“Very good to stay for traveling around”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #44 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
“Very good to stay for traveling around”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My family had a plan to travel around the hotel (Olympic Park, CNN, Coca-Cola Factory and Aquarium. We chose here because we can just walk to those places. The experience in the hotel is great. My mum likes here very much. The staff is very nice and answered all my questions friendly. The fitness room is cool. We enjoyed our breakfast a lot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of our hotel! I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to seeing you again when Atlanta is on your itenerary.

Warm Regards,

Harman Hall, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Right across the street from the Aquarium. The hotel staff is friendly but they don't go out of their way to be. If you need them they are helpful, but if not they really don't acknowledge you. Bed...I do not like these "sleep number" type beds but it was fine. Room noise a bit loud but over all it was fine. No real complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is our foremost tool to improve as a property and as a brand. Allow me to express my regrets that you did not feel the sincerity of warmth during your interactions with our staff. This was especially shocking to us as all, as my team works very hard to make sure that our guests feel welcomed. We'd love to talk with you offline to hear about what we could have done better; your satisfaction is very important to you. I can be reached at 404-704-8042. Please feel free to call at your leisure.

Thanks again for staying with us, and I hope to chat with you soon.

Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I booked 2 nights for my family for an aquarium visit. First night was ok, we noticed even from the top floor you can hear every motorcycle and construction truck outside.

However, the 2nd night was terrible.

We put our kids to bed and about an hour later (approx 930) we heard loud music and bass literally vibrating vents and hangers.
A bit later, called the front desk and 30 minutes later the manager strolled his way up to check out the noise. At first he barely acknowledged me. He made no apology, no offer to accommodate us whatsoever. This was around 11pm. He did say it was a wedding reception and that they shouldn't have given us a room on this floor and that he would ask the dj to not put the speakers on the floor. After this i mentioned i couldn't move rooms since my kids were already asleep.
Another 45 minutes goes by, its almost midnight and my wife and I, not being able to sleep are at least enjoying playing, "whats that song" (electric slide, cottoneyed hoe,missyE twerk it etc) to easy at this volume.
I called the front desk again and the employee said the room would be comp'ep, but they couldnt do anything about the noise.

How much is your sleep worth to you? Moms, how much money would it take to force you to stay awake until 2am when you know your kids will be up at 630?
I am paying good money for a place to sleep, I not only did NOT get it, i was forced to stay awake. IMO even a full refund would not have been enough.

Turns out they only gave a partial refund of the 2nd day. My rate included parking and food and they prorated just what they thought the room portion was for just one night. I can tell you if i had know I was not going to be sleeping at this hotel i wouldn't have stayed there, wouldn't have had to pay for parking or breakfast anyway.

Lack of sleep, careless room placement by front desk, un-apologetic managers, cheap-skate refunds, unacceptable customer service... all left a bad taste in my mouth. Come on hilton!

P.S, i have several videos of the noise to back it up.

Room Tip: AVOID THE "PH" penthouse floor, there is a nightclub/party room above you. You will not sl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Kenneth d
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to share your feedback. I must say that I am extremely dissappointed that we did not provide you with an experience consistent with the quality for which our brand is known. As a parent of two very small children, I can relate to how important it is to get a good night's sleep - especially when traveling.

Please know that your comments will be used to facilitate training. Your satisfaction is paramount to everything; my goal is to make sure that no issue goes unresolved. Please give me a call on my direct line as I'd like to discuss how we might make up for such an unfortunate experience. I can be reached at 404-704-8042. You have my deepest apologies.

In Service,

belgium
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Hilton Garden. It is close to the touristic heart of Atlanta just across the street of the Georgia Aquarium and the parc.
The rooms are very well equipped with a refrigerator, coffee machine and a microwave just like a small kitchenette beautifully integrated in the room .
For me the mattress was uncomfortable it felt like it was used to many times, just a minor detail after all they call me ‘The Princess and the Pea’ 
Although it was chilly and cloudy the external heated pool and hot tub on the roof are a wonderful place to relax after a hard day of work.
Around the hotel are some restaurants and many more on Peachtreet. This is about 15 minutes walk it is on same street as the nearest subway.

On our last morning we took breakfast in the hotel. They have a large variety from waffles, to pancakes, customized eggs etc which looks yummie unfortunately the rude waiter and the dirty surroundings took our appetite a bit away.

For a short visit to the Atlanta activities this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adnila
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I'm sure they will find your feedback helpful in making arrangements to stay with us in the coming weeks. Should your future travel plans include Atlanta, we sincerely hope you'll choose us again. Thanks again for staying with us; we appreciate it!
Wichita, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Very nice, well kept hotel. Awesome staff, very friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Very close to major Atlanta attractions such as the Georgia Aquarium, Coca-Cola, CNN, Phillips Arena and Georgia Dome.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Jeff D
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for allowing us the pleasure of serving you. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your interaction with the staff as much as you enjoyed the convenience of our location. We hope to see you again soon!

Safe Travels,

Morton, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a tradeshow at the World Congress Center. The location was very convenient to the convention center and the staff went above and beyond to make sure our needs were taken care of.

The hotel was very clean and the convenience of having Legal Seafoods attached made dinner and pre/post social hour very convenient.

A special thank you to Meezan Sayeed in guest services who exceeded expectations in customer service, seeing to our VIPs and accommodating our various requests while onsite.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

You have my deepest thanks for taking time to review our hotel and recognize one of our most loved team members, Meezan. Our team works very hard to make sure that our guests feel welcomed and Meezan is often at the forefront of that effort. I'll pass along your sentiments to him and the rest of the team.

Best Wishes,

new york
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

As others have stated, just a block away from World of Coca-Cola and Georgia Aquarium. CNN was a couple of blocks away. Centenial Park is also a block away, which may be a good or bad thing. If there are events at the park at night, you can hear the music in your rooms. The weekend we were there it ended each night promptly at 11:00 pm. Zoo is about a 10-15 minute ride. This hotel is partnered with Zoo Atlanta and the Atlanta Checker Cab Company to offer free cab rides from this hotel to the Zoo (and from the Zoo back to your hotel).  We took advantage of that. Just call cab company and let them know. If you're going to visit all these sites, get the Atlanta City Pass.

We got a suite, since we need the extra room and early bed times for the kids. There are no suites here with two beds, only one king bed in a bedroom. Room was clean and a good size. Not sure if the sleep system bed was working. We tried the different numbers but didn't feel a difference. Bed was comfortable either way. Bathrooms are big. Big soak tub with a shower. They could use more towel racks. Two hooks behind the door was all they had. We just took the wood hangers from the closet and hung them on the shower rod. Nice to have a mini fridge in the room to keep our drinks cold.
Indoor and outdoor pool is on the 7th floor. If you look left from the outdoor pool, you have a great view of World of Coca-Cola. Our suite on the 7th floor faced the outdoor pool, but there weren't many people in the pool to disturb us. However, the pool is open late into the night. Not sure if this will be a problem when the weather gets warmer. What I didn't like was it was raining a couple of nights and people would smoke right by our window since it was closest to the door by the pool. We couldn't smell it, but definitely lacked privacy.
The indoor pool is small. 10 kids in there would be crowded. The outdoor pool was much larger! Nice to have both options. Gym had some equipment- I didn't use it so can't comment. It's right by the pool area.

We got there early, before check in and they happily held our luggage. Also gave us a later check out since our flight was after lunch. Though we did have to go back to the lobby two times because our key cards didn't work after check out time.
We ate a filling breakfast everyday. Waited on a short line only on Saturday. Every other day we were there (4 nights) there was no wait. They have an omelette station, fresh prepared pancakes and French toast. That's picked up by the omelette station. Fresh waffles you prepare yourself. A variety of fruits, yogurt, juices, cereal boxes, breads, bacon, sausages, potatoes. The staff there is extremely friendly.
We ate at Legal's one night. Food is was good, what I expected from Legal's, having been to the chain restaurant before. Convenient that you don't need to leave the hotel to get to it on a rainy day.
Around the corner is a Johnny Rockets, and behind the hotel there is a pretty good brick oven pizza sit down restaurant. Across the street from the lobby is a souvenir store that also sells snacks- we bought water there (cheaper then hotel) and ice cream bars.
The front desk people were friendly, greeted us each time we left and came back if they weren't helping somebody else. However, when we checked in and found out our room was by the pool I asked if we could change our room. Her response was for us to check the room out first and then come back if we wanted to change. You would think she would just change it at our request. After a long day, once we got to the room, my kids wanted to use the bathroom and settle in. Not take the elevator back down stairs.
A little after 5:00 they have cookies and lemonade in the lobby- which my kids always looked forward to. Even if it wasn't fully set up yet- still sitting on the trolley, I asked the front desk, and they always happily set it up for me.
Overall, a pleasant experience.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank skimomNewYork
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to provide a detailed review of our property. I'm sure future guests will find your feedback helpful as they make arrangements to visit us. Should your future travel plans include Atlanta, we'd love to have you stay with us again.