WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Twelve Centennial Park

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #86 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
tupelo, ms
“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very nice hotel, big rooms, clean and a helpful polite staff. You do have to use the valet service for this hotel (it is your only option for parking) which is 26 bucks a night so you can add that to your nightly room rate, but it is worth it. The valet attendants are very friendly and quick. You just give them a quick ring from your room and the car is there by the time you get down stairs. The Rooms are very nice and very spacious with a full kitchen, living room area with couch and tv, and a separate bedroom. There is plenty of storage for clothes if you are intending to stay for a bit. Also a nice floor mirror for checking out how you look before a night on the town. The bathrooms are large and have a nice big tub for soaking and a separate shower as well. The vanity area is very large as well and includes a lighted makeup mirror, which my wife was very happy about. The location is right in downtown ATL within walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coke. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The first night we had a problem with our tv and the gentleman at the desk (I believe his name was TJ) was up to our room on the 11th floor in less than 5 minutes to get it working for us. The next day I asked the lady at the desk if there was a grocery store near by and she printed out walking directions and directed me to how to get there. Check in and Check out were both quick and efficient.

Bottom line is that this hotel is ran very well. The management and staff are on top of things and it shows. You can even see that here on tripadvisor in that the management takes the time to respond to reviews , good and bad. Will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jaswan79
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear jaswan79,

Thank you for posting a great review about your recent stay at TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park. I am pleased to read that you found our rooms to be nice and spacious and the service friendly. That is one of our most important goals. The location is indeed great for all of the downtown attractions and also we are only steps from a MARTA station, which makes it easy to get around town. I will be sure to recognize TJ for responding quickly to your request. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

John Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very efficient check-in process. Staff were awesome in their greeting, handling of check-in and recommendations for dinner. Staying with conference so price was negotiated and let me tell you -- I wish I'd brought my family -- since there's room for 4-5 in my suite.

Lobby bar very accomodating and again, staff provided outstanding recommendations for tourist activities and restaurants.

Would I come back? Heck ya.......within walking distance of CNN, Aquarium and Coca Cola.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeanie T
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear JeanieT,

Thank you for posting the great review on TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I love the Awesome comment about our team members. Our suites are very spacious so perhaps we can convince you to make a return trip with your family next time.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was one of those times even though I have stayed in dozens of hotels in Atlanta rotating between the same few, however this time I brought my wife two girls and my little boy and decided to splurge and treat them to something a bit more comfortable. I have to honestly say with my modest salary I have no business spending about $300 a night for this suite. Price aside my family thoroughly enjoyed the suite. I had three rooms with my girls having their own double bed room with a monster size bathroom suite, my boy stayed in the nicedly sized living room with his travel crib, and my wife and I enjoyed our moderately sized master room with a nicely sized bathroom.

We had to pay if I remember something like $20 a day for valet parking, but only if they brought you your car. I never used my car the whole time I stayed so we walked to the Georgia Aquarium, we walked to CNN and Coca Cola building and I took the train to see a Yankee vs the Braves game. Best time I ever had, maybe cause Cano and the Yanks took the series. Now my wife found some problem with the suite curtains. Clearly the screws were re-anchored into the walls but that didn't seem to work and some previous maintenance guy just layed the curtain rod on top of the some vertical blinds structure. My wife and I not knowing this opened the glass door to go out on the patio only to have the entire structure come tumbling down. We gave two calls to the front desk to have this fixed, however after one technician tried to "bandaid" fix the problem we gave up. Because of this I can not give this hotel a perfect score. Will it stop me from returning.... absolutely not. Could the price keep me away... certainly.

Room Tip: Check the room first for structural damage. I think I was just unlikely when they gave me a room wh...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jake123Snake
Dear Jake123Snake,

Thank you for posting a review about TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the convenince of our location. The hotel is conveniently located for all of the downtown attractions. I am dissapointed to read about the issue with the curtians. I will have this checked to ensure that it has been taken care of. Please email me when you are staying with us next.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Literally this place was the size of a one bedrom condo/efficiency. I love the size the location and the service was astonishing. Each contact person including the desk receptionist, the resturaunt employees and the bartender were a delight to be around. I was here on a work trip and everyone seemed to be of assistance right when I needed them. I would only stay here when I go back to Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank KanishaR
Dear KanishaR,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our spacious suites during your recent visit. I appreciate the great comments about the way the team interacted with you. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel when I was searching for something near to a local convention and was lucky enough to get a suite. Although the cost had been more than I was considering paying, scarcity of rooms at the time compelled me to hook this as it was luckily within a few blocks of the convention venue.
I admit to bring pleasantly surprised when not only were they able to accommodate my request for a west facing room but the room itself was spacious and modern with a full kitchen, large bath (separate to the shower) and great storage.
The only downsides were that housekeeping kept taking away the bath mat and only replacing it with a hand towel nd that the pc in the room had issues connecting with the room service menu.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Melissa M,

I am glad to read that we were able to pleasantly surprise you when you visited TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park recently. We like to think of our rooms as a home away from home for our guests. Our suites are well equipped and at just over 700sq ft they allow guests to spread out and make themselves comfortable. I will share your comments on the towels and the in-room computer with our houesekeeping manager and our technician. If your travels bring you back to Atlanta I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to TWELVE.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed for a 4 day business trip. 1 block walk to civic center Marta station. Easy walk to Peachtree St restaurants. Easy in and out valet parking. Valet is expensive, though. Very well designed and modern hotel. Staff was ultra professional and friendly. Tons of space in the rooms with separate living and sleeping areas. My unit had a full kitchen as well as a desktop computer. Very nice and will look to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear JDB112,

Thank you for posting a great review and I am delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us. I appreciate the comments about the service that you received from the team and will share your comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Atlanta.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband, myself and our 2.5 year old daughter stayed here for 1 night over Father’s Day weekend. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were immediately met by the valet. Valet parking is the only option and cost $24 per night.

The receptionist at the hotel was very friendly. We were checked in quickly and then given directive as to where to find our room. We found our room easily and were surprised at how large the room was when we entered. When walking into the room, we entered the kitchen. There was a full kitchen with full-sized appliances. We had a few dishes for use and there was a message that indicated complimentary pots and pans were available by contacting the front desk. Within the same room as the kitchen is the living space, which includes a flat screen TV, desk, computer and sitting area. The computer offered free internet as well as other hotel services, such as requesting your car be available from the valet. Off of the living room was a balcony that had a nice view.

There was then a door that led into the bedroom which included a king sized bed and nice sized room and bathroom. We had a large stand up shower.

We were located on the 7th floor, which was also the pool deck level, there was a bar serving beer and daiquiris during the happy hour time and there were nice views from this area. Also on this floor, was the workout center which was quite nice for a hotel gym.

On the same street and block as the hotel is a Mellow Mushroom Restaurant and Bar.

There is a grocery store that is roughly a half a mile to a mile (15 minute walk) and Centennial Park is a few blocks away as well (roughly .7 miles). The streets surrounding the hotel were safe.

Check out is at noon and our daughter fell asleep just before that. We called the front desk to see if we could do a late checkout but the hotel was fully booked. The front desk worked with me, free of charge, and I was able to check out 30 minutes late even though the hotel was booked. This was much appreciated!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank clairepchandler
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear clairepchandler,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to read that you, your husand and your daughter enjoyed your visit to Atlanta. Our suites are ideal for families with the extra space and full kitchens. We are making step stools available for out little guests so if you are returning be sure to ask for one at check in. They really help when it comes to brushing teeth. We look forward to welcoming you back aon a future visit.

John