I was traveling alone, so I sat at the bar. The staff there was helpful, but as the restaurant was not busy, I found the service somewhat slow and "uninspiring." The food was good and they had a small bar menu which I greatly appreciated. I was looking for a quick and lite bite and found both.

The guest room was a good size. The beds were GREAT. The desk was not well designed for doing business, but it worked for my needs that stay.

If you enjoy well designed, chic, historic hotels, with a great staff, The Ellis is for you! I'll be back! The General Manager was very personable, as well Nicole B at the front desk.

Green Features: Being "Green" is a top priority for The Ellis!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffabba
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for this feedback-I'm confident many Tripadvisor users will find your beautifully written review helpful. I was glad to hear you enjoyed our interior and the historic charm that the Ellis has to offer. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and for the comments on where we need to improve. We hope to have you back next time you're in Atlanta.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

First, staff is top notch (thanks Olya and Calvin! Forgot the valet guy's name, but he was super).
Checked in on a Friday. Had free appetizers and $1 wine at the bar for happy hour. Bartender friendly just like everyone else. Room was nicely appointed, everything worked as expected, and shower was nice. Close to several places in the area such as the Hard Rock, and the Metro Cafe Diner (place was CRAZY at 2:30am!).
Only drawback was the construction noise on the street. I consider that only a temporary nuisance till the street work gets finished. Other than that it is a "5".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Good afternoon,
Thank you for the kind words-I will definitely share this with Calvin. I was delighted to hear that you had a great time in Atlanta. Thank you for your patience with the road construction while the City of Atlanta is going through the Streetcar Project. We are all very excited about it and cannot wait for it to be finished! Thank you for your business!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We took our kids for a weekend trip to Atlanta. We wanted to visit the aquarium and the coca cola museum. I booked the hotel on priceline because they were offering a deal. When I arrived, I found the hotel to be modern and elegant. This hotel also meets the expectations of many people whi travel to the south because it has a flair foe southern hospitality. My room was very nice also. The only problem was with my shower. The device that switches from shower to tub had bwen damaged. The only problem with this was that my youngest child has to take a bath because she is not old enough for a shower. Mrs. Nicole at the front desk made everything right for us. She upgraded our accomodations at no cost to me.

The next morning, we sent for our car. While talking to the valet, he suggested thay we load our bags into our vehicle and take a taxi to the aquarium. This was due to the cost of parking passes. When our vehicle was brought around, our bags were loaded and our car was sent back for parking. The valet hailed a taxi for us and saw to it that the driver took care of everything that we needed. The valet even saw to it that we were properly checked out of the hotel.

In the end, this hotel is probably one of the nicer ones in the downtown ATL area. The location is great as well as the rooms and atmosphere. However I believe that the best part of my experience is the wonderful staff employeed at this hotel. The owners of tye ellis should be proud of their employees. They work very hard to make sure that their guests are treated like family. I will definitely be returning to the Ellis hotel. Thanks to all of you; you were great!!!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Olya R, Front Office Manager at Ellis Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Good Afternoon,
I was very happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your recent stay and for the kind words-I will definitely share this with Nickole.
We hope to have you as a guest again next time you're in Atlanta.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place has far more character than a Hilton or a Hampton. It's quite obvious that they cultivate a staff awareness of being friendly and helpful. I stayed there because I was down for a quick business trip and realized that if I got a hotel by the MARTA subway I could go straight from aiport terminal to hotel and not have the hassle of renting a car. It worked like a charm. I also really like to have windows that open (due to allergies). They have that too in some of the rooms. To top it all off they had some good vegetarian food in the restaurant. I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hello,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. Using MARTA is definitely a great convenience, considering our location, especially when traveling on business. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff at the Ellis were wonderful. Everyone from the valet, the front desk, the dining staff were genuinely friendly and courteous. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom amenities a plus. The hotel is near restaurants and a short cab ride to the ballpark. The breakfast buffet on Sunday morning was delicious - made to order omelets, pastries, biscuits and gravy... I will definitely stay at the Ellis my next time though Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,
I appreciate your kind feedback and specific comments about your experience with us. I will certainly share your review with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us. In particular, I know that our entire staff will be very grateful for your recognition of their genuine Southern Hospitality...it's something that we really pride ourselves on.
Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights and it was really great! The hotel probably has the most friendly staff ever! Every single person always had a smile on their face, greeted you and helped you with everything. Also hotel is located in the middle of Atlanta close to everything. We will definitely choose the same hotel when in Atlanta next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about our staff-I can't wait to share your review with the rest of the team!
We will certainly be glad to have you back next time you visit Atlanta.