“BEST HOTEL !! HANDS DOWN”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #90 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 28, 2011

not the ideal location

HOTEL- i was beyond amazed, the rooms look like a 5 star suite !! OUR ROOM WAS 901,squeaky clean, It included a seperate living area, 2 Flat screen tv's THE BATHROOM WAS VERY BIG WITH PLENTY OF TOWELS AND THE FLOOR WAS MARBLE . AND THIS HOTEL HAS BEEN UPDATED TO THE MAX. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED. staff was very friendly.

cons- $20 valet a day ? seriously ??

overall i was delighted

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Okkkkk, this hotel is NOT in the nicest part of Atlanta and I ended up here at the last minute. But it's by a huge tourist attraction and there were police everywhere so I felt safe! At first I was really skeptical but I was too tired to go elsewhere but I swear I stepped into a fairy tale when I walked into my room. The lobby is small, there isn't a restaurant, but my room...I LOVED IT!!!!! The bathroom was HUGE with water jets and I couldn't resist not taking a bath in, I was in heaven and dozed off! The decor of the room is very updated, spacious and my view of the city was breathtaking. Two flat screens: one in the bedroom and one in the living room! A nice nook with a mini sink, microwave and shelf. Quaint desk, nice sofa, lamps...I was quite impressed! Would I stay again? ABSOLUTELY!

Room Tip: Don't judge a hotel by its location!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Emma L
Jason W, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Emma,
Thank you for the wonderful comments on our spacious room and decor. We hope to see you soon. You are truly a valued guest to the staff and I.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

In July of 2011 we needed a place that was close to the Convention Center but didn't want to spend over $100 per night. We read some reviews of this hotel and saw they were a little mixed. If this hotel were in a different location, I would have given it a "five" instead of a "four." The rooms are very nice and very comfortable--not your typical layout for a hotel room. It had a nice sitting area and a great view (ask for one of the upper floor corner units overlooking the Convention Center). As for the location, if you are a light sleeper, you might want to go elsewhere as the trains were sounding a few times during the night. Also, the neighborhood didn't seem exceptionally safe during the night hours. Once in side the hotel, that was a non-issue. I would stay at this hotel again without exception. It was a 15 min walk to the Convention Center, so we took a cab a couple of times. Overall, great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about Comfort Suites concerning your recent stay. As Guest Relation Manager for this hotel, I need to know when our services or products do not meet our guests’ expectations.
The staff of the Comfort Suites hotel and I value you as a guest. We would, and I hope you will once again give us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future. Please contact me directly. Again thank you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Awesome...The rooms were clean. Great service. Decorated in contemporary style, in which I absolutely love!...I told my husband that this is the only hotel we are going to stay at when we come to Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Jason W, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Hello Robin248

The staff at the Comfort Suites strive very hard to make each and every guest feel at home. The decorated is contemporary style and we are Atlanta secret, but with this great comment the Trip Advisor world will get to know the Comfort Suites Downtown Atlanta.
Again thank you for taking time out to do this lovely comment. Hope to see you soon. Also bring the family so they can enjoy the southern hospitality!!!!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Just got back from an overnight trip to Atlanta for a concert and stayed at the Comfort Suites. The location is fantastic from a concert goers perspective, right near the Phillps Arena and close to all the action, the only downside is being right next to Underground Atlanta at night is kinda dicey. This is a very well kept up facility, not grand by any stretch of the imagination but very nice. This is an urban hotel so the layout of the floors is different than one you may find in a different area, i.e. vending only on certain floors, no spacious lobby, but the rooms more than make up for this with very large modern bathrooms, plenty of room in the bedroom and sitting area, and ours had a large vestibule with wet bar and counter space which is important when you have several people trying to get ready in a hurry. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient and more than accomodating to offer the free shuttle, to call cabs, recommend places, etc.. I personally loved the decor and feel of the hotel and the beds were so very comfortable even though we only had doubles with two to a bed; which is saying a lot being used to a king size bed at home! I would definately stay here again. One last thing, go ahead and use the $20 a day valet service. We parked overnight at the closest parking garage and paid $22 for not even a full 24 hours and had to schlep all our belongings across Underground Atlanta. Not too cool!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the Tripadvisor universe. We at Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown are glad to hear that everything turned out great for you . We look forward to welcoming you back for a another great visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Greta and all the ladies are wonderful and even listened like they cared about looking at pictures of our kitty cats. Greta makes a mean waffle.
Wonderful staff..... Friendlier than Disney World people by far. The rooms are
much better, too.

Room Tip: If you want to be within walking distance of Turner Field, and who doesn't, this is the place yo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Jason W, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about Comfort Suites concerning your recent stay. As Guest Relation vManager for this hotel, I need to know when our services or products meet our guests’ expectations. The staff of the Comfort Suites and I value you as a guest and thank you for your kind words.
We look forward to you visiting our hotel again!!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights and was exceptionally pleased with the service and the rooms. The rooms were very spacious, clean and lovely. The service within the hotel was FANTASTIC. There is no restaurant or bar within the hotel. There was security outside the building at all times. Bill, the security man, was FANTASTIC. He always asked where you were going as he would even find a means for you to travel their safely. He even escorted me to the local restaurant which was underground and returned and hour later to escort me back to the hotel. I felt safe with him around; however, if he wasn't there I don't know what I would have done or would have happened. He was friendly, courteous and considerate at all times, so much so that I wanted to complete a comment card as I felt he deserved recognition, but the staff told me to write here. I hope his supervisor and manager reads this.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Jason W, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent vacation at the Comfort Suites Convention Downtown Atlanta . We are ecstatic to know that we assisted in making your vacation such a memorable one. The staff here works extremely hard to make each guest's stay as comfortable as the comforts of home. We are glad that you have found a home away from home at our Inn. We hope that we see you again soon.