“Walk to Everything”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #38 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Perfect location for visiting the GA Aquarium, World of Coca Cola and CNN. The staff were very nice. Legal Seafood is located in the hotel and it's very good. Also, the hotel is right across the street from 'restaurant row' - German, Japanese, Italian and a Sports bar. So you didn't have to go far for anything.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear RWethereyet66,
thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed the location being in the middle of the Luckie Marietta District. We are looking forward to serving you and your family again in the future. Tell the kids we have more cool toys waiting for them :o)

Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We specifically wanted to visit the aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola, so the location of the hotel is perfect since it's within walking distance (10 min) to both. The room is decent and the free internet is a nice touch. The only drawback is the blinds in the room don't close fully so it's really bright in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
BabettHirzel, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

DearStardream,
thank you for staying with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Atlanta and the Aquarium. We hope to see you back soon at HGI.
Thank you so much for your feedback.Please accept my apology for the black out curtain. I have sent you a seperate message to find out what room you have stayed in, so we can assure we get it fixed for the next customer.
Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are looking forward to serving you again.

Director of Hotel operations

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Situated withing close walking distance (15 mins) to tourist attractions, Aquarium, CNN etc.... Staff friendly and an inviting and comfortable reception area. Rooms had a special smell, not sure from where, but could have been the A/C units. We changed rooms 3 times, trying to find one without that particular odour, however they all had it to different degrees. As it was early evening we decided to stay. Nice being able to have a drink by the pool but the staff closed early through lack of customers (only 2 couples). The room was clean and the bed ok, but could have been more comfortable. Fridge in room, which was nice for water. The A/C unit was noisy so the quality of sleep was not so good. For the quality of the room, I found the hotel expensive (over 200$). I would try another hotel when next in Downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear chrisfrombelgium,
thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very important to us.
Please accept my sincere apology for any convenience you had.
I have sent you a seperate message to get some more information about your room location to be able to investigate the smell. Thank you so much for staying with us.
Director of hotel Operations

Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed at the hotel over Labor Day weekend. The hotel was situated between the Ga Aquarium and The Dome and next to Centennial Park.
We had a wonderful time. The hotel itself was very nice, very clean and up to date. The staff at the hotel is what really makes this such a wonderful place to stay. From the valets to the check-in staff to the housekeeper to the servers at the Breakfast Grill........were just wonderful! Very friendly and attentive. They all were very personable and actually remembered our names and in a hotel full of guests... I thought was amazing in itself!
The breakfast that was available every morning was without a doubt the BEST I have ever had while traveling. Every type of breakfast food was available....from cold cereal to fresh made AWESOME omelettes! The pools, both indoor and outdoor, were clean and the Jacuzzi was great! I have raved about our visit to my friends and co-workers and I do plan to stay there again when I'm back in Atlanta!

Room Tip: STAY HERE! That's all you need to know!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SavhCaro

Dear SavhCaro,
it was such a pleasure having you with us. I had met you at the pool party that weekend. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us.Your recognition means the world to the team and I have shared it at our heart of the garden team huddle.We hope to see you soon back @ the HGI in Atlanta.
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights in July. The hotel was beautifully decorated and in my opinion very clean. The rooms were very well appointed seeming like they had been renovated recently. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Our room had an armoire with coffee pot and the like, refrigerator, (nice to keep Coke & water cold, or leftovers). We were on the 9th floor and had an awesome view of the Georgia Aquarium and the Coca-Cola Museum, both literally located across the street. Baker Street itself tends to be a quiet street, but difficult to find on mapping software for some reason. In any case, the pool is located on the 7th floor and is nice along with a very well equipped fitness room. There is also a breakfast restaurant with a buffet on the 2nd or 3rd floor, which is nice but very pricey for those who are a bit more budget minded. But can get you in and out quickly if you use the buffet.
There is also a "Legal" seafood restaurant on the 1st and 2nd floor which is also very expensive (we're from Florida where seafood is cheaper). But given you are in a big city, Atlanta can be pricey just like any other big city. The CNN Center is located within a 15 minute walk and there is a very large food court there with almost anything you can think of. Finding a common table around lunchtime can be very frustrating as it seems like all the workers in the building and tourists alike are having lunch at the same time. I would highly recommend the CNN VIP Tour that includes a backstage tour with you sitting in with them during a live broadcast. We took the later tour around 5 pm and it seemed like a lot of the main building was not as crowded which was a relief. Also, the tour itself was smaller and more intimate. You can purchase tickets ahead of time in the lobby near the food court.
Don't waste your time on going to Underground Atlanta ! I found it to be seedy and it was all kiosk vendors selling crap. I didn't feel quite as safe as I wanted, even during the mid afternoon. We did not have a car and found that it is expensive and difficult to park downtown. We found ourselves taking the subway to the Midtown area for happy hour and for dinner quite a few times. One place we really liked for locals was Gilbert's Mediterranean Cafe near the corner of Piedmont and 10th. Only a couple of blocks from the Margaret Mitchell house. There was a great mix of younger, hip couples, straight and gay. Karaoke night at Gilbert's was a blast, and the food was spectacular. My husband said it was the best fettucini he's ever had in his life. The front desk staff at the hotel were absolutely the finest in customer service and helpfulness. This is one hotel I would definitely love to stay at again ! (PS: It's awefully hot & humid in July !)

Room Tip: Rooms on Baker Street offer the best view in my opinion, but there probably isn't a bad room in...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SRQ-Travelor
Reviewed September 19, 2011

In Atlanta for a 5 day conference. Hotel was within walking distance to attractions, restaurants and GWCC. Easy access to Marta trains & buses. Excellent front desk, housekeeping and security staff. As a smoker, I felt very safe in the convenient areas available to me.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights late August with my husband and 18 year old son. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. As previously mentioned a fantastic location. We enjoyed visisting CNN and World of Coke. The out door pool was excellent with plenty of lounge chairs. My son enjoyed using the excersise room. We ate in the restaurant on site good seafood if a little bit on the expensive side. We did have a fab meal (sorry forgot the name) at a restaurant a couple of blocks away that specialise in bison steak this was excellent. We also thoroughly enjoyed Jonny Rockets - great burgers.

Room Tip: Higher for better night views.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family