“Loved this hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Aberdeen, South Dakota
“Loved this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel November 4 and 5. I was there for a work conference, and he came with for fun. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told the room we requested (king size, city view, whirlpool) wasn't available, so they upgraded us to a suite at no charge to us. We didn't ask for that, so it was awesome! The suite was HUGE! It was almost as big as some apartments I've lived in. The suite was on the 12th floor. We had magnificent views of the skyline and the World of Coca-Cola and Georgia Aquarium.

We decided to check out the restaurant for breakfast on the morning of November 5. Kind of spendy at $12.95 per person. The breakfast was a glorified continental breakfast, but they did have eggs and stuff cooked to order. Since I only wanted cereal and toast, our waitress kindly only charged us for my husband's breakfast. I was pretty happy about that!

The room: The suite we got upgraded to was absolutely enormous! It had a living room area with a bathroom and bar area, and a second flat-screen TV. The bedroom had a wonderful king size bed, another TV and a HUGE bathroom with double sinks, a jetted tub and a large shower. The bed was AMAZING. When we got there, the drain to our tub was broken. I called someone the night we arrived, around 11 p.m., but no one was on hand to fix it. They promised to send someone up the next day. I thought they'd probably end up blowing it off, but they showed up with the new drain as promised. I was quite pleased.

The location: Excellent location if you are interested in touristy stuff. CNN Headquarters is a few blocks away, and it is right next to World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. It's very easy to get a cab in this area too! We didn't wait more than five minutes before a cab would pull up to pick us up.

Overall, this hotel was awesome. If something wasn't working, they fixed it right away. Everyone was super nice and accomodating. I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

New hotel in downtown Atlanta, next door to the Embassy Suites and super close to the Aquarium, World of Coke, and the Olympic Park. Clean and new hotel. Friendly staff. Great complimentary hot breakfast. Friendly staff at attached restaurant (Legal Seafood).

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2009

Stayed at the Hilton last week. It was raining quite a bit of the time there, but the staff was most helpful in helping to negotiate transportation, checking bags, etc. The place was spotless, and we had a great dinner at the restaurant there (who wants to venture out in torrrential downpours?). Would definitely stay at the Hilton Atlanta again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

Wonderful hotel, great location near Coke Museum. Ate at the seafood restaurant on ground level and it was wonderful, with great service. Highly recommend!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

Nice place to stay, but there is major construction going on next door at the aquarium. On Friday morning they were banging away at 6:30 AM. Also, no full curtains in my room so I could not close them to keep light / sound out. Don't stay here if you want to sleep in! People working at the hotel were extremely helpful and nice, though.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
landofawe
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

First of all this is a nice hotel in a convenient location but that is all I will give it.

When you pull into the parking garage and tell them that you are self parking you will be treated like you have a disease. Good luck figuring out what to do with the parking ticket, in the end you have to take it to the reception desk. I think it was $18 for self parking and $24 for valet. I saw several upset people waiting on their cars.

We booked this trip on points and having a status with Hilton does not get you any better treatment.

We were pleasantly suprized that checking in early our room was ready, to bad the staff wasn't ready to check people in. The front desk staff are nice but clueless. They stayed on the phone, talked to workers going by, and more or less ignored us while we were checking in. I wasn't looking for anything special, I just wanted a key and directions to the room.

The hotel is new so everything is nice and neat.

The room was very clean checking in, it was a pity that they didn't clean it for the next 2 days. We were out of the room by 9am every day, returning about 8pm, we didn't have the "Do not disturb sign" up, and we were the first room off of the elevator, so no excuses on this. If this happens while you stay there and you just want some clean towels, go get them because it takes about an hour for them to bring some to your room. Something about the bed linen reminded me of laying on a sleeping bag in a tent, it seemed to be damp to the touch.

The breakfast buffet is the normal fair, the hot foods are well taken care of but the cereal types are not. If you have the bar included, meaning you aren't paying the $15.95, don't show them your ticket when you sit down or you won't get any service. You will have to hunt someone down if you need something to drink besides milk or coffee. If you are buying breakfast go out the front door, make two lefts and eat at Johnny Rockets.

Location and looks wise this is a nice hotel but the service needs to be brought up to standards. I would stay here again if I had to but for an extra couple of dollars it would be better to stay a block away at the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oneonta, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

I was hesitant to stay here from the other reviews' talk of noisy construction and trains in the area, but it was so close to the Aquarium and a better price compared to other downtown hotels that I took a chance and asked for a room on the upper floor. There was no noise; I only heard a train very far in the distance, and I didn't notice any construction noise on the 13th floor. If you cannot sleep with light streaming into your room, bring some type of clips or pins to hold the curtains together, as they are the type that do not really close. I just happened to have some safety pins that worked to darken the room. The beds might tend to be on the hard side, if you are used to really soft ones, but all the bedding was comfy. You can book the room online that INCLUDES breakfast (I believe it was about $5 extra), so you do not have to pay that high price for the breakfast. It included all you could want, cold yogurt, fruit, to hot eggs, bacon, etc. My two sons and I just walked across the street to the Aquarium--our vehicle could stay in their parking deck on the day of departure until that afternoon, so that saved us from having to find other parking. It's a great place to stay for an Aquarium visit or other places in that area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family