“Fantastic hotel”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #112 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here for three nights (wish it was longer) bringing our three week roadtrip to an end. We had the most fantastic room on the 6th floor, the room was an apartment with kitchen, huge bathroom, lounge and a balcony with amazing views of the city skyline. Everything was perfectly clean and the bed was so comfy. We had floor to ceiling windows in the lounge and bedroom. We even had a washer and dryer so we were able to catch up on our dirty washing save bringing it all home. The staff on reception were excellent, really friendly, helpful and very efficient. The location is perfect with Atlantic station complex of shops and eateries right on your doorstep, in the other direction there is a lovely park to wander through. There is a free shuttle but we walked to the Marta station across the bridge, not far at all and took the train as far as we could then walked to the Zoo and back around Oakland Cemertary really interesting. We also took the train to peachtree mall downtown. Everything was easy and everyone friendly we had no problems walking anywhere. I cant say enough about this hotel, we had just spent three weeks touring around in 18 different hotels and none came close to this, we have also stayed in London, England lots of times and this will remain our best stay. Thank you 'Twelve' for making the end of our roadtrip so perfect.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible for the views
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Citygogetter,

Thanks for the fabulous review. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed a great final three days in Atlanta after your travels around the USA. Our suites are ideal for relaxing and spreading out a little. I will share your great comments about the front desk staff with the team. Thank you for staying with us and perhaps we will be able to welcome you back on a future trip.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed in the Twelve 3 mths ago for a one night staycation. The desk service and valet service were very poliet when I arrived. The standard room is very spacious with kitchen, great bathroom, and all amenities. The sheets on the bed, however; smelled like mold. I called the front desk and they informed me that housekeeping was unavailable to change the sheets after 5p or 6p, but they would try to find someone to change the linen. When I returned from leaving the hotel, the sheets were changed, which was great. The location is the in the middle of Atlantic Statio, so I was inwalking distance of many stores, resteraunts, and the movie theatre. When I checked out, it took 30 minutes due to problems with their computer, which was an inconveniance. I also had to wait and extra twenty minutes for valet, who could be reached by phone from the front desk at the time. Overall, great location, okay room, okay staff, definite room for improvement, may go back, but not worth the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tewana P

Dear Tewana P

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the room and our Atlantic Station neighborhood. I note your constructive comments and will share them with the team so that we can work on improving our service consistency.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at this Atlantic Station hotel for the first time over Memorial Day. It is lovely, and great for an extended stay since there is a full kitchen and washer dryer. The front desk staff are very affable, and the bar hops. There is an excellent choice of restaurants in the station as well as shopping venues. There is a full fitness center, pool, and restaurant. It is modern and clean. We will likely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower floors must be noisy due to traffic in the area and bar.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Linda C,

Thank you for posting a review about your visit to the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be lovely. Atlantic Station is a great neighborhood with many stores and amenities just a short walk from the hotel. I hope that you enjoyed the holiday weekend and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Check-In was fast and easy. Numerous stores and great restaurants for every budget. Beautiful hotel and relaxing rooms. Great vacation right at home. Oh! Publix is next door and rooms have full kitchens, if you want home cooking.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Nickey G,

Thank you for posting a great review about your recent stay at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am happy to read that you found our accommodations to be relaxing which is important when travelling on vacation. Atlantic Station is a great neighborhood with many great shops and amenities just a short stroll from the front of the hotel and an ideal base location to explore Atlanta. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Everything about this hotel was impressive. The valet and desk staff members were very friendly and helpful. When I walked in my room I was pleasantly surprised to see a full kitchen beautifully designed with stainless appliances. The refrigerator had a water and ice dispenser, which was very convenient. There was also a living room area, and the bedroom was very large. The bathroom had a lighted makeup mirror, which was a nice feature. There was also a large balcony outside. The only thing missing was some patio furniture on the balcony.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear KC262,

Thank you for the great review and I am happy to read that you were impressed by our hotel. We aim to create a home away from home for our guests and our amenities reflect the comfort and convenience of home. I will share your excellent comments about our staff and service with the team. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

A "loft" style hotel with a kitchen, living room and sizable bed and bath -- a great option particularly for 2+ nights. Access to a full kitchen, with a Publix grocery store just steps away makes for a comfortable stay. A starbucks in the lobby and plenty of other "mall-like" options in the heart of midown make for a solid location (for example, a full grocery, a sports bar, clothing stores for men and women, movie theaters -- all within the walking distance of the Atlantic Station).

If you are traveling from the airport, you can take the Marta to the Arts Center station and take the free Atlantic Station shuttle over the bridge to the hotel. No need to get a car.

Why three stars?

- Room smelled stuffy
- No bathmat; towels are not top quality
- Neither of the TVs worked the morning of my stay
- Very weak wireless internet

Service was very nice, however, and I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Rooms above the second floor have balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AtlantaGATrvlr
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear AtlantGATrvlr,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the service provided and we appreciate that you would recommend us to others. Atlantic Station is a great area with many conveniences and ideal for a leisurely stroll without having to go too far from the hotel. I will share your constructive comments with the team and we will work on being more consistent in these areas.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Twelve is a local boutique hotel operator with two properties. I stayed in both and had wonderful experiences, but the Atlantic Station one is click better due to its walkable location with retail (Dillards and numerous stores), restaurants and movie theaters a few steps away. Rooms are all suites with full kitchens (a grocery store with extensive prepared selections is next door), luxurious bathrooms, and huge spaces. Rooms are very quiet, free wireless is strong. Restaurant (Lobby) is excellent, service is superb. A friend staying at Marriott Marquis visited my room: "Wow! we're paying what you are for a room 1/4 this size and they're charging us $14 day for really poor internet access." my new fave hotel in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southeast end have spectacular skyline views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mary M,

Thank you for the super review and thanks for being a patron of both TWELVE Hotels in Atlanta. The amenities and convenience of Atlantic Station make it a very popular destination and having a Publix grocery store just a shrt stroll from the hotel is a great convenience. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotels service and amenities and we are extremely happy to be your new "fave hotel" in Atlanta.