“A lot of everything in one location”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #45 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Little Rock, Arkansas
“A lot of everything in one location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while in Atlanta the weekend of the largest cheer competition in the United States. Despite that fact we had a wonderful time. The indoor pool features 3 overhead buckets that kids can hit and dump water into the pool. The outside pool was a little to cold despite it being "heated". The staff were very friendly and accomodating. You are within walking distance of four restaurants (walking distance with a 3 year old). You couldnt ask to be closer to the park, the aquarium, or the children's museum. Floorplan was a little confusing and I would recomment room service with little ones if you are dining in. Room was great, although bed was a little hard. Left something, called back, immediately found and overnighted back to me at no charge (A small but very valuable item I might add). Which I think speaks very highly of their staff. Will definately stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LLSouthernTrvlr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
st. louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

Alot of things in the rooms are fragile and breakable. Room was roomy and spacious, although staff was rude in disposition; they did not give us a room on the top floor even though we booked one up there. The soap was awesome, it was from Nuetrogena, and their restraunt was SUPER expensive! i suggest that you just order pizza there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2010

Relatively new property conveniently located near downtown Atlanta. The parking is pricey and a bit complicated, but other than that I enjoy my stays at this location.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Jtown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

The nicest Hilton Garden Inn we've stayed in among a very nice chain. As Hilton Diamond member, we received breakfast coupons for the family. The breakfast room near the top of the Hotel had outstanding views of the Georgia Aquarium (next door), Millenium Park and Downtonw Atlanta. The Breakfast itself was above average for Hilton Garden Inn in terms of food choice and quality. Nice choice of restaurants for families within short walking distance, including Max's Coal Fired Oven Pizza which was outstanding. Hotel has an aquarium theme that is tasteful and modern, and makes sense as it is the nearest hotel to the Georgia Aquarium which is incredible. I hadn't been to Atlanta in about a decade and our experience over just 24 hours has inspired us to return soon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Charleston, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2010

The hotel was neat, clean, and convenient. However, during the afternoon on the first day my cell phone charger disappeared from my room. When I brought it to the attention of the staff that evening they said they would look into it. Since I never received a response from them on the second day I went back to the desk to inquire. The sum and substance of the conversation was that since they didn't witness the theft there was nothing they could do about it. Here's an idea, reimburse me for the cost of the charger. The cost would be far less than the ill will they created. Bottom line, the staff was not helpful.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank zin57
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one evening immediately after Christmas. We booked our reservation using Hilton Hhonors reward points.

The hotel still looks very new and has all the expected features of a modern hotel (business center, gym, pool, mini-convenience store, etc). The decor is contemporary but not unfriendly so... more like a W Hotel than typical Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms are comfortable and attractive with flat panel LCD TVs, adjustable beds, and comfy chairs. Each room is also equipped with a microwaves/coffee maker/refrigerator.

The location of this hotel is very good, especially for visitors to the Georgia Aquarium, Coca-Cola world, or most of the other downtown attractions. Parking is adjacent to the hotel, and is $18 for self parking. Several restaurants are in the immediate area, including a Legal Seafood restaurant that is inside of the hotel building (although it's not the most kid-friendly choice).

Overall the hotel ranks very highly, especially the ones I've stayed in in the Atlanta area (which are notorious for their underwhelming quality). The issues that I had were related to the staff cleaning the room. Despite our late check-in time, the room had not been cleaned or the trash cans emptied. Since it was so late, we never asked the front desk to address this problem; when we did mention it at checkout, they were very apologetic. We also heard several other hotel guests complaining about the same problem, so be aware of this issue if you are fastidiously neat.

Despite the issues, I would highly recommend this hotel for families that are visiting downtown Atlanta, especially the aquarium.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel November 4 and 5. I was there for a work conference, and he came with for fun. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told the room we requested (king size, city view, whirlpool) wasn't available, so they upgraded us to a suite at no charge to us. We didn't ask for that, so it was awesome! The suite was HUGE! It was almost as big as some apartments I've lived in. The suite was on the 12th floor. We had magnificent views of the skyline and the World of Coca-Cola and Georgia Aquarium.

We decided to check out the restaurant for breakfast on the morning of November 5. Kind of spendy at $12.95 per person. The breakfast was a glorified continental breakfast, but they did have eggs and stuff cooked to order. Since I only wanted cereal and toast, our waitress kindly only charged us for my husband's breakfast. I was pretty happy about that!

The room: The suite we got upgraded to was absolutely enormous! It had a living room area with a bathroom and bar area, and a second flat-screen TV. The bedroom had a wonderful king size bed, another TV and a HUGE bathroom with double sinks, a jetted tub and a large shower. The bed was AMAZING. When we got there, the drain to our tub was broken. I called someone the night we arrived, around 11 p.m., but no one was on hand to fix it. They promised to send someone up the next day. I thought they'd probably end up blowing it off, but they showed up with the new drain as promised. I was quite pleased.

The location: Excellent location if you are interested in touristy stuff. CNN Headquarters is a few blocks away, and it is right next to World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. It's very easy to get a cab in this area too! We didn't wait more than five minutes before a cab would pull up to pick us up.

Overall, this hotel was awesome. If something wasn't working, they fixed it right away. Everyone was super nice and accomodating. I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business