Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
$127
$127
$113
1,778 results
All reviewslegal seafoodgeorgia aquariumcentennial parkgreat locationjohnny rocketsworld of coca colaoutdoor poolwithin walking distancecollege football hall of famecoke museumcity viewcnn centerhot tubfront desk staffself parkconvention centerbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 15, 2008

The hotel overlooks Centennial Olympic Park and is probably the best located hotel in Downtown Atlanta - The Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Georgia Dome, Philips Arena and Georgia World Congress Center are all close by. The hotel is nice and new with functional rooms which include a flat screen TV with HD channels. We didn't require the use of the AC so can't comment on the noise issues from other reviews. The only problem we had was the toilet seat which needed some encouragement to stay up! The outdoor pool was a great addition to the stay and any hotel which has an air hockey table rocks in my book! The Legal Sea Foods restaurant located in the hotel is a great place to dine and there was a good choice for breakfast in the Great American Grill. We found the staff very friendly and helpful when required.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard J
Reviewed November 14, 2008

We booked this hotel due to the proximity of the GWCC which is a convenient 10 minute walk from this relatively new hotel. We booked several rooms for colleagues and each stayed for six nights.

The rooms are well appointed but it would seem that the staff are relatively inexperienced when it comes to dealing with customers. I found the desk staff abrupt and, on the occasion when I was locked out of my room for 2 hours dues to a faulty lock, didn't offer much in the way of apology. It was rather that I was inconveniencing them!

The problems with air conditioning noise are well documented by previous reviewers and colleagues suffered similar maintenance issues that were dealt with in an apathetic manner.

We visit Atlanta twice a year for congress and there are far better hotels in this price range. We will not be returning to the Hilton Garden Inn unless significant improvements are reported.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2008

The decor of the hotel is nice and the staff is very friendly, but they made SEVERAL screwups during my business trip last week. My coworker experienced the same thing. Their room service was horrendous, taking forever and then delivering incomplete orders and food that was not as described on the menu. Then I get a 6am wake up call that I did not ask for!!! Then housekeeping repeatedly knocked on the door even though the "do not disturb" sign was out. To top it all off, their front desk or receiving department did not give me all of the packages that were sent to my attention. By the time they gave me the last one, it was too late to use! Keep in mind, this was for a business meeting! And when you complain to them, they stare at you and never offer help or a solution. Not even an apology.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 18, 2008

This was far and away the worst experience i have had at a hotel in all my travels. However, I will start with the positives. The facility is nice, good location, and the restaurant (legal seafoods) in the hotel was excellent.
While the staff is friendly, they are terribly incompetent. I had a fed-ex package that needed to overnight to an event the following day. I filled out the paperwork and the staff assured me it would go out. This was about 1 pm. An hour later at 2 pm i saw the package still at the front desk and i spoke with someone and they reassured me it was going out and i stressed the importance. I even followed up one more time at 3:00 pm and was given the same smile and assurance. The next day i wake up and it is still sitting on the front desk . Now i have to same day courier package for $400 more then the fed-ex would cost. I learned then that they were completely unreliable. Even after i double checked they all smiled and made assumptions without having the courtesy to double check. Even more disturbing is that there is no accountablity from the hotel.
In addition, i ordered room service (BBQ chicken w/ cheddar cheese), diet coke, and fries. I received a plain piece of chicken on a bun, regular coke, and no ketchup or any condiments for the fries.
I received a wakeup call at 6:00 am one morning when i never even asked for a wakeup call my entire trip.
I had housekeeping knock on my door even when the "Do not disturb" sign was clearly on the door.
Never in my life have i ever experienced a hotel and staff so unorganized in all my travels. Highly NOT recommended for business travelers.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Don't waste your money. The only thing good about this hotel is the close proximity to the Georgia Aquarium. The a/c units are so loud, its hard to sleep. The only drinks and snacks are on the first floor in their "convenient" store, not very convenient. We were there with a child, and there were no video games in the room like they said. The arcade is three games and an air hockey table, so I would not say this is a kid friendly hotel at all. The employees outside parking cars were panhandling, and it costs $18 a day to park there, so make sure you factor that into the costs of your stay. Local calls are $1 each, so don't make too many. The desk employees were pretty nice, but there was no concierge available and we were trying to find a restaurant where kids would be welcome, and they couldn't help. It was like they don't even live in the area. We found one on our own walking around. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, ever. The rooms are very small, not what I'd expect from a Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family