“Very clean, comfortable and worth the price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #87 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
US Virgin Islands
“Very clean, comfortable and worth the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

For a short business trip the Fairfield Inn was recommended. The suites are very clean, comfortable, large and worth the money. Nothing missing.The front desk was very helpful and friendly. Although the location is a 1/2 mile away from all the nicer restaurants, don't worry. Malcolm the shuttle bus driver will get you there and pick you up with the outmost courtesy and punctuality - a real pleasure to meet him.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cruzanmon
Jeff E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Good morning axelbaby! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We always like to hear great things from our customers especially when they mention an employee by name. Malcolm has only been with us for a few months and we are excited to have him on our team. Our rooms are much larger due to the fact that we are an all suite property and each room is a two room suite. Thanks again for the review and we look foward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Turkish first
Moultrie, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hotel, staff, breakfast and valet parking where great but don't think price is correct for area. For ppl who want to see underground Atlanta you are just steps away. For ppl who value your safety...stay away. I usually take comments with a grain of salt about "scary place to stay" I am not intimated easily but I am a smoker and stood out side of the hotel and I can tell you that there are all walks of life on that street! If you go straight out of the hotel there are approx. 4 housing projects on that rode and if you turn left out of hotel there are at least 4-6 that way and are told not to go that way by valet!! I have nothing against ppl living in the projects and you do see all walks on life down there...good and bad!

Good morning cha_cha196134675!

I wanted to thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit. We certainly apprecaite the positive feedback on the staff here at the hotel. We are very lucky to have a great group of associates that genuinely care about our guest and it shows in your comments.

We are located in a major metropolitan city and a part of the downtown convention center district. As a member of the community we support the cities efforts to assist those in need to provide them with new opportunities. We work hand in hand with the Mayor's office and Central Atlanta Progress to improve upon our downtown on a daily basis. We want Underground to be people's first stop before visiting the Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, CNN Center and the numerous other great attractions that we have downtown.

Thanks again and we hope that you come back to visit us in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites from Saturday to Saturday. Our first encounter with the staff, we met Jessie...she set the bar for the week. She was so nice and helpful. We found that the staff went out of their way to assist us. The staff, from the front desk, to valet, to housekeeping was fantastic. Great deal for the price. Although it was close to the Marta, we always felt safe. Security was always present. We were close to everything and there was a courtesy van for further desinations. Would highly recommend this location if you are visiting downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jeff E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Hello tcraigerrn!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to write a review for us. It's nice to read a review of your property and one of our associates gets mentioned by name. I am glad that Jessie was a shinning star for you during your stay.

Please come back and stay with us again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed here over a year ago when this property was a Comfort Inn but stayed here recently as a Marriott property. My experience was still of high quality, and my stay was very comfortable. There were three women in the room, we all had our own bed, and we never felt cramped with all of our shoes, clothes, etc.

The suites are spacious and still look brand new. The hotel has a funky, boutique feel to it -- not what you'd expect from a typical Fairfield property. The beds are comfy and the bathroom is spacious with lots of towels. The living room area is also spacious as well functional, w/ 2 flat screens, a fridge, microwave, & minibar/sink area.

There is plenty of staff on hand at all hours, both inside and outside, and they were all very helpful and courteous. In terms of amenities - it's easy to pop onto wifi, there are free computers in the lobby, along with a nice panty/fridge for snacks, water, etc., and the breakfast area is fairly robust - a bit more than just a continental breakfast (fruit, yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, boiled eggs, etc).

Definitely a nice stay for a reasonable price - recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jeff E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you on behalf of the staff and myself here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown!

We are so excited that you came back to visit with us and that you had the chance to experience us as new each time.

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and thank you for your comments.

I hope that when your travel plans bring you back to Atlanta, that you come back to stay with us.

Jeff
Boone, nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I did not have a bad stay at this hotel. But I left a coat in my room upon checkout. I called the same day I checked out to ask about the coat and was told someone would call me back. Long story short, no one called me back, I sent a fax, called several times, finally spoke with the assistant general manager, who said she would look into the matter and call me back. It took longer than a week for that to happen. I sent her a receipt for the coat and asked that I be reimbursed for it, as one of the staff obviously took it. Final word from the general manager--no reimbursement. In short, there is no such thing as good customer service at this hotel. The staff there lacks integrity. Do not stay here, and if you do, don't dare leave any personal items behind, because the staff will help themselves.

Room Tip: Dishonest staff. Do not stay here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Katherine C
Jeff E, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
I wanted to thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments in regards to your stay. Obviously we don't want any guest to have a bad experience and I am sorry that you fell that your situation was handled incorrectly.

The staff here at the hotel did everything they could during our investigation into trying to locate your misplaced item and I am sorry that it was not found on our property to be able to returned to you. We entrust our Housekeeping Staff with cleaning guest rooms on a daily basis and a high level of trust is earned by these associates by the lack of complaints from guest stating that something is missing/misplaced.

I think the hotel and our staff handled the situation the best that we could under these circumstances and again, I apologize if you disagree.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your comments.

Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night after seeing a concert at Philips Arena. I had booked this hotel online but it was Comfort Suites when I booked it and came to find out at check in the the name had changed the very day we checked in. The front desk still honored our original room rate. The room was very nice and comfortable. We were only there for one night but I would have stayed longer. There are comments about shady people hanging around outside at late hours but we were out after midnight and felt fine. There is a decent size security guard at the door all times during the evening hours so that added to the safety feeling. The valet parking was also convenient although it took them about 35 mins to get our car to us after check out. We didn't have the breakfast so I can't comment on that but otherwise it was a decent stay and we will probably stay here again for other downtown events!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaldous
Thank you on behalf of the Staff and myself for your comments in regards to your recent stay with us.

I'm glad to hear that you were one of our first guest under our "New" brand.

We are very excited about our new affiliation and are looking forward to great things to come in the future.

Thank you again for your comments and staying with us. If your travels bring you back to downtown, please consider us for your overnight accommodations.

Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

It was such a joy to find out the very afternoon I was to check in that there had been a change in not only management, but the very brand. Hotel made no attempt to notify any of us (at least 3 people checking in had same experience) of the change. The hotel is now a Fairfield Inn and not a Comfort Suites. I will grant that the room was fairly decent, but the front desk was purely worthless and if you love to be surrounded by blocks of panhandlers and homeless, then this is the prime hotel for you. If you love the thrill of danger and maybe are armed, then you might enjoy this hotel. Parking is valet only and $25 a day on top of room charge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rk821
On behalf of the staff and myself, we would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your stay.

We did recently change brands and I'd love to say that the transistion was a smooth one but we did have our issues. I'm happy to say we have been successful in working through them so to make a better experience for future guest.

I am sorry that your stay didn't meet your expectations but we hope that you would give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future if your travels bring you back to Atlanta.