“Great location and excellent customer service!”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #47 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Great location and excellent customer service!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I normally stay at the Omni at the CNN Center when staying in downtown Atlanta for a concert at the Philips Arena, however, I had to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street when visiting on February 27th through March 2nd for a P!nk concert at the Philips Arena due to the Omni being sold out when I made the reservations. Although the Omni is my preference, I was pleasantly surprised by the Hilton Garden Inn's customer service. When I checked into the hotel I was greeted by a very friendly young man. He was very fast and efficient. The bellboy who helped us with our luggage to our room and when we were leaving was fantastic. He made sure we knew about every feature in our room and was very attentive to our needs. When we would go through the lobby of the hotel the staff would greet us and were very helpful with any questions we had. The location is very convenient to the Georgia Aquarium (it was right across the street in the view from our room) and the World of Coke. The CNN Center, Philips Arena, and Georgia World Congress Center are a short walk away (only a couple of blocks or during normal times [construction was going on right across the street where you could normally enter the Georgia World Congress Center so a walking detour was necessary since the sidewalks were closed] about a 5 minute walk. We ate at Legal Seafood during our stay, which is located in the hotel and it was fantastic as usual. There is also a Johnny Rockets around the corner which we ate at the second night. It was great also. My ten year old daughter loved the old fifties diner-like atmosphere. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet where again the service was wonderful. We stayed in a standard two queen room with a city view. The room was what you would expect size-wise and came equipped with a Keurig and complimentary K-Cups. The room and hotel were very clean. If the Omni is full the next time we come to town for a concert at Philips Arena I will definetely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again. I was extremely impressed by the level of service we received while staying.

Room Tip: Go ahead and fork over the extra money for a city view room. It is worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We are greatful for the wonderful comments you made about your experience. My hope is that the Omni will be sold out the next time you're Atlanta bound...we'd love to have you stay with us again!

I'll be sure to pass along your sentiments to the staff. I'm sure it will brigthen their day. Thank you again!

In Service,

Harman Hall, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Korean first
Cherokee, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. It is just as comfortable as the Hilton Inn and just as classy. Very nice and clean and quiet. Security was on-site and visible, very good for the downtown location. Overall a pretty nice place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Virginia C
USA
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it was near the Omni, where I attended a conference. The Omni is only a 5 minute walk away. Check-in was quick and my room was on the 12th floor overlooking the Aquarium, Centennial Park and the World of Coca-Cola. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. I loved that there was a small Keurig in the room and I made tea or coffee each morning. Housekeeping came each day and was great about replacing items in the bathroom and coffee station. There was also a small fridge and microwave in the room. I used the business office to print my boarding pass and had no issues doing so. It isn’t a large hotel but it has a homier feel for this very reason – I felt safe being alone here. Front desk staff was friendly and professional – always helpful. I enjoyed a meal at Rise Sushi and drinks at Peasant Bistro, both nearby. I also enjoyed a fantastic meal at Canoe, a bit further out from the city. Highly recommend that one! I would stay here again in a minute.

Niceville, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Rooms are fine, but overpriced. Because we were there for a specific event we had a 3 day minimum stay which was outrageous. We wish they had a free breakfast option for guests. Indiir and outdoor pools are a nice touch, but small.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 17, 2013

There were some good things - the hotel lobby was nice and clean - outside of that, I can't really write anything positive.
The location was too far out from the GA dome - a good hike that takes about 20 - 25 minutes. The rooms were extremely small with two double beds (no queen size). Bath rooms were tiny. Our room had a strong smell of BO - they did come and spray some "air freshener", but the smell was still there.
There is no free internet or continental breakfast - Internet was $12.50 per device, per day - they did have free internet in the lobby (or at least that's what the front desk said - I didn't verify this) - I didn't have a problem with paying to have internet access - but $12.50 per devise, per day - come on, that's just crazy....
In my opinion the room we had was overpriced for the size and quality and very disappointing for a Hilton.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone - not with the small room, small "double beds" and no reasonable internet opition.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris B
Greetings from Downtown Atlanta,

Upon reviewing your comments, we're under the impression that you may have stayed at a different hotel. There are a few details that aren't consistent with our property's offerings.

Our internet is free for all guests, no exceptions. Also, our hotel offers two bed type: Kings and Queens. Lastly, the GA Dome is just over a mile from the hotel and takes about 12-15 minutes to walk to. Based on your feedback, you may have stayed at the full service Hilton Towers.

If you discover that it was our property located at 275 Baker Street, please call me so that I can look into the charges you spoke of. I will happily remove any charges associated with our complimentary services. Feel free to call me at 404-577-2001. I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Harman Hall, GM
Upstate NY
Reviewed February 16, 2013

First the good aspects - Great location, close to the Coca Cola Museum, Aquarium, Olympic Park, CNN, and many restaurants. (But see my caution below). Conveniently, it has a Legal Seafood in the hotel (can't go wrong there). Genuinely friendly and helpful staff. Free cookies in the lobby. Plus it's nice to have a safe and refrigerator in my room.

However, the heater and refrigerator in my room were incredibly noisy. Luckily they didn't cycle on very often, but about 3 times per night I was awake listening to them. In addition, the counter card in the lobby boasted about the mattresses that can be adjusted to your preferred firmness. I tried dialing my mattress to different levels, but it never seemed to change beyond soft and cushiony. I was there for 2 nights and saw two different arrests within a block of the hotel - not sure if I was just "lucky" or if there's a crime problem in the neighborhood. But I definitely did not walk alone or go out for a run while there.

Would I stay there again? I might. It wasn't bad enough to keep me away, but I also might do a little research to see what else was available before booking here again.

Sorry Hilton - I'm usually a fan, but this one could use a little attention.

Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend during snowstorm in Boston!

Nice clean, spacious rooms and a very service minded staff. The breakfast was very nice.
Hotel across the street from the Aquarium and 1 min walk from the Coca Cola museum. 4 min walk to CNN tower.

Easy to recomend!