“Good value for Atlanta, but still a Comfort Suites”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #82 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Grand Haven, MI
“Good value for Atlanta, but still a Comfort Suites”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

In a town where hotel prices are through the roof, Comfort Suites offers a very good price, free breakfast, free internet and shuttles (but you better not be in a hurry to get where you want to go.) If you are on a budget and don't mind being on the edge of a shaky neighborhood, this is the place for you.

It is probably the nicest Comfort Suites I've stayed in, but it's still a value hotel. No room service, no pool or hot tub, some well worn interior areas....but the always very busy staff is very nice and I'm amazed they don't let it show how exhausting their jobs must be.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
Newton, Iowa, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We chose this hotel because it offered airport shuttle and transportation to local attractions.
The hotel was great, really nicely done and clean. I would recommend it, but if you are counting on the airport shuttle and transport to local attractions I would be sure and ask when this service is available and if it will be on your tab. The shuttle service doesn't take effect until 3pm and runs until 10pm, and it's not always 3 sometimes it's 5 and you have to ask I just assumed that it was available because it wasn't written otherwise. I set up for a ride to the airport huge surprise to me when we got to the airport and the cab driver asked for his fare of $40.
The breakfast was nice and the convenience to downtown attractions such as the underground was nice. They did drive us to the Varsity, and the Martin Luther King Jr. historical site.

Room Tip: The view was of a wall of the building next to us
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy S
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I enjoyed my two day stay. The hotel was very tall in height . The lobby could crowded at times. The valet for $20 a day was a big help. The room was very modern and had a nice layout. I loved the views from the windows. It was very nice to lay down and see the beautiful scenery. The shower was very roomy and the water temperature and pressure was good. The bed was so soft and comfortable. Overall a good hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a front room to see the view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweets89
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My arrival began a trip to the 10th floor with all of my luggage only to discover the room was used & unclean. After traveling back down to the lobby to explain the issue, I was given another room on the 9th floor (901), though the staff was friendly & helpful, I don't recall ever receiving an apology for the hassle & inconvenience. The new room had a nice city view, was clean, bright, had decent decor, modern but worn furniture & was even quiet which is quite a contrast from the foot traffic, hustle & chaos that goes on literally at the front door of the hotel. Waffle House steps away from the door, lawless & rambunctious crowds on the nearby corner of Peachtree...not my thing. I will also add, the Valet Gentlemen were very friendly, professional & quick throughout most of my stay. Overall I was very unimpressed & dissatisfied, wouldn't recommend for a family or single woman & personally as a single man, I wouldn't stay again. Thanks Choice!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2011

not the ideal location

HOTEL- i was beyond amazed, the rooms look like a 5 star suite !! OUR ROOM WAS 901,squeaky clean, It included a seperate living area, 2 Flat screen tv's THE BATHROOM WAS VERY BIG WITH PLENTY OF TOWELS AND THE FLOOR WAS MARBLE . AND THIS HOTEL HAS BEEN UPDATED TO THE MAX. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED. staff was very friendly.

cons- $20 valet a day ? seriously ??

overall i was delighted

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Okkkkk, this hotel is NOT in the nicest part of Atlanta and I ended up here at the last minute. But it's by a huge tourist attraction and there were police everywhere so I felt safe! At first I was really skeptical but I was too tired to go elsewhere but I swear I stepped into a fairy tale when I walked into my room. The lobby is small, there isn't a restaurant, but my room...I LOVED IT!!!!! The bathroom was HUGE with water jets and I couldn't resist not taking a bath in, I was in heaven and dozed off! The decor of the room is very updated, spacious and my view of the city was breathtaking. Two flat screens: one in the bedroom and one in the living room! A nice nook with a mini sink, microwave and shelf. Quaint desk, nice sofa, lamps...I was quite impressed! Would I stay again? ABSOLUTELY!

Room Tip: Don't judge a hotel by its location!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Emma L
Jason W, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Emma,
Thank you for the wonderful comments on our spacious room and decor. We hope to see you soon. You are truly a valued guest to the staff and I.
Sterling, Kansas
Reviewed November 14, 2011

In July of 2011 we needed a place that was close to the Convention Center but didn't want to spend over $100 per night. We read some reviews of this hotel and saw they were a little mixed. If this hotel were in a different location, I would have given it a "five" instead of a "four." The rooms are very nice and very comfortable--not your typical layout for a hotel room. It had a nice sitting area and a great view (ask for one of the upper floor corner units overlooking the Convention Center). As for the location, if you are a light sleeper, you might want to go elsewhere as the trains were sounding a few times during the night. Also, the neighborhood didn't seem exceptionally safe during the night hours. Once in side the hotel, that was a non-issue. I would stay at this hotel again without exception. It was a 15 min walk to the Convention Center, so we took a cab a couple of times. Overall, great hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about Comfort Suites concerning your recent stay. As Guest Relation Manager for this hotel, I need to know when our services or products do not meet our guests’ expectations.
The staff of the Comfort Suites hotel and I value you as a guest. We would, and I hope you will once again give us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future. Please contact me directly. Again thank you and hope to see you soon.