“Better than Disney World”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #83 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Antioch, Tennessee
“Better than Disney World”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Greta and all the ladies are wonderful and even listened like they cared about looking at pictures of our kitty cats. Greta makes a mean waffle.
Wonderful staff..... Friendlier than Disney World people by far. The rooms are
much better, too.

Room Tip: If you want to be within walking distance of Turner Field, and who doesn't, this is the place yo...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Jason W, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about Comfort Suites concerning your recent stay. As Guest Relation vManager for this hotel, I need to know when our services or products meet our guests’ expectations. The staff of the Comfort Suites and I value you as a guest and thank you for your kind words.
We look forward to you visiting our hotel again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Turkish first
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights and was exceptionally pleased with the service and the rooms. The rooms were very spacious, clean and lovely. The service within the hotel was FANTASTIC. There is no restaurant or bar within the hotel. There was security outside the building at all times. Bill, the security man, was FANTASTIC. He always asked where you were going as he would even find a means for you to travel their safely. He even escorted me to the local restaurant which was underground and returned and hour later to escort me back to the hotel. I felt safe with him around; however, if he wasn't there I don't know what I would have done or would have happened. He was friendly, courteous and considerate at all times, so much so that I wanted to complete a comment card as I felt he deserved recognition, but the staff told me to write here. I hope his supervisor and manager reads this.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Jason W, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent vacation at the Comfort Suites Convention Downtown Atlanta . We are ecstatic to know that we assisted in making your vacation such a memorable one. The staff here works extremely hard to make each guest's stay as comfortable as the comforts of home. We are glad that you have found a home away from home at our Inn. We hope that we see you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I am partly to blame for this negative review. I changed my reservation from the Grand Hyatt to the Comfort Suites upon the suggestion of my budget conscious friends. I got an awesome discount and preferred downtown instead of Buckhead for this trip. But, I set myself up for disappointment.

This all-suites hotel feels like a motel of sorts. There is no real lobby, just a little nook near the front desk. Also, having to use your key to enter the building should've given me pause. The staff is great with one exception (the front desk clerk who worked on Sunday). They were very friendly and usually quite accommodating. We arrived very early, around checkout time, and were given a room almost immediately. We got to the room and the suite was lovely. I was delighted to see the oversized tub but disappointed as all the pictures I'd seen showed jets! Our bathroom had only been partially cleaned so I called to the front desk about the bathroom, excessive noise (I'd been specific that I needed a quite room because we wanted total relaxation), and the to inquire about the missing jets. They sent someone right away to clean the bathroom. The walls are so thin there wasn't much they could do...but I think it had a lot to do with the fact that we were given an adjoining room! Duh! I asked to be moved but the front desk clerk called next door to ask them to hold it down. That lasted for all of a minute. Oh, the jets are only on the top floor but no one mentioned this until I asked specifically where they were.

Later that night, I realized why I like great hotels. We receied a great tip for a restaurant/lounge from the front desk but it was a 3-hour wait! Im used to a concierge making appropriate arrangements for me. I guess I'm a little spoiled! However, we found one of my favorite places just a short walk away. We had a lovely dinner and a fantastic walk. We brought our dessert back to the room to enjoy but the restaurant didn't put any flatware in the bag. So I called downstairs for a couple of spoons. I was told that I could get them from the 2nd floor myself. Well, it was late and we were dressed for bed, so we held off on the dessert until the next day. But, that night was also when we realized we had no washcloths. Good thing I packed a few, because it wasn't until the next day, after 4 phone calls and a personal trip to the front desk that we received the towels requested.

The morning of the second day, we decided to go down for the expected mediocre breakfast (satisfying but definitely not good), and found a "Do Not Disturb" tag in our key slot. We didn't put it there. It is a housekeeping trick.  I called the front desk to be sure that the suite was cleaned before 1pm because I'd hired a mobile masseuse and wanted a clean and fresh relaxing atmosphere. Needless to say, I earned my massage by cleaning up myself. I had to makeup the bed, straighten the suite and pick up towels at the front desk. Housekeeping came by at 4:30pm. And because we'd forgotten to get extra spoons during breakfast for our long-awaited dessert, that was the best gift from housekeeping (the plasticware is stored and unavailable after breakfast, so I wouldn't have been able to get it anyway). You would think that some flatware was available in a suite that has a microwave and fridge.

And, the free Internet and business center were a bust too. The Internet was tragically slow. So I ended up in the business center but I had to hold the printer's front door to get it to print.

Valet was great! All of the guys were friendly. Do not ask the security guard for directions. He will give you some strange route! Good thing I know Atlanta well enough to know that he gave terrible directions. GPS doesn't hurt either!

But all in all, I was able to relax. I loved the bed and the floor plan of the suite.

This hotel is perfect for family reunions/family vacations, party goers, and folks who just need a decent place to stay. It is not for romance, relaxation, etc.

Room Tip: Pay for the top floor!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MissBooGee
I want to thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us. We will use your comments to focus on areas that can use some improvements. It is our goal to offer a clean, comfortable, and well maintained accommodation at an affordable price. We promise to continue working hard to achieve our goal consistently and we hope we get a chance to better serve you in the future
Sandersville, Georgia
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I along with my sister and brother in law stayed here in September for one night. We came up for the Falcons and Philly game. The location was awesome right in the heart of downtown Atlanta and underground. Every thing is in walking distance, the Georgia Dome, Phillips Arena, Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Park etc. You can take the Marta to the game and it only takes 3 minutes. It has valet parking, a hot breakfast bar, the rooms are large spacious and the beds are so comfortable. The view is nice and the prices are Great. And the hotel is very clean. We got so much for our money; this will be our first choice of hotels when ever we visit in the future. I recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. I would give it at least 4 and a half stars. We can't wait to come back!!!

Very Happy Customer

Room 6606 September 18, 2011:~)!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Monae520
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We were honored to have you in our hotel. We look forward to serving you again here at Comfort Suites. "Your comfort and convenience is our top priority!"
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2011

For the price you cannot get a better room or service! This hotel is right across the street from Underground Atlanta and within walking distance of the aquarium and CocaCola World. The only "negative" is not the fault of the hotel, but some of the people on the street will beg money from you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Redlands, California
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I truely enjoyed staying at this hotel and will not hesitate to book here again! Check-in/Check-out was quick and easy. Breakfast was available and hot every morning and there was alwasy coffee in the lobby. Forget something? All you have to do is ring the front desk and tell them what you need. Our house keepers (Erica & Sabrina) where amazing! They gave us whatever we wanted and if they came while we were sleeping, they always made sure to check back later to see if there was anything we needed done! Bill, the security guard made sure we entered the building quickly and safely during the late hours! The staff is friendly and inviting! The one thing we didn't like about it was the only parking was valet (highest rate $20/night). But we knew that before we arrived so we got a driver instead of renting a car. It also helps if you have friends in Atlanta. There is shopping and dining, walking distance from the hotel. If you like southern cooking, the Georgia Peach will deliver food to your room! We had a great time! Thanks Comfort Suites!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less trafic.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
dsmith8600, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Shay7
The staff of the Comfort Suites Atlanta Downtown hotel and I value you as a guest. We would, and I hope you will once again give us the opportunity to be of service to you in the future. And again thank you for sharing your comment with TRIP ADVISOR.
Tullins
Reviewed September 9, 2011

This hotel is ideally located, directly opposite the main MARTA station in downtown Atlanta - easy trip from the airport (via MARTA). Our suite slept 5 easily (two queen beds in the separate bedroom and one sofabed in the lounge area); breakfast was good, tea and coffee in the room, fridge and microwave in the room.... But most of all, the level of service we had here surpassed anything we had elsewhere: the staff simply couldn't have been more helpful - we were recommended a fantastic restaurant with live music and accepting children (Juke Joint - well worth a visit), they went out to buy more washing detergent in the middle of the night so I could do my washing, they arranged a cab to take us to the aquarium when the hotel shuttle was not available, they handed out cookies and bottles of water while we waited for our cab, they wrote out names and addresses of places to go for the rest of our trip.... and all for a reasonable price! Just fantastic - thank you all so much!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
dsmith8600, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Mary T

Wow! Thank you so much for the time, effort and detail that had to go into a review like this. Your review was read to the entire management team. It's is feedback like this that keeps our team excited and motivated to serve our guests.
We are glad that you and your family enjoyed the service, price and the convinience of the hotel.This is one the best review ever written about our hotel! Thanks again.