“Good place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #37 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel has a good location in Atlanta. Next to aquarium and Centennial Park. Several good restaurants are close to hotel. Front desk staff was very helpful in making tour and restaurant suggestions. Room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Nice views from room. Would definitely stay here again. Enhanced the enjoyability of our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors facing towards city. Good skyline views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for posting a review! We're glad that your experience was top notch. The local attractions are one of many reasons guests choose us. We're grateful for every opportunity we have to serve!

Thanks again!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently attended the Woman Thou Art Loosed Conference at the Phillips Arena. The Hilton Garden Inn was in an ideal location. It is less than a mile away from Phillips Arena and very close to other attractions such as the Aquarium, Coca Cola, GA Dome etc. All of the hotel staff that I interacted with were very friendly. I didn't find anyone who wasn't eager to assist us. The hotel lobby and public sitting areas seemed to be well kept and clean HOWEVER my room was a different story. Now although overall as far as the floors, desk, etc. it looked very clean. My issue was with our shower which had black mold growing on the shower head which made me question how well they actually clean the bathrooms. The worst part was my bed linens. The comforter had a top flat sheet over it, now I can't say for sure this was to hide what was on the comforter but the comforter WAS covered by a sheet. The comforter under the sheet had 3 stains which I am pretty certain were dried blood stains. This of course was very disturbing. Two of the stains were a little larger than quarter size and the third was about the size of a dime. All three stains were very close together and very noticeable at my first glance. Needless to say given the size of the stains, it is impossible for me to comprehend how this could go unnoticed when changing the bed linens. I called and informed of the problem with my bedding and was greeted with sincere concern and apologies. They agreed to immediately come and change my linens. Although this didn't take away my sick feeling at least they acted as if they too felt this was unacceptable. I had to leave for my conference, so I was not in the room when they changed the linens. They did not replace with a new clean comforter instead it was replaced with the extra blanket that had been in the closet when we arrived. That too was disturbing because if the comforter had noticeble blood stains on it, then for all I know the blanket could have been there for weeks and used by several and probably not cleaned for months. I didn't use the blanket and never did get a new comforter.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you encountered an issue with the cleanliness of your guest room; please accept my deepest apologies. Cleanliness is an area to which we devote much of our time and effort because we know how important it is to your experience. We fell short of our high standards and we certainly regret that it was at your expense. Please know that it is not the norm and we would love an opportunity to serve you again. Should your travels bring you to Atlanta, please feel free to call me personally regarding your future accommodations.

In Service,

Harman Hall, General Manager

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel was really great and the location was superb. The room was spotless with a clean comfy bed that was so inviting that it was hard some mornings to get out of it and enjoy the city. The elevators are super fast so staying on one of the top floors was not an issue at all during the early morning rush. The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating and down to earth. The location is unbeatable, right in the heart of the city and all it has to offer. Great view of downtown and even stone mountain in the far distance. I can't wait to stay at this property again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your kind words! As senior contributor, your feedback is insightful and helps less experienced travellers make informed decisions. Should your travels bring you back to Atlanta, we'd love to host you again!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Starting with the Parking valet .........everything was superb! We have stayed at alot of hotels from when my husband was in business and I have to say I have not one negative thing to say about this location. Everybody was friendly, helpful, the room was great. The Seafood restaraunt (Legal Seafood) connected to the Hotel was wonderful. Service was Top Notch. My husband has seafood allergies and once mentioned they went out of their way to make sure everything was safe for him to eat. Pricey, maybe, but you get what you pay for and the food was very very good. We are already talking about coming back. Thank you for starting our vacation off great!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting about your experience! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us; we forward to serving you the next time you return to Atlanta.

Warm Regards,

Harman

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown for a conference at the GWCC, very happy with the service, location, room, cleanliness, sleep quality. Only small detail to improve would be gym that is on the small side with only two treadmills.

The Aquarium is just around the corner and the GWCC two blocks away, walked there several times also at night, no problems.

Room large, clean, new, wifi complimentary. Front desk service very good, taxis always available. I did not try the pool but looked nice. Breakfast nothing special but at 11.95 good value.

Room rates reasonable, good value. All in all, a great place to stay for downtown Atlanta, can recommend it.

Room Tip: Pool view puts you on a high floor with views of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting a review of our property, as a seasoned traveller, your feedback is not only useful other travellers, but our team as well. We look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Atlanta!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel was great. we got there a little early and they let us check in early THE ROOM WITH The whirl pool was great. My husband loved it. We had a wonderful view of the city. It was quite and the breakfast was okay. The room was very clean. We are planning to go back in October for our anniversary.

Room Tip: The room on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harman H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for posting a a review about your experience; We are happy to hear that you liked your room and THRILLED that you're allowing us to serve you on your anniversary! If there is anything at all I can do to make your night extra special, please don't hesitate to call me 404-577-2001 ext. 1502.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Spent 4 nights at this property and everything was up to par. The location is great with everything in walking distance. 2 drawbacks I had was no housekeeping the first day I was thier but no biggie as I was alone. 2nd the Legal Seafood restaurant connected to the hotel did not do room charges. Otherwise the location and service were very good

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for giving us feedback about your stay. Not only is it helpful to other travellers, it also gives us an understanding of what's most important to our guests. Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping mishap. I'd like to know a bit more about the experience to give me some insight on how to avoid it going forward. I can be reached at 404-577-2001 ext. 1502. Call me at your leisure. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Atlanta. On behalf of my team, thank you for choosing us!