“Wanted it to be better”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #96 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed at Twelve for work and had heard how neat the rooms are from my coworkers. I was excited to stay there. When I arrived the check in was easy and the staff was friendly. The rooms are huge with a full kitchen, living room with comfy sofa, large bedroom and bath with walk in shower and garden tub. It was decorated nicely and the furnishings didn't look worn. I was particularly glade to see the large room size because I thought it would be good to come back with my family for a stay if I really enjoyed it. But, the little details made me decide against it. I went into the bathroom to find the toilet seat had not been cleaned at all from the previous guest. There was dried urine drops all over the seat so I wouldn't sit on it. It made me worried the rest of the room hadn't been cleaned very well either. When I went to bed I turned on the wifi for my Ipad but found the reception in the bedroom area was poor so my wifi kept going off. OK, I decided I would turn on the tv and watch since I had sketchy wifi only to find there was sound but no picture. After a few times of turning it off and back on I finally got a picture on the screen. Watched for a little while then turned it off and the noise of the traffic was so loud I had a hard time sleeping. I really wanted this place to be nicer but it just wasn't.

Room Tip: The view of the pool is nice but the traffic noise is very loud.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank 4AngelsMommy
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear 3AngelsMommy,

I am sorry to read that you had a dissapointing stay with us. We have a unique product and our goal is to compliment that with great service, a well prepared suite and everything in working order. I am sorry that we missed the opportunity to give you a great experience. I have shared your feedback with the hosekeeping and engineering teams. Some of our guests are more sensitive to street noise than others and we can help with this by assigning a suite on a high floor and to the rear of the building. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally. Please forward a contact number and I will call you at a time that is convenient for you.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Everything about this place was class - from our room, to the location (minutes from uptown, and a short walk to numerous great restaurants downtown as well as the Aquarium, Coca Cola, etc.), to the friendliness of the staff! A computer is provided in every room, along with a great little kitchen, sitting area, and huge, beautiful bedroom. Price was completely competitive, and we'll never stay anywhere else in Atlanta!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sandy W
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear Sandy W,

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay at TWELVE Centennial Park. Our accommodations are somewhat unique and our goal is to provide our guests with many of the comforts of home. It nevers gets old reading about the friendly staff comment. Thank you for that and I will share it with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Pool was closed when we stayed here, not much to do in surrounding area, however if town for a meeting its a good location. Parking is 25 dollars a day and there is a restaurant in the lobby that has decent food but rarely serves breakfast. There is not much in the surrounding area mostly office buildings. Beautiful workout facility however. Would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear mike h,

Thank you for the positive review. I apologize that the pool was closed during your stay. We did have an incident involving broken glass at the pool in May and we just do not want to take any risks with the safety of our guests. The process of emptying, cleaning out, refilling and re-balancing the chemicals usually takes several days. I am sorry that this amenity was not available to you. Our restaurant serves breakfast daily and we also have room service available-we clearly need to do a better job highlighting this amenity. Please do alert us if you are travelling to downtown Atlanta again as we have a many attractions and places of interest that are within walking distance of the hotel. Also the MARTA rail has a station located only a few steps from the hotel and this is a quick and economical way to get to other parts of the city. I am glad to read that you liked our fitness area, it certainly has enough equipment to provide our guests with a good workout.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We booked a last minute hotel room for a weekend trip to Atlanta and found a great deal on Booking.com after we found out the Loews didn't have a pool. We ended up with a deluxe suite, w/ king. Suite was huge and very up to date., clean Depending on your room, you will either be facing the pool or Peachtree St. We stayed on the Peachtree St side of the hotel on the 13th floor. The road noise outside was tolerable, however if that is a problem, might recommend an odd number room so you are on the pool side (may be a little more quiet over there). But to tell you the truth, we were there on the weekend and after about 10pm, there was no traffic outside. Staff was excellent and offered great suggestions for restaurants and attractions. The Marta is 50 yds from the hotel entrance, so perfect if you will be using it. 20 min Marta ride from the airport. Centennial Park and Aquarium are within walking distance as well as the Sun Dial Restaurant which is a must see. However would recommend the Marta if you plan an event at the Georgia Dome. Pool was very relaxing although the water had not warmed up enough to actually enjoy. But the sun was great. Highly recommend. So glad we ended up here verses the Loews (location and price wise)

Room Tip: Pick a pool side room for a quieter night (odd number room).
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hockystiks29

Dear hockystiks29,

Thanks for the great review and more importantly I am glad to read that you had an excellent stay at TWELVE. The MARTA rail is very convenient to use for guests arriving at and returning to the airport. It is also a great way to visit the midtown and Buckhead areas of the city for shopping and area attractions. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to TWELVE on your next visit to Atlanta.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The room was so spacious and clean and the bathroom is HUGE. Every room has a full kitchen with full size appliances and even a breakfast bar. The balcony was wonderful too. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location is perfect - a few steps away from the Civic Center MARTA station. Walking distance to restaurants and a grocery store.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Angela W
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Angela W,

Glad to read that you enjoyed our spacious suites and friendly staff. The location is very convenient for people who want to be in the downtown area. MARTA is a great way to get around to the airport and main neighborhoods, particularly as it is located directly next to the hotel. We appreciate the great review and look forward to welcoming you back on a future occassion.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

You would be hard pushed to do better than the Twelve in Atlanta. It is a suite hotel and the suites themselves are huge with a well equipped kitchen area, decent sized living space, large bed and, in our room at least, a very spacious bathroom. I maybe wrong but it appeared that the hotel was a converted office block with rooms built within what would have been office space. They have made a nice job of it though they have made a bit of a feature of bare concrete walls and celings in parts of the room which may not be to everyone's taste. Inside the room you get a PC with free internet access - there is wifi in the bar and lobby which may just about reach to some of the rooms as well.

The staff in the lobby were great and there is a bar and restaurant on site. There is also a really good looking outdoor pool which was, unfortunately, undergoing maintanence when we were there.

The hotel is located just by Atlanta's main thoroughfare, Peachtree Street. Go out of the hotel and head south and you will be in what passes for Atlanta's city centre in just a couple of minutes. Head north and you will find the MARTA station more or less on the doorstep but go beyond it and the area is less appealing. Whilst there may be hotels a little more centrally located you certainly shouldn't discount the Twelve on grounds of where it is.

I find it hard to see how you could do much better than the Twelve if you need to visit Downtown Atlanta. I was impressed and will look out for other Twelve Hotels when I'm next in the USA.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Balix

Dear Balix,

Thank you for posting a great review on your visit to TWELVE Hotel Centennial Park. I can see from the many reviews that you have posted that you a are a frequent hotel traveller, so we consider your review very high praise indeed. If your travels bring you back across the water to Atlanta we would be delighted to welcome you back to TWELVE.