“Great location !”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #34 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Love the location of this Garden Hilton Inn! Walking distance to Georgia Aquarium, world of Coca Cola, and multiple restaurants .
Breakfast was outstanding with omelet station, fresh fruit and other breakfast fare. I paid and my young children ate free. It definitely was worth me paying for breakfast instead of looking fir breakfast outside hotel.

Great service upon check in with placing our parties next to each other.
Asked for a crib upon check in and called again at 10:50 p.m. ....no crib ever came , so did not get a goods night sleep due to wiggling child. I asked at check out about the crib and was told they never run out of cribs and were not sure why I never received it.
This is disappointing as they were asked twice and hotel had empty cribs.

We always are given bottled water and snacks due to our Hilton Honors number but not at this location.
Valet parking is $28.00 and was staffed with pleasant , courteous and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Indoor pool is on Seventh floor , so choose a room a couple of floors away.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your experience. We rely heavily on the feedback of frequent travellers such as yourself. I'm happy to know that you had an enjoyable breakfast experience. We take great pride in the work done in the restaurant; we know how important it is to get the day off to a great start. My apologies for the challenges you had with getting a crib. Although I can't speak specifically to what happened based on the information you provided, I can say that proper follow up on our part would have prevented such an issue. Please forgive us for that. My Front Office team is sure to read your comments and make the needed adjustments to prevent future issues.

Should your future plans include a trip to our great city, we'd love to serve you again.

Best Wishes,

Harman Hall, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay with my co-workers and our families. Mazeeb (hoping I spelled his name correctly) handled our registration courteously and efficiently. He made sure that our rooms were next to each other. He also discussed the local attractions and restaurants. Later that night he and Gregory (the other attendant) studiously tried to help us locate a restaurant/bar for a late night cap.

This hotel is located in the
heart of downtown Atlanta. Just minutes from The Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola. The rooms are clean and spacious. My only knock against the hotel is that parking is pricy, but I think it's on par for the area. I really enjoyed my brief time there. Excited about returning for a longer stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us; we appreciate the time it takes to do so. Our team is proud to give our guests a warm greeting on arrival. We know how important the first impression is. Meezan is becoming a fan favorite and I'll be sure to pass your sentiments to him and the other team members.

We acknowledge your concern about parking rates; I'm happy to inform you that of the hotels located in this area, our pricing is one of the lowest. In addition, many hotels only have valet parking as an option. Our hotel it attached to a very large parking deck - allowing our guest a choice of self parking or valet.

We hope we have a second opportunity to serve you on your next trip to our wonderful city. Until then, we wish you safe travels!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel is only a fraction of the cost per night versus what you may be asked to pay at the another hotel. If youre looking to see the sights on a budget staying here is essential. I prefer to stay within the downtown area and simply walk everywhere for whatever reason e.g. sight seeing, meals, shopping etc...

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher levels to share in the views of the streets below...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. Many guests have echoed your sentiments about how conveniently located our hotel is to all of the best attractions. We're very happy to know that we lived up to your expectations from a value standpoint. We recognize that our guests work hard for their money and it's important that we deliver on our Promise to provide you with great accommodations and a war, friendly team of people to serve you. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlanta!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a great location in downtown right near many restaurants, the aquarium and coca cola factory. I was expecting there to be more of a bar area in the restaurant that would allow you to take drinks to your room. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly. I paid 28 for valet parking because I was confused where self parking was but even self parking would have only saved you 6 dollars. If I had to return back to atlanta I would probably try some of the other hotels close by to see how they compare.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JL512

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for allowing us the pleasure of serving you. We're glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm sorry you were a bit disappointed with the size of the bar. I admit, some adjustments are easier to make than others. In addition to the feedback already provided, I would love to talk with you offline to hear how we might have exceeded your expectations. I can be reached on my direct line 404-704-8042. Please feel free to call at your leisure. You have my sincere appreciation for your willingness to share your thoughts with us.

In Service,

Harman Hall, General Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2014

After staying the previous night in a very basic hotel, we were pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was! The front desk staff greet you warmly each time you come in, and go out of their way to help with everything, including dining suggestions that were top notch. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the common areas are upscale and well-kept. The outdoor pool and fitness area were very nice. The indoor pool is clean, but tiny. They also offer a laundry room, with supplies available at the front desk. Parking is a bit steep at $22/day for self-park, but it is downtown Atlanta after all. This property is walking distance to the aquarium, CNN, and the Coca-Cola museum. Overall, the outstanding, friendly service of all the staff we encountered put this hotel in the "Excellent" category for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the flattering review. It is our pleasure to provide you with a warm and friendly environment while you're away from home. We hope that your future travel plans include Atlanta. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel is very nice, clean and walking distance to a lot of great places downtown (Atlanta Aquarium, CNN Building, Olympic Park, Coca-Cola museum). Legal Seafoods has an entry door right in the lobby of the hotel, so I didn't even need to put on a jacket to go to dinner. I would definitely stay there again when returning to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Penthouse level facing the Aquarium was awesome.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that your experience at our hotel was enjoyable! The two attributes of our hotel that travellers enjoy most are the location and our staff. Should your future plans include a trip to Downtown Atlanta, we'd love to host you again.

In Service,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very nice hotel for families, as the proximity of attractions. Aquarium is just across the street. World of Coca Cola and Children's Musem are both within easy walking distance, as is the MARTA. I did note some noisy times due to families with small children, but none late at night. I also had trouble with the internet. Still, a very nice hotel and the staff were all wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of our hotel. We're happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels,