“Nice HGI”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #40 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this location for three nights and received an upgrade to a junior suite. I was alone but the extra space is always nice. There are many, many hotel options in this general area but this property was nicely located, modern, and clean, and overall a very good value. Service was friendly and accommodating. The convention center is just down the block and across the street. The aquarium is behind the hotel. There is a Legal Seafood connected to the property that provides a bar and restaurant that might otherwise be lacking compared to some of the larger chains around. The exercise facility was adequate and better than that in most HGI's. Breakfast is a buffet only ($12.95) with a cold buffet option for $8.95. To get a straight shot to and from the airport, the needed Marta train station is about 7 blocks away. Bed and pillows provided a restful nights sleep. I did not get my usual HH perks of my newspaper of choice and regular bottles of water, but that was not a major setback.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. It's always a pleasure to hear from senior contributors and loyal guests like you!

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive your Hilton Honors amenities at arrival. I'm happy to look deeper into this as there must have been an oversight on our part. My direct line is 404-704-8042. Feel free to give me a call at your leisure.

Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Atlanta!

In Service,

Harman H, GM

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Having Legal Seafood on the 2nd floor was a bonus as I got my lunch there and was able to get back to work quickly. The maid service was helpful when I had a special request. Paul at the front desk was super quick in checking me in.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just returned from a company convention and a stay at this hotel. Very convenient to the Congress Center, the Dome & Arena. Hotel was very clean & everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were very friendly and helpful. A special thanks to front desk member Jean Marie Day, who went above and beyond to ensure a great stay. We will be back.

1  Thank Lorie H
Reviewed June 20, 2013

First off the service at the front desk was very good, friendly welcoming staff...Arrived late, needing food, and they advertise 24 hour market place for sandwiches...well, what they don't tell you are at midnight the sandwiches are old, nasty looking, dried up sandwiches....when I ask for a fresh sandwich the guy (with attitude) said they didn't make them there...how hard is this?
The room was nice and very comfortable and bed very comfortable ....but when I checked out, I left my very special razor and shave cream...most hotels bag this stuff up and turn it in...not here, I came back the next day and I was told by security that housekeeping never turned it in...they took my number and said that they would check with housekeeping and call me back...never got a return call...So, Sorry Hilton , I could never recommend your hotel, because of service...I got a great rate for this room owns Priceline...but that doesn't make up for poor service.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We just checked out of the hotel, and we had a wonderful experience! We are usually Marriott Rewards travelers, but chose Hilton this time because of the location. t is literally across the street from the aquarium, as well as a mere stroll to the beautiful Centennial Park and other attractions. Kid friendly restaurants were next door, and if location means anything to you, this is where you want to be.
The staff could not have been nicer. From the moment the valet greeted us and parked our car, to the front desk where Jean Marie greeted us warmly, to every housekeeper...each person made us feel welcome. We got a great family deal which included some aquarium tickets, and 4 free breakfasts. Kids under 12 ate free, so we scored on a wonderful, way above average meal to start the day. Truly, we are very grateful we chose to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank siroglethorpe
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few days and it was a great pick! Across the street from Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Park and World of Coke. CNN is three blocks away and there were really good restaurants behind the hotel. Everything was in walking distance and Marta was just passed CNN. The room was very clean, I had a city view that as great and there are restaurants in the hotel if you wanted something quick. Everyone was very friendly and I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gwen C
Reviewed June 18, 2013

hotel in great location. park the car yourself for 20.00 a day and walk to aquarium, Coca-Cola, the park, dinner, drinks and more. pools outside and in were clean and large. exercise room nice. fridge and microwave set up handy. loved the kuerig coffee maker. adjoining rooms let through a lot of sound, so try to make it family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family