“Quite the 'trip'” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quite the 'trip'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a coupon to Chris' Pizza House and decided to see how this local joint stood up to other nearby restaurants. We arrived around 5pm on a Friday evening. Were seated right away, few staff on board that early, but still good service. We ordered our chicken parm and Greek platter, which tasted pretty good, and did not realize we were in for a show... An elderly woman was walking in the restaurant and tripped on the edge of the decor (think fountains, clay pots, and potted plants). Poor lady. She was helped up by a fellow diner who got to her first. The owner came to chat with the woman who would not stop saying, "Don't worry, I'm not the suing type..." Hah. Moral of this review: Good food, will have to try the pizza, pleasant staff, many people got take-out meals, but glad we had a coupon.

• Visited November 2012

Fairhope, Alabama
“Great Gyro; Zero Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I ate by myself on this visit. I ordered a gyro (sandwich only) and a side of kalamata olives. The gyro was great, as were the olives. They also offer pizzas, lasagna, meatballs, and Greek food such as salads, souvlaki and deserts.

I ordered takeout, and was glad I did. The place has little to no atmosphere. Four rows of vinyl booths and basic tables with a line of (fake?) plants and a fountain going down the middle. They need to bring in a designer to do a quick makeover of the interior.

I very much recommend the take-out.

1 Thank FairhopeFred
Panama City, Florida
“My favorite pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We used to live in Atlanta, and ate here as much as we could. Since we moved away, I seem to always be craving their pizza. So, every time we go through Atlanta, we make sure to stop and get our favorite.

This is a complete greek restaurant, but for us the pizza is the best. We always get a Chris' Special (which has meats and veggies on it), and add gyro meat and feta. It's awesome. They don't use mozzerella on their pizzas, either, it's a white cheddar cheese. We love it.

The easiest way to find it is to start at I-85 at North Druid Hills Road. Head south (toward downtown) on North Druid Hills for about 2 miles or so. There's a large shopping center on your right, just after you cross LaVista road, and it's in that shopping center.

Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place for pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Recently had dinner at this place. I started with a small Greek salad which came with the traditional vegetables, feta cheese and dressing. I found the salad to be fresh however the dressing was bland.

I had an individual pizza with beef and feta. The pizza was very tasty and cooked perfectly.

I then tried their chicken parmesan served over spaghetti. I paid extra and added meat sauce. It came with one small breast covered in cheese and tasty meat sauce. They gave a lot of spaghetti however there was not enough sauce to cover the amount of pasta given. The service was average and the restuarant was only half full.

I would defininately return for the pizza as it was very good.

Acworth, Georgia, United States
“Just Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had 8 girls for girls night out paint party and decided to eat here before painting. Our waiter, Marshall, was awesome and did a great job. The chicken parm and eggplant parm is grilled, not fried. When we asked if it was available fried he said he would go ask. Upon returning we were informed that they would make an acception this one time but couldn't be doing all kinds of special orders. We interpreted this to mean, don't order it, we will hate it so we ordered the daily special which was the gyro plate. We all had plenty of food. My sister did order the grilled chicken parm and it was enough for two! Our food was good, no complaints. We were disappointed in the managements inability to prepare food grilled or fried as ordered. In this economy you would think that they would do whatever it takes to get you in the doors. The atmosphere was average with tacky Greek curtains and white/blue color scheme. Prices were also average. Ths is not a place we would try to go to again on our next outing.

• Visited July 2012