1,081 results
All reviews wxyz bar front desk children's museum sliding door centennial park georgia aquarium world of coca cola walking distance two blocks enjoyed my stay self park mini fridge beds were comfortable business trip convention center cnn center valet parking
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Aloft has great hotels but this one has a terrible staff. I would never stay here again. A food deliver truck parked under our window at 5:00 am with both diesel engines running full blast. The truck was outside our window for 45 minutes. We tried to call the front desk to see what was happening and found out the night clerk was asleep. General manager was not much help. We will never stay here again.

Room tip: Stay away from here
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrew B
General M, General Manager at Aloft Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Aloft Atlanta Downtown.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the food truck situation as I have already addressed the matter with US foods to ensure ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

First thing was we had to pay $25/day to park in the hotels parking lot...then walk around the hotel with no side walks, to get in.. no comp breakfast it was $12 Each ... food was mediocre at best. Room had weird frosted glass window between shower and main room so everyone gets shadow puppet show while you shower.. tiny fridge no microwave. Modern deco needed a bit of repair and detail cleaning.. staff was
friendly tho.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ieatgts

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the parking charges but I'm happy to report The Aloft remains one of the best values in the Downtown Atlanta market. As to the other remarks, We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

Very secure building with key access elevators and entrances. The parking lot was secured and monitored. Room was good but could have used another run with the vacuum. mini fridge in every room and coffee maker but only decaf coffee and coffee was left in it from the previous occupants. the staff was friendly and helpful. breakfast was good. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay would use Aloft again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2017

I called starwood in Jan 2017 using the 1-800 number and prepaid for a two night stay for April 12th and 13th. When I checked out on April 14th, the hotel customer service agent informed me they only received payment for one night, and as such, I was charged again for the second night. I advised the agent that I paid and she said they had no proof and that I need to take it up with a manager.

When I returned from vacation, I called the hotel and spoke with Antwan and he reiterated only one night was taken as a deposit. I then sent him several emails that were sent from Aloft Atlanta confirming I paid for two nights. Antwan reviewed the confirmation email and stated that wasn't possible because they only take a deposit the day I arrive. He then asked me to send him my credit card statement as proof that I paid so I highlighted the charges and forwarded them in an email. Antwan was still not satisfied and asked that I send him my monthly statement which I clearly refused. He was clearly not concerned about identity fraud!!

I then called Starwood at the 1-800 number and the agent there did not offer any assistance. So I then wrote back and communicated with manger David without any success.

After sending several emails and countless time trying to resolve the issue, I disputed the charge with my bank.

As such, I would NEVER stay at the Aloft Atlanta hotel again because of the poor customer service I received, and the antiquated computer system they use that overcharges customers. Furthermore, this will also be the last time our family ever stays at a STARWOOD property again!!!!

Be aware, prepaying for a room through Starwood does not guarantee the hotel will receive your money and you may be overcharged.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank yyzbabycakes
General M, General Manager at Aloft Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the billing issues. We have shared your feedback with the front desk and finance team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

cesar serna

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Great location to centennial park. Rooms were updated and clean. Beds were very comfortable and staff were friendly and accommodating. Would stay there again for sure and would highly
Recommend to anyone