“Great Club But Parking Ticket Ruined my Night”
Review of The Masquerade

The Masquerade
Ranked #7 of 133 Nightlife in Atlanta
Reviewed March 4, 2012

First off the less clothes you wear the better as this club has 3 levels and is very hot. No air circulates at all. Our show was in Heaven. Bartenders were great and had no problems with security. We got to take all the pictures that we needed and nobody bothered us. It was an all age show so expect kids with their parents. The club is very dark, sweaty, and dungy. The tables were nasty. The sound was ok and the bands were good. Order beer as it is cold and not watered down. Mixed drinks come in very small cup and seemed very weak and over priced.

Our trip was ruined by the City of Atlanta who gave us a $200 ticket for parking on Angier St. The evening was full of tornadic weather and we never could find the Masquerade parking lot so we parked like a lot of other people down the street. Our car was on gravel, but got a $200 ticket for parking on the sidewalk. The rain was so hard only a piece of my ticket was left on my windshield when we got back to the hotel and I noticed it the next day.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

i'm in architecture, so this place was like a flash to "back in the day" for me for sure! i love the old "eery" feeling that comes naturally for this place.

reading some research on it, it was an old mill...and unfortunately there were a few misfortunes here years ago, but for a music event, the grimy look is perfect!

its a large place with several room options...and the place didn't come crashing down when everyone started jumping up and down! lol

ready for A3C next year

Reviewed December 15, 2011

Despite my better judgement, I decided to give the venue another chance. After much protest my husband agreed as well. Again, we found the facility to be lacking as a concert venue. We were to be at the venue by 515 for VIP sound check/meet/greet etc. Staff didn't even attempt to start checking tics etc until 540. The venue smelled horible. Of course it is outdated and dirty but I don't expect the best of sanitization, but the strong smell was way too much. The bar didn't open until after 7, so we did our 30/40 min of VIP things and just sat and waited. Overall, I think it is great for local bands etc, but for major events spend your money at a venue equiped for such---I recommend the Hard Rock in Orlando and Bojangles col in Charlotte.

3  Thank jthompson5000
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Went to see a Black Veil Brides concert with friends and two teen girls. The place is easy enough to find, and a good size. Kids can't get lost inside away from you. We enjoyed it.

2  Thank Donna B
Reviewed April 15, 2011

The Masquerade is awesome!!! I went there to see a live band and ended up wandering around after the show and seeing the rest of the club. There are three levels: Heaven, Purgatory, and Hell. Live rock shows in both Heaven and Hell, and a Hip Hop/RnB/Reggae DJ in Purgatory the night I went. Even if you don't go for the great music, intriguing people, or amazing drinks, the building has a very unique aura of mystique about it. Some say it's haunted, and claim to have seen bizarre stuff happening during and after hours... I'm just saying, if you are that kind of person, it is pretty cool, aside from the obvious. By the way.. THE MASQUERADE ROCKS!!!!! I got into my first mosh pit there... stoopid cool.

2  Thank CarmenAlegria

Been to The Masquerade? Share your experiences!