“Overall it was great!”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #114 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed January 2, 2011

First the bad part-like a previous reviewer I stayed at the hotel during a period that covered New Years 2011. New Years Eve all sorts of undesireable people were at the hotel to party-some downstairs at the bar and some seemed to be holding private parties in their rooms. I'm not some stuffy old party-pooper but the noise and activity was ridiculous. I agree that it sounded like some kind of mini-riot or something. My family and I stayed in our room because of all the loud activity by lots of guys who looked like gangbangers.

Then we were awoken after 2 a.m. because someone decided to pull the fire alarm for fun. As you can imagine, we were terrified as we looked for the exits to evacuate. When we saw that nothing seemed to be happening, the staff informed us it was a false alarm. We were so shaken up that we had a hard time getting back to sleep. In the morning the hallway was littered in broken champagne glasses, food and general debris. We did complain about being woken up by the false alarm and were given a 30% discount for that night.

Now for the good part! Everything at this place was great! The suites were roomy with a full kitchen with stainless appliances including a dishwasher. The spacious bathroom has a stackable washer/dryer in the closet which was super-convenient. Everything was clean and the staff were really friendly although I agree that when calling the front desk the phone would ring off the hook and one would have to try several times to get someone.

Atlantic Station itself is fantastic! Everything is within walking distance and there is TONS of security. You don't see any rough characters hanging around or vagrants looking for handouts. There's a Publix right next to the hotel and a Target about two minutes walk away. We shopped at both those places and were able to prepare food in our suite which kept food costs down. Atlantic Station has lots of nice stores and a great Multiplex and Ten Pin Bowling Alley was great. I loved this area and definitely will be back.

Twelve was great-I'd highly recommend it although I WILL NOT ever again stay over New Years. I'd just advise the management to get on top of this for future celebrations and either be more vigilant in who they allow to check in and/or have more security on that night.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed at Twelve because it was convenient to a venue we were attending and was advertised as a Preferred Boutique hotel. While most good boutique hotels emphasize service, this one seems to alienate its guests. We were unable to get either room service or the front desk to answer the telephone, even though the Lobby Bar was doing a robust business. When we checked out, we had to wait over thirty minutes to get our car from the valet, despite the fact that only a few other guests were checking out at the time. The suite was very nicely appointed and comfortable, but the poor service will prevent us from staying at this hotel again. For the price, you can stay somewhere else just as nice and take a cab to Atlantic station.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2010

My husband and daughter and I have stayed two times at Twelve and we loved it. The rooms were great. Very roomy, sort of like an upscale studio apartment. My husband and I had a king size bed with a very comfortable, thick upgraded mattress and tons of pillows. My daughter slept on the sofa which opened into a very comfortable bed. She said it was comfortable and she is very picky. The bedroom and living area were seperated by a wall but no door that you could close. There was a TV in both rooms. There was also a computer with high speed internet in the living area. There was also a very nice full kitchen with everything you would need for cooking a meal if you were so inclined. We only used the refrigerator and microwave. The refrigerator was full sized. The sofa was probably a little bigger than a love seat but not as big as a usual sofa. You do have to specify that you want a sofa that makes into a bed because all of them do not. The room is really quite spacious and the bathroom is too. It has a seperate shower and garden tub. The location though is the best thing. It is right in the Atlantic Station area and you can just walk out the door into a very safe area that has shops, restaurants, a small grocery store and even a movie theatre.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I stayed at the Twelve for my birthday weekend with several of my friends. Everything was amazing. The room was emulate when we arrived, the attendants were very helpful, the view from the balcony was beautiful, and the cost for the suite was reasonable. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and I definitely plan on returning. Suggestion: Instead of utilizing the valet parking if you are staying for one night, I suggest you park in the Atlantic Station parking deck. The one day stay rate was far cheaper than valet.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank msjkayj
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Very nice upscale hotel more like an apartment. full kitchen living room with a seperate bedroom. I enjoyed it. Great if you will be staying for an extended period.

Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Stayed at the Twelve Atlantic Station for two nights while visiting Atlanta for the CF Bowl. Booked a two room suite for my family of four. On New Year's Eve we were awaken by the fire alarm at 1:30 in the morning. Used the fire exits and waited in the cold on the street for the hotel staff to inform us when we could return. NO HOTEL STAFF ever came outside to let us know what was going on. After being harassed by very shading characters on the street we decided to return inside where we heard from others in the lobby - NOT THE HOTEL STAFF -that a fire alarm had been falsely pulled in the Ballroom. We returned to our rooms and the alarms finally were quieted BUT that was just the beginning of our nightmare. Very large, very loud parties were taking place in several rooms on our floor. A call to the front desk at 1:45 resulted in NOTHING being done. The parties were spilling out into the halls - shouting, drinking and screaming. Another call at 3:00 am finally brought the security guard but as soon as he was gone the noise began again. If I thought I could have retreived my car and gotten out of the hotel safely I would have left in the middle of the night but I was afraid to go out of my room at that point. It sounded like a riot. outside of the lobby near the ballroom. In the morning when we checked out we explained to the attendant what had happened during the night including the fireworks that were set off in the hall and out on a balcony at 4:00 am. He said "I am sorry". He also said that the police were so busy dealing with fights in the lobby that they could not respond to our needs. Did I say this place is NOT SAFE!! We asked for an adjustment to our bill and was offered on a 10 percent discount for our sleepless night. NOT ACCEPTABLE!! They also tried to charge us for parking three cars when we only had one. Hotel management has an obligation to provide for the safety of customers. This management doesn't even come close and they really don't care. Apparently the rights of the partiers were much greater than our rights to a safe hotel room. BYW the maid service consisted of picking up our wet dirty towels from the floor and hanging them back on the towel rack. GROSS! The computer system that they advertise is a joke.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank virginiavisitor60
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Stayed here for four nights on business. It is near Georgia Tech in an area recently re-developed. Lots of steel and concrete. I think there are residences at the top. Decent fitness facility. Highlight was the lobby-bar/restaurant which is managed by an outside firm. Manager and staff of bar/restaurant were great. Ate at the bar one night and watched Monday Night Football one evening. Good vibe and the food was good. Rooms are like a studio apartment...large. Sitting area w/tv, desk, couch, dining table and kitchen. Separate area for bed w/ tv. Aesthetic was a bit cold feeling with all concrete...personal preference.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business