“loved hotel disliked area”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #85 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Hotel accomadations were great! The suites had a seperate bedroom (very helpful with children). Breakfast was included and had a great selection. Staff was wonderful and helpful, very friendly. Waffle house right next door also. But they have a sign that once you leave hotel you are on your own. Basically exit at your own risk. And that is true there were people hanging out right in front of hotel constantly. Also you have to valet park for $20/per day.

2  Thank mom24babies
dsmith8600, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you for your comments! We are extatic that you were able to find our location convenient to all of the major attractions and event venues that Atlanta has to offer. We are, as mentioned above, located in the heart of Downtown Atlanta and within a "stones-throw" of the CNN Center, Phillips Arena, the Georgia Aquarium, and 100's of restaurants designed to please your pallet.

Our property offers a complimentary shuttle daily to all of the aforementioned attractions, plus dozens more. We are a service focused and family oriented team dedicated to providing memorable service experiences to guests on a very personal level.

Again, we thank you for your response and hope to see you again on your return trip whenever your travels bring you our way.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Went with a friend and our children for a quick, fun get-away to Atlanta. The suite was adequate, but WE HAD TRAINS GOING PAST EVERY HOUR OR SO ALL NIGHT LONG!!! The kids slept through most, but my friend and I awoke every time a train went past (about 3 or 4 blocks away). I have emailed the property and corporate contacts 4 times, and only received one generic reply--maybe they hear this complaint so often they don't bother contacting customers?! Beware of staying here if you want to sleep through the night!

Room Tip: If you have to stay be sure to request a room away from the train track side.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Our suite was very nice, clean and spacious! The bed was very comfortable. I like the bathroom and layout of the suite. All the furnishings and decor are modern and attractive. Very comfortable suite.

I was not impressed with all the people hanging around outside of the property. This is the primary reason I didn't rate this property higher. The taxi driver had to escort me into the hotel the first night I arriived. It also would be helpful if a ramp was installed in the lobby so luggage can be pulled into lobby instead of carried up stairs.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
dsmith8600, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about Comfort Suites Atlanta concerning your recent stay. As General Manager for this hotel, I need to know when our services or products do not meet our guests’ expectations.

I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you encountered when you arrived. I can assure you that the difficulties you indicated have already been addressed with the city. With your candid comments we are better able to identify and correct difficulties like those you experienced. We do practice safety and we are a key access hotel. I wish I would have had the opportunity address you issues before you left hotel

Reviewed August 22, 2011

My suite was beautiful. I felt comfortable and it was like I was at home. It was very clean, bedding was nice, clean and great the staff was excellent!!! Especially Jason & Kelsey! They both helped me and took care of any situation or concern that I had. The security was also helpful. Very nice guy, he made me feel very safe. I will most defintely be back, everything was PERFECT!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011

Greetings,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about Comfort Suites Atlanta concerning your recent stay. As General Manager for this hotel, I need to know when our services or products meet our guests’ expectations. The staff of the Comfort Suites Atlanta and I value you as a guest and thank you for your kind words.
We look forward to you visiting our hotel again!!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I'll echo the previous review--Checked in on Saturday of a big baseball weekend. We got to the hotel right at check-in time, 3:00 to find the line stretching out the door. After a 30-40 minute wait, got up to the desk just to be told our room was not ready yet. Was told it would be a 5-10 minute wait. We sat down, with a crowd of other guests, mostly well behaved and genial. There were a few exceptions (I was actually sitting next to the previous reviewer, remember those boys!) Anyway, 1 1/2 hours later, still no call for a room. I finally asked if they could hold our luggage and we could check in after the ballgame. No problem with that. My daughter and I went on down to Turner Field, came back after the game, and checked in to our room. Once we had a room, everything was great! Room was very nice, large, airy, great city views, bathroom was large, everything was very clean.... Breakfast was nothing exceptional, but filling.
Some have complained about the location, but we had no problems. Yes, some homeless people around, but hey, this is a big city and you are downtown. No one bothered me or my 15 year old daughter. I would not walk around the area after dark, but we felt perfectly safe from the Braves shuttle drop-off to the hotel. (only about a block).
Other than the loooong wait for a room, we had a good experience. I felt that the staff
did a good job handling the crowd and lack of available rooms. I do feel like this is something that should be addressed by management, surely this weekend could not have been an isolated event.

1  Thank Lori D

Greetings,

I regret you had unhappy experience. However, I wish you would have brought all you concerns to my attention before checking out. I do apoligize you had to wait so long to reach your room, but we are listening to every complaint and concerns you express, were are taking every precautions,improving guestarrive and always working on our customer service. Thanks always for your feedback ! We are listening!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

.......don't check in around 3 if there is a big baseball game the weekend. Hopefully this was an isolated incident and I'll get into it later in the review, but first:

The Pros: BEAUTIFUL Hotel, the suites are beautiful,clean,really lovely decor, nice airy feeling and windows with great views of the city.Two large flat screen tv's and free wiFi. GREAT deal for the money. The staff was wonderful considering....and here it come:

The Braves were playing the Cubs Friday - Sunday and the fans who came for the Friday game apparently filled up the rooms so when they checked out on Sat. am., the staff couldn't get all the rooms cleaned on time for the next crowd checking in. When we got there at 3pm Sat, the check- in line was out the door. Took about 40 minutes to get to the check- in desk and then it was announced they were calling guests as rooms were cleaned. Thinking going standby at a crowded airport...people sitting on the floor in the lobby, etc. Having a good attitude was helpful and actually met some nice people while waiting for our room to be cleaned (except for those parents of those two 11 or 12 yr old boys who were crammed on the couch next to me...their boys were wrestling and burping into eachother's face while their parents were "busy" texting/playing on their iPhones ignoring their shananigans). After being there about 1.5 hrs, we had our name called!!!! I have to say, those poor employees checking people in and having to deal with irrate guests did they best they could and were really keeping it together professionally. Once we got into our room it was GREAT!!!!! Really beautiful. I was happily surprised. Probably one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in.

The area isn't the best but if you walk a few blocks it's fine. My daughter got a few wolf calls but you just keep walking and nobody pursues. Actually, when we were trying to find the shuttle to the ball game, people on the street were very helpful in helping with directions.
OH,and it's $20/night valet parking but believe me, you DON'T want to park your car on the street here!

Room Tip: Get a suite...very reasonable and beautiful.
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hotel itself was great as everyone else has said. Wonderful, clean accommodations for the money. However, girlfriends beware because it is directly at the entrance to the Underground and the people hanging around the street corner were sketchy at best! Within 2 minutes of sitting in valet parking with the car running, a man attempted to car jack it with me and my infant and 7 year old daughters in the back seat while waiting for our friends to check in.
Later that day I was stopped and ahh.. propositioned by a man who saw me walking down the street in broad daylight and waited for me at a street crossing. We were told by the security guard that he did not recommend we go out at night without a security escort and got several raised eyebrows from local store owners who asked where we were staying.
Again, the hotel is nice and I know the surroundings are not their fault but fellow girl groups and families with young children should be forewarned of the neighborhood. I would not stay again simply because I felt unsafe.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends