“Very large suites”

Twelve Centennial Park
Ranked #88 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Atlanta. It is two blocks away from all the major places such as World of Coca Cola, Georgia Aquarium, GWCC, CNN, Centennial Olympic Park, and others.

I took my family with me on my business trip so I was looking for a hotel with suites. Well this hotel had the biggest suites with full appliances such as refridge, microwave, full sinks, and even oven. They also had a computer offered with free internet service which was very nice. I still had my laptop so I wanted to use WiFi which they also offered for free, but it was not working properly. The front service was kind enough to bring me an Eternet cable so I could hook up my laptop with wire, very good. You can order room meal and other convenient store items via computer they provide for free. Just click-click and they will bring whatever you ordered to your room with a little delivery fee (not much as $1 for upto $10 and $2 for upto $20 spent or so).

The room was very unique. It was very chic & urban like as it was renovated recently. The service was good and the stay was comfortable.

The only thing I wished: I wished the room would have a little more warmth to it. The room was decorated with black (and other dark colors) and white colors to focus on chic urban designs but it lacked warmth for family travelers. I know it is the downtown Atlanta but I wanted a little more of warmth in the room. Other than that, I do not have any compliants.

I do recommend this hotel to anyone who look for chich urban designed suites with big space (what I mean by big is not that it has huge space but bigger than the most of the suites in downtowns I traveled).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank JamesMem

Reviewed November 15, 2011

This room was just right on the 16th floor and right across from MARTA station, close to downtown action. It had a nice balcony with a good view of the city of Atlanta. Room service breakfast was just ok; service very good, food quality nothing special. I didn't know there was a Starbucks on site until the day I left. There is no breakfast included here but you could easily make your own if you are prepared. The appliances in the kitchen are top notch, stainless steel, microwave convection oven, five burner stove. I didn't try the sushi this place is known for. Valet and bellhops were prompt and courteous. It felt like being in your own city condo rather than hotel, even much better than other extended stay hotels.

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank time_traveler99
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed in a king suite and it was fantastic! Full sized stainless appliances with lots of bar and living room space, modern furniture, full sized computer screen, great big flatscreens, and showers the size of a football field. Plus a whirlpool tub. Very equivalent to the many more modern (one rhymes with Destin) hotels at which I often stay.

Staff very kind, room clean. Expect to return when in ATL. Close to Aquarium, Centennial Park, all downtown sporting events.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank VidaliaOnions
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear VidaliaOnions,

Thanks for the wonderful review. Hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I recently hosted a surprise birthday party for my husband at the Twelve Hotel (Centennial location) and it was wonderful. The hotel had the perfect spot (The Lounge on 8th floor) for our celebration of approx 50 guests, the hotel staff was awesome and the food was delicious! All of my party guests were very impressed and had a SUPER time. After the party ended, my family and I stayed for a night at the hotel and the suite was beautiful and spacious...no complaints at all! Our entire stay and experience was outstanding!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear GA FamilyTraveler,

Thanks for the great review and more importantly I am delighted that you had a great stay at TWELVE. Hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I have been in this hotel as of today for the last two weeks checking out today actually on government business. First of all loved the hotel initially and the decor was a big reason for opting to stay and not stay elsewhere where I could have least been given perks like breakfast each morning and evening socials.......NOW the bad side....I checked in the first night and went downstairs with a friend who had stopped by to hang out with me, come back to my room and I am completely locked out, the entire system on my door was powerless and there was no way the night person at the front desk could get me into my room so I had to spend the first night in the room next door without any clothes or personal belongings or DIABETIC medicine not to mention my guest's purse and car keys were in the room as well so they had to stay in the room with me until the service man came the next morning after I was an hour late to work for my first day of training to open the room and let me in to get my belongings where I could shower and change. That evening the so called Manager had the nerve to tell me because I was with the gov't I wasn't really inconvenienced....WHAT? So after I called him on his comment he promised me a certificate for a night on the hotel that I have yet to receive....that was the second day I was here....now it is a week and a half later.... I about to check out and I still have no certificate....he now states it will be mailed to my address of record.....come on dude.....dont insult my intelligence by constantly lying to my face.....how hard is it to print up, write up a certificate.....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Marilyn H
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear Marilyn H,

I am sorry that you were greatly inconvenienced by the incident concerning the door lock failure.
While it is one of those very rare and unfortunate occurences the situation could and should have been handled and resolved in a much better manner. There is no doubt that you were greatly inconvenienced and for that I am genuinely sorry. I will follow up with the duty manager and be getting in touch. This is certainly not representative of how we aim to take care of our guests and I will be making every effort to get you back to the hotel on your next visit to Atlanta.

sincerely,

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedrooom unite for one night and found it perfect. We were able to walk to the Georgia Aquarium and Centennial Park within 5 minutes, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The gym and pool were great, but the only improvement I'd suggest is that they heat the pool. Even when it was scorching hot outside, the water in the pool felt nippy. Otherwise, from the service to the actual amenities in the room, we were very pleased with the Twelve, and found it a great value, compared to many other hotels and apartment style hotels we've stayed at around the world.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wongamama

Dear Wongamama,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at TWELVE Centennial Park Hotel.
I am glad that you had a great stay. I will have our engineer look at options for making the pool a little warmer while it is pool season.

sincerely,

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had a 2 BR suite complete with a full kitchen. It was a very attractive and the staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint ... the sheets were a bit scratchy but the bed was comfortable. Otherwise a great boutique hotel in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bevsdogs
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Centennial Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Dear bevsdogs,

Thank you for the review of TWELVE. I am glad to read that overall you had a great experience on your visit. I will have our housekeeping manager follow up on your comments about the sheets.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to downtown Atlanta.