“More than I expected”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #94 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Booked this hotel when I was searching for something near to a local convention and was lucky enough to get a suite. Although the cost had been more than I was considering paying, scarcity of rooms at the time compelled me to hook this as it was luckily within a few blocks of the convention venue.
I admit to bring pleasantly surprised when not only were they able to accommodate my request for a west facing room but the room itself was spacious and modern with a full kitchen, large bath (separate to the shower) and great storage.
The only downsides were that housekeeping kept taking away the bath mat and only replacing it with a hand towel nd that the pc in the room had issues connecting with the room service menu.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Melissa M,

I am glad to read that we were able to pleasantly surprise you when you visited TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park recently. We like to think of our rooms as a home away from home for our guests. Our suites are well equipped and at just over 700sq ft they allow guests to spread out and make themselves comfortable. I will share your comments on the towels and the in-room computer with our houesekeeping manager and our technician. If your travels bring you back to Atlanta I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to TWELVE.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed for a 4 day business trip. 1 block walk to civic center Marta station. Easy walk to Peachtree St restaurants. Easy in and out valet parking. Valet is expensive, though. Very well designed and modern hotel. Staff was ultra professional and friendly. Tons of space in the rooms with separate living and sleeping areas. My unit had a full kitchen as well as a desktop computer. Very nice and will look to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear JDB112,

Thank you for posting a great review and I am delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us. I appreciate the comments about the service that you received from the team and will share your comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband, myself and our 2.5 year old daughter stayed here for 1 night over Father’s Day weekend. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were immediately met by the valet. Valet parking is the only option and cost $24 per night.

The receptionist at the hotel was very friendly. We were checked in quickly and then given directive as to where to find our room. We found our room easily and were surprised at how large the room was when we entered. When walking into the room, we entered the kitchen. There was a full kitchen with full-sized appliances. We had a few dishes for use and there was a message that indicated complimentary pots and pans were available by contacting the front desk. Within the same room as the kitchen is the living space, which includes a flat screen TV, desk, computer and sitting area. The computer offered free internet as well as other hotel services, such as requesting your car be available from the valet. Off of the living room was a balcony that had a nice view.

There was then a door that led into the bedroom which included a king sized bed and nice sized room and bathroom. We had a large stand up shower.

We were located on the 7th floor, which was also the pool deck level, there was a bar serving beer and daiquiris during the happy hour time and there were nice views from this area. Also on this floor, was the workout center which was quite nice for a hotel gym.

On the same street and block as the hotel is a Mellow Mushroom Restaurant and Bar.

There is a grocery store that is roughly a half a mile to a mile (15 minute walk) and Centennial Park is a few blocks away as well (roughly .7 miles). The streets surrounding the hotel were safe.

Check out is at noon and our daughter fell asleep just before that. We called the front desk to see if we could do a late checkout but the hotel was fully booked. The front desk worked with me, free of charge, and I was able to check out 30 minutes late even though the hotel was booked. This was much appreciated!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank clairepchandler
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear clairepchandler,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to read that you, your husand and your daughter enjoyed your visit to Atlanta. Our suites are ideal for families with the extra space and full kitchens. We are making step stools available for out little guests so if you are returning be sure to ask for one at check in. They really help when it comes to brushing teeth. We look forward to welcoming you back aon a future visit.

John

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel was very modern but very relaxing and the service was outstanding! The rooms are very spacious, come with a full kitchen and I think all have balconies which for me is a big pro. The bathroom features a nice big walk in shower and everything is top quality. The rooms at TWELVE Centennial park are probably the most tech advanced I have stayed in. They have nice big flat screen TV's in both the living room and bedroom and a desk top computer for your immediate use in every room.
The staff was extremely friendly and the breakfast I had was wonderful and very reasonable in price. I hear there dinner menu is outstanding but I cannot comment as I visited this hotels partner property the TWELVE Atlantic Station for dinner and had a really great meal there!
Looking for a place right down town? This is it....

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and you will have sweeping views of Atlanta and the Sun Set!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Oliver J,

Thank you for sharing your great experience of TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park on tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the product and service. we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Twelve Centennial Park. This was our first time staying here.

Pros:
Rooms were spacious (1 King Deluxe with sleeper sofa)
Rooms were well appointed
Nice bathroom (tub with separate shower and dual vanity)
Full kitchen (frig had ice maker and water)
Computer terminal in the room (can surf web or request hotel services)
Nice balcony
Huge swimming pool and nice fitness center
Friendly staff

Cons:
No self parking (valet was $26 per night)
Lots of road noise at night
Most restaurants are several blocks away (Jimmy Johns and Mellow Mushroom are right around the corner)

Got a nice rate and enjoyed our stay. Location not the best, but hotel was very nice. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room that doesn't face the interstate. Lots of road noise...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dra711
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear dra711,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel. Thanks for the comments on your stay. If you are returning send me a note and I will ensure that we get you a room on a high floor away from the highway.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed in a great room on the 9th floor overlooking a rooftop pool and courtyard. A rap party was apparently going on in the 8th floor and it sounded like it was in our room. The staff would not move us to a comparable room and promised the party would be over by 11:00 p.m. When the loud noises finally ended around 11:45 p.m. we pulled the hideaway bed out of the sofa for one of the kids with us to find that it did not have any linens. We had to wait another 45 minutes for this to arrive. The hotel has great rooms, is spotlessly clean, great ammenities and is in a great location. The bed was not the most comfortable one I have slept in, but I will probably stay here again to make sure my stay was not a "bump in the road." I was not very impressed with this stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Keith35094

Thank you for posting the review on your visit. While I am glad that you thought the hotel was great I am dissapointed that we did not compliment the product with great service. I apologize that you were inconvenienced with the noise from a birthday party in our event space. I feel comfortable in stating that it was a bump in the road as you put it. I travel often with 2 very young children so I appreciate how important it is to get the kids settled so that the parents can have a good time also. Please contact me at your convenience as I would like to talk with you more about your experience.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here the week of the 4th. I loved it!!!! The service was great for the most part. One problem that won't stop me from going again....stayed for 4 days... Rooms clean.... Food Great!!!! Will stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2012
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Monica D,

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay at TWELVE over the July 4th holiday. I appreciate the positive comments on the food, cleanliness and overall service. Let me know when you are coming back.