“Expensive”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #37 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The reception staff were great very helpful the rooms are of a poor standard the sheets didn't fit the bed had to get up in the middle of the night to put the bottom sheet back on the pool was unclean and the indoor pool and hot tub were cold the heating system was not working for the price we paid to stay here I'm sure we could of got better some place else would not stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We're disappointed that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. Recognizing that you have a choice in your accommodations, I would like to make it up to you. At the Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you're satisfied, or you don't pay. We guarantee it. Please give me a call on my direct line to discuss your visit, and how I can make things right for you. I can be reached at 404-704-8042.

In Service,

Harman Hall, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,710)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is a great place to stay in down town Atlanta. It is located near the aquarium, the world of coca cola, and other attractions. The hotel provides a delicious hot breakfast--a chef prepares waffles, pancakes, omelets, eggs, made to your specifications--along with a broad selection of breakfast choices of cereal, fruit, pastries, yogurt, toast, bagels, and so on. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel was very quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We appreciate you posting a review! One would think that I would get tired of our breakfast after eating here so frequently, but it's not possible! Our Food and Beverage team does a wonderful job and I consider it a perk to eat here daily!

We hope that you'll stay with us again on your next trip to Atlanta.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Check-in staff is really helpful here. They were unable to honor my Hilton Honors late check out because of folks coming in for some convention, but they let me know that at check-in and they didn't mind when I hung out in their business center for nearly three hours after check-out doing work. They also were kind enough to scan some signed contracts for me for free. While the staff was polite and the rooms were clean, I probably wouldn't stay there again for three reasons: 1) Downtown is deader than a doornail. Except for World of Coke, there is nothing to do. 2) There wasn't a bathtub in the room. It's not New York. It's Atlanta. There should be a tub--especially when there's a shower there large enough to fit a tub, one that obviously was put in to replace a tub later. If I had known there was no bathtub, I never would have stayed here. 3) The beds are HORRIBLE. They have those Sleep Number beds where one side is a different number than the other. Well, what that means is that there's a big hard liner down the middle stiff as the floor and the bed softens on either side sloping down, which means there's only one corner in the bed that's somewhat comfortable because the rest of the bed is either hard or sloping so low you'll roll off. Worst mattress I've slept on since summer camp.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. As a senior contributor, I'm sure you've spent hundreds of nights in hotels. Your comments are useful to us as operators as well.

I regret not knowing about your preference for a room with a bathtub. Our property has several rooms with tubs! It seems we missed an opportunity to provide you with that based on us not asking. Perhaps more concerning is the fact that you were displeased with our bed. I know how important getting a good night's rest is and I'm sorry that your bed was uncomfortable. I'm happy to have the engineering team check it's functionality, as the Garden Sleep System beds usually sleep well.

Thank you again for your survey. Given the opportunity to serve you in the future, we'll work to make your accommodations flawless.

Harman H, GM

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay - great fitness and pool area with outdoor lap pool on seventh floor. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Room accommodations where amazing. They have individual Keurig coffee machines in each room - I picked up my favorite kind and truly enjoyed my morning coffee away from home. There are several restaurants within a block around the hotel which was so helpful as well. Only issue I had was one side of the bed was more worn. I used the other side and was fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I can't tell you how sorry I am about the maintenance issues you experienced in your room. I have alerted my chief engineer and his team to address the issues immediately. I'm grateful that you brought them to our attention.

I hope to have a second chance to serve you. Please feel free to call me personally on your next trip to Atlanta. I can be reached at 404-704-8042.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I are NOT Complainers... Room 820 had NO Towel Rack in Bathroom... Only mounts on wall where it SHOULD have been... Used hook on back of door... Sliding Door on Closet was NOT working properly... NOT in tracks... Used with Caution... Other than that, very nice experience... Convenient to many downtown items of interest (Aquarium, Coke, CNN, etc.) and restaurants...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I love this hotel. I travel often and stay many places, and this has been my favorite hotel stay. Great friendly staff, clean rooms. Quiet. Recommend to anyone. I have been going to Dragon Con for years and this one has beat out all the hotels including the host hotels for the Con. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We're honored that you've chosen our hotel. DragonCon is a great time for us as well! We enjoy meeting the conference-goers and taking photos with them in their great constumes. Those experiences make your job special and we're happy to know that you enjoy us as much as we enjoy you.

We'll see you next year! Travel Safely!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a family wedding in Atlanta. Lots of out of town guests. Most everyone stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. Very nice accommodations, Coffee in the lobby in the morning and warm cookies and lemonade late afternoon. We found a breakfast deli about 3 blocks away.
The Atlanta Aquarium and Coca Cola museum were just across the street and we could see Centennial Park from our hotel window. The Fitness room was very nice, not a lot of open space in the workout area, so I did yoga on the pool deck just outside the fitness area.

Room Tip: Get the name of whoever helps you with your reservation. That came handy for us. We requested one...