“Close to aquarium, Centennial Park, and World of Coke”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #44 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
West Lafayette IN
“Close to aquarium, Centennial Park, and World of Coke”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel was nice (though showing wear around the edges) and as close as you can get to the Aquarium, Centennial Park, and World of Coke. Our room was clean and quiet. The breakfast area was large and pleasant with very friendly staff and tasty food. The Fitness Center had several machines and lots of free weights. Most of the machines had personal TVs and the room overlooked the outdoor pool.

On the negative side, it took a very long time to check in because there was only one person working at the front desk. Also, only one of two computers worked in the business center and the printer wasn't printing because it needed a new toner cartridge. One man said he told the front desk about the printer and they said they would send someone right away, but no one ever came. The next morning the problem still wasn't fixed. When I mentioned this to the front desk, they printed my boarding passes for me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Oakville Ontario
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were leaving to return to Toronto but had one night to stay in Atlanta before our flight. We decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown as we had tickets for the Georgia Aquarium. The hotel was the perfect location as it was across the street from the Aquarium. We arrived early at the hotel but could not get early check in due to it being a busy Saturday. However the hotel staff were great and stored our bags so we could head to the Aquarium early. After a great day at the Aquarium we returned to check into the hotel and to find that we had been upgraded to a Pent House suite. I would recommend this hotel for location but most of all I would recommend the hotel for the staff. All staff we encountered were great, from the valet parking, check in, front desk staff, staff the next day at breakfast, they were all true to the value that is Southern Hospitality. One mention should be made to one of the front desk staff, William Christopher, he was wonderful to deal with and nothing was to much effort for him and always with a smile and a kind word. This employee is a credit to the Hilton brand. Any time I stay in Atlanta Hilton Garden Inn Downtown will be my first choice.

Room Tip: We had the Pent House suite and what a great room with a great view of the city
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is beautiful and modern but the front desk staff is far from friendly or welcoming.

Took me over an hour to check-in. My presence to them seemed unwanted. Then my bathroom had 9 hairs everywhere
Location is perfect! Pool/gym are excellent though pool was dirty.

I wouldn’t stay again as I felt like an intruder to the staff.

Room Tip: High floor for better view of city!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Swimfan93
Searcy, AR
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family of four stayed here so we could visit the Atlanta Aquarium. This hotel was in the perfect location right across the street. We were able to self-park (though there is valet parking too) in the hotel's adjacent parking garage even after check-out time so we could stay at the aquarium into the afternoon hours. The friendly woman at the front desk gave us some "tips" for visiting the aquarium as well. The hotel itself was very clean, and we felt safe in the location. We had a "city view" room, which delighted both our teenage son and very young daughter at night but kept my husband and awake for a while with the lights, as we live in a rural area and are used to dark skies at night. (Oh, well--the kids enjoyed it.) A lovely hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AmyQS
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 26, 2012

You can't beat the location of this hotel. My wife and I stayed with my parents and two small children and had a wonderful visit. Nice, clean rooms and a great outdoor pool. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the restaurant staff were extremely courteous - definitely a well run restaurant. No question I would stay here again in the future.

1 Thank PatLah
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I just checked out of the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Atlanta and am actually in the hotel lobby writing this review as I wait for my transportation to the airport. My experience was so wonderful, I couldn't wait to post a positive review. For starters, the location is excellent in my opinion, across the street from the Atlanta Aquarium and Centennial Park. The amenties are all you need for business or pleasure including an empty mini-fridge, microwave, safe and coffee maker. My stay was only overnight, so I didn't have a chance to check out all the amenities, but I did see the workout room and indoor and outdoor pool which all looked clean and inviting. But what really impressed me was the exceptional customer service I received from each and every member of the staff starting with the front desk to the maintenance person who came to my room to replace the TV remote. Turned out he was from my hometown and we had a nice chat. My only complaint, and it's a minor design flaw that I've noticed in other hotel chains, is the shower. There wasn't a ledge to keep my bath items which is also helpful to shave my legs (women, you'll get this one!). Again, something minor, but noticeably missing for me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank monalisa_1022
Lakemont, Georgia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

across the street from the aquarium, great views, an awesome breakfast buffet, let us leave our car in the parking lot while we went to the aquarium, and some of the nicest people we've ever met!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the aquarium and downtown?
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family