“Great location, excellent service!”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #45 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
nc
“Great location, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

Wonderful hotel, great location near Coke Museum. Ate at the seafood restaurant on ground level and it was wonderful, with great service. Highly recommend!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

Nice place to stay, but there is major construction going on next door at the aquarium. On Friday morning they were banging away at 6:30 AM. Also, no full curtains in my room so I could not close them to keep light / sound out. Don't stay here if you want to sleep in! People working at the hotel were extremely helpful and nice, though.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
landofawe
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

First of all this is a nice hotel in a convenient location but that is all I will give it.

When you pull into the parking garage and tell them that you are self parking you will be treated like you have a disease. Good luck figuring out what to do with the parking ticket, in the end you have to take it to the reception desk. I think it was $18 for self parking and $24 for valet. I saw several upset people waiting on their cars.

We booked this trip on points and having a status with Hilton does not get you any better treatment.

We were pleasantly suprized that checking in early our room was ready, to bad the staff wasn't ready to check people in. The front desk staff are nice but clueless. They stayed on the phone, talked to workers going by, and more or less ignored us while we were checking in. I wasn't looking for anything special, I just wanted a key and directions to the room.

The hotel is new so everything is nice and neat.

The room was very clean checking in, it was a pity that they didn't clean it for the next 2 days. We were out of the room by 9am every day, returning about 8pm, we didn't have the "Do not disturb sign" up, and we were the first room off of the elevator, so no excuses on this. If this happens while you stay there and you just want some clean towels, go get them because it takes about an hour for them to bring some to your room. Something about the bed linen reminded me of laying on a sleeping bag in a tent, it seemed to be damp to the touch.

The breakfast buffet is the normal fair, the hot foods are well taken care of but the cereal types are not. If you have the bar included, meaning you aren't paying the $15.95, don't show them your ticket when you sit down or you won't get any service. You will have to hunt someone down if you need something to drink besides milk or coffee. If you are buying breakfast go out the front door, make two lefts and eat at Johnny Rockets.

Location and looks wise this is a nice hotel but the service needs to be brought up to standards. I would stay here again if I had to but for an extra couple of dollars it would be better to stay a block away at the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Oneonta, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

I was hesitant to stay here from the other reviews' talk of noisy construction and trains in the area, but it was so close to the Aquarium and a better price compared to other downtown hotels that I took a chance and asked for a room on the upper floor. There was no noise; I only heard a train very far in the distance, and I didn't notice any construction noise on the 13th floor. If you cannot sleep with light streaming into your room, bring some type of clips or pins to hold the curtains together, as they are the type that do not really close. I just happened to have some safety pins that worked to darken the room. The beds might tend to be on the hard side, if you are used to really soft ones, but all the bedding was comfy. You can book the room online that INCLUDES breakfast (I believe it was about $5 extra), so you do not have to pay that high price for the breakfast. It included all you could want, cold yogurt, fruit, to hot eggs, bacon, etc. My two sons and I just walked across the street to the Aquarium--our vehicle could stay in their parking deck on the day of departure until that afternoon, so that saved us from having to find other parking. It's a great place to stay for an Aquarium visit or other places in that area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
COLUMBIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

I stayed here for two nights on business in Atlanta and hotel was selected due to its proximity to my meeting place. I was very pleased with the facilities and location. I was unable to take advantage of the Aquarium and World of Coke, but there were several good restaurants within easy walking distance. As noted, parking is a bit pricey, but the garage is attached to the hotel and they will bill the parking to your room. I was on the 9th floor in a king room that was very large, had plenty of towels, and a very nice HDTV. The room was also spotless and had free Internet access.. I was pleasantly surprised there was no fee since this has not been my routine experience in downtown hotels. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

Hotel is conveniently situated in walking distance to Georgia Aquarium, World Congress Center and Olympic Centennial Park. Nice lobby, good restaurants in hotel. Nice room with view and comfy beds! The only drawback to staying was that I didn't know you could self park and ended up getting charged $24 a day for valet parking. I think valet would be worth it if you were coming and going a lot, but I didn't get in the car to drive until I checked out ot go home. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

If you want your car broken into, this may be your cup of tea. My family and I travel together while I am on business sometimes and we have done this for 3 1/2 years without incident until we stayed here. We paid $18 for parking or you can pay $24 for valet and you are not guaranteed to have safe or secure parking. My car was parked in a well lit area by the elevators and we were robbed. After being on the road for two and a half weeks with two young children and tons of clothes, we thought " hey it's just one night lets take what we need. Needless to say we lost about $1600 of electronics. 98% of it is replaceable except for the lost family video left in the camera and a highschool yearbook. The SCARY part is that we called the police dept. b/c it was non- emergent, no one answered. We then called 911 and we still did not get an answer. The security gaurd at the hotel said that we probably would not get answer before we even called. When I reported it to the front desk clerk, she shook her head and said "it's going to take all day for the police to come. Well, HELL, I couldn't even get them on the phone.

The area is full of begging people. There were a lot of school age children at and around the aquarium and my husband and I witnessed a man come up to these young boys with his hand out and he gave them hardly no personal space. It was scary. Fortunately, he was stopped by some security.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business