“worth visiting”

Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #593 of 4,012 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Atlantic Station
Cross street: 18th Street and District Avenue
Transit: Take either the North or Northeast Line to the Art Center Stop. From there, catch the Atlantic Station Green Line Shuttle to Atlantic Station.
Description: As our first location to open in the South, in February 2006, the Atlantic Station Rosa Mexicano combines Rosa’s trademark authentic Mexican cuisine and stylish, festive atmosphere with Atlanta’s southern hospitality to offer a unique dining experience. Inside, a dramatic 18-foot high water wall with miniature white Acapulco divers is the eye-catching centerpiece of the 200-seat restaurant, which also features a lounge area and private dining that accommodates up to 70 guests. With its bright colors, Mexican artwork and fabulous food, all are sure to enjoy the style and tastes that are solely Rosa Mexicano.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I first enjoyed this chain in Washington DC when our nephew took us there years ago. We were extremely impressed with the table side preparation of the guacamole, one of our favorite Mexican dipping choices.

Since we travel to Atlanta about 5-6 times a year, we try to get to Rosa Mexicano for the guacamole. During our last visit, we sat in the Bar area at one of the high top tables and shared the guacamole and some other samplers that were quite satisfying and filling.

The surroundings are nice, with very high ceilings and an open air type atmosphere. It is something that everyone should try and enjoy.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We decided to check this place out after spending a fun day at the Winter Beer Carnival that was held in the Atlantic station. Rosa Mexicano was recommended to me by a few coworkers, but I wish I didn't listen.

The décor of the restaurant looks nice and has a nice ambiance to it. It is dimly lit, and has a very modern feel to it. It does not really feel like a mexican restaurant though. It does however feel like an upscale establishment. It is clean, and the staff looked sharp.

The menu was not large big but it does have all your favorite mexican dishes, anything from enchiladas to hot skillets. The prices however are a bit steep for Mexican food in my opinion. We ordered two guacamole and chips as appetizer. The guacamole was made at the table and it was good. It tasted fresh. As an entree I ordered two chicken enchiladas. It was good, no real complaints but I just wished for more. The dish was about $16 or $17 but tasted exactly like any other enchilada I have ever had for a fraction of the cost.

To sum it up, the restaurant is nice, the servers are fast and know their stuff, however I just did not feel like it meets the expectations for such an expensive menu.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Pricy, due to location I presume, but mediocre. Definitely not my fav upscale Mex restaurant in the city.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great service, very pleasant restaurant, and good food. Prices were a bit steep, but considering the location I guess that was to be expected.

The menu is not your "run of the mill" Mexican food - though you can get the normal enchiladas, tacos, etc. My husband had enchiladas, I had a roasted chicken salad and my daughter had a quesadilla with sweet potato fries - all the food was fresh and tasty.

Woud definitely return!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went to this restaurant to celebrate my birthday and I just can say it was a great experience, food is delicious, best service, This is not a typical Mexican restaurant, prices kinda high but worth the experience. Recommended 100%

Been to Rosa Mexicano - Atlanta? Share your experiences!