The Ellis Hotel
$184
  • Room Service
$127
1,529 results
All reviewsboutique hotelfront deskgreat boutiquesmall hotelpeachtree streetstreet noiseheart of downtownchain hotelsmarta stationwithin walking distancecorner roomvalet serviceroom servicevalet parkingbusiness tripworld of coca colakey card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2008

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 29, 2008

It was a wonderful experience. At most big city Hotels you usually end up with a jaded staff. At the Ellis, every member of the staff that I came in contact with was very friendly and helpful. The facility was spotless, the room spacious and comfortable, the shower controls easy to figure out and use, great location, within walking distance to the subway,big flat screen TV and free internet access. The other great thing is that the subway will take you directly to the airport. The only airport I've been to that does that. (JFK rips you off by charging $5.00 to take you a 1/2 mile from the subway station to the terminal)

Reviewed February 22, 2008

We spent two nights in the Ellis and overall were pleased with our stay. It is a fairly new hotel and they seem to be working out some of the bumps still, especially when it comes to service.

Checking in, there were several employees in the lobby but only one at the front desk despite the fact there was a line for help. When we finally got to the desk, the woman helping us did apologize for the wait and was happy to accommodate our early check in.

The room was great looking although not as clean as I would have liked. We found hair all over the place. Other than that, it was very nice. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was large with great toiletries and it was quiet up on the 15th floor.

Internet is free in the business center, but was working sporadically and the printer/fax was out of ink for two days despite being reported. A couple of times we called the front desk and got no answer or were put on hold for 10 minutes.

The restaurant was chic with some unique and delicious choices and the waitstaff and chef were friendly and attentive.

Location is great...walking distance to the Aquarium, Coke and CNN. If you want some authentic southern food, check out PittyPat's Porch down the street.

We requested a late check out but were denied...I understand it's not always possible. They did however hold our bags for the day since we had a late flight.

They seem understaffed but hopefully this will get worked out with time. I would go back and definitely recommend the Ellis.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2008

I travel frequently for business, and I have stayed at hotels across the price range so I know what is reasonable and not. I was at the Ellis for four nights and 5 days. My stay at the Ellis was pretty bad, and here's why: Upon entering my room, I found hair in the tub, sink, and toilet. Later, I found more hair on the sheets. The breakfast order card (for ordering in-room dining to be delivered the next day) only appeared in my room on one day - once I used it, it was never replaced. I ordered breakfast, and it never came. The manager said he would call to recify, never did. I had to call him again -- after - get this - breakfast comes the NEXT morning, waking me up. He never explained why that happened. I had to call his boss to try to get some satisfaction. The iron and ironing board was always left out. On the three days that the sheets were not changed, the bedding was just yanked up to the pillows (not "made"). The minibar was not restocked once. A coffee spill was left untouched on the desk, and I think the one day the cups were not clean (just wiped out). And worst, worst, worst of all: EVERY day my key had to be recoded. On one afternoon, I had to get it recoded 4 times while the front desk staff just did it over and over again - not investigating, not apologizing. And the elevator takes forever. I did speak with multiple managers several times who had lots of apologies. Though they took no steps to rectify the housekeeping problems, they credited me with two nights' stay for my breakfast troubles. While this is a significant attempt to make it right, which I appreciated, it still added up to a heck of a lot of tolerating bad service and consistent irritation to stay here. If I hadn't bought the trip on Travelocity, I would have left on day 2. Taken all together, who needs this kind of hassle? There are lots of other hotels within walking distance of this one - I would never return here. Hilton Atlanta seems nice, but have not stayed there...yet.

4  Thank business_traveler008
Reviewed February 13, 2008

New, very clean hotel with modern furniture. Nice staff, nice location. It's something similar to the W Hotel without all the hype. I was very happy and slept very well in their comfortable, clean beds with huge white comfitters.

1  Thank EHB