The Ellis Hotel
$194
$150
WHotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$119
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$116
$94
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$127
$118
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center(Atlanta)(Great Value!)
$418
$148
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$85
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$179
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Atlanta(Atlanta)(Great Value!)
$159
Travelocity
$159
$150
Priceline
$1,400
Westin.com
1,546 results
All reviewsboutique hotelfront deskgreat boutiquesmall hotelpeachtree streetstreet noiseheart of downtownchain hotelsmarta stationwithin walking distancecorner roomvalet servicevalet parkingroom servicebusiness tripworld of coca colakey card
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip to Atlanta. Lightning fast check-in. I felt like they were waiting for ME. Like I was important. They had everything ready to go as soon as I gave them my last name . . . okay, so they didn't recognize me, but I'm going to let that go. It did feel like, "Oh! So you're . . ." Everyone I encountered at the hotel was friendly and very helpful.

The room was clean and comfortable for $139 per night. It was just ever so slightly a bit on the small side, but nothing to complain about. Breakfast was good, not excellent, but good. This is not a big chain type hotel with a big lobby, big bar, and big dining area. They had all of these but they were small. For me, that's what I like. There is dining room seating on a small open-air balcony outside facing Peachtree street. It has four or five tables. Kind of romantic, but I was travelling on business, so I didn't get to take advantage of it.

The air conditioner was somewhat loud, but it didn't bother me. If you are sensitive to changes in sound levels, it could be a problem. The bed was very comfortable. If you like a lot of pillows, this is the hotel for you. You get six of them. That's right . . . six! Seven if you count the little cylindrical one. I was going to call down to the front desk and ask if I could get some extra pillows, just to hear the reaction, but I didn't do it.

My business meetings were at two different locations in Atlanta, Avondale and Lindbergh. I used MARTA (rail transit system) to go from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to my meetings, to see a little bit of the city (I didn't think that Underground Atlanta was all that great), and to go from the hotel back to the airport., There is a stop right at the hotel (Peachtree Center) .

To come up out of the station at the hotel, you have to know which end of the train to be on or which exit to use, but the worst case is that you'll have a two block walk from the train. (Ask someone at the hotel for the inside info on how to make it easy exiting the station.) Getting on is easier since the station entrance is right outside of the hotel. It was nice not to have to deal with a car . . . parking, directions, rental return hassle (did you fill it within 100 yards of the airport?), etc.

I had an excellent steak dinner at a place on the main street at the front of the hotel, on the same side as the hotel. I can't remember it's name, but it is not the Brazilian place. It's down the street a little bit passed that.

All in all, an excellent place to stay, especially if you like smaller non-chain places.

Room Tip: There are a couple of different room rates that, I believe, depend on the size of the room. This is a 14-story building with a small footprint. I'm not sure what rooms are good or bad, but mine was on the 14th floor. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Richard K, General Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

I was very glad to hear you thought the Ellis to be a “Good Value" with a "Great Staff”
and that you thought the Ellis to be " an excellent place to stay, especially if you like smaller non-chain places. We will look forward to your return and thank you for experiencing the Ellis Hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Excellent location across the street from a MARTA stop and walking distance to Centential Park, CNN building area. Lobby, common areas, and room were very clean. Nicely decorated. Terrace restaurant had surprisingly good food for a hotel restaurant.

Only complaint would be service. Staff were friendly, but our room was not serviced one day (we left and took the do not disturb sign off around 3pm) and when we got back to the room around midnight and called for towels, they did arrive promptly, but then they didnt' want to take the used ones back and told us to put them in hallway. Also when we checked some bags on our last day and then picked them up later, the bellhop totally lost a tip when he decided to take our claim check then lean against the counter and tell a joke to the desk staff before getting our bags.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Richard K, General Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Glad you liked our location,common areas, and thought our rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. Also that you thought the Terrace restaurant had surprisingly good food. I was however very concerned to hear your room was not serviced one day and that the bellperson did not provide proper service. We take our guests comments very seriously and address them all with the proper departments so that we can learn from mistakes and to continue to improve the quality of service we desire to give all our guests.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Across from Ritz-Carlton and near Westin. Stayed 2 days with family. Staff is excellent, and all are authentically cordial. Breakfast was remarkable, ambience and atmosphere lovely, prices and amenities very acceptable. Really couldn't ask for more. Cute bar area and terraces. Knew half way thru the trip I had to 5 star them. Good job you guys-you're doing it all right!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael A

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your stay at the Ellis Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back as a loyal Ellis Guest in the very near future!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Wonderful staff, clean, very cool hotel with classic architecture. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Glad to know you would "Highly recommend" the Ellis Hotel. We too feel we have a wonderful staff, clean, and very cool hotel with classic architecture and look forward to your return as a valued, loyal Ellis guest!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at the Ellis Hotel for 3 nights, for a business trip in Atlanta, and I can say it's a pretty good hotel. Nice and clean, the rooms are not too big but they are very comfortable. High speed internect connection in the rooms, and a nice bathroom, made my time in Atlanta quite enjoyable. The service and concierge people are really kind and nice, always available to help you out. I will definitely come back next time I am in town. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Glad you felt the Ellis was a "pretty good hotel" and that our rooms were nice and clean and very comfortable. More importantly we look forward to welcomeing you back as a loyal valued guest the next time your town!