“Weekend Getaway at Twelve Atlantic Station”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #107 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Mobile
“Weekend Getaway at Twelve Atlantic Station”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the first time that I stayed at this hotel, and I was glad that I chose Twelve Atlantic Station. I was debating between booking the Atlantic Station location and the Centennial Park location. I was happy with my choice, which was the Atlantic Station location. The room was clean and very spacious. The room also had great views (floor to ceiling windows). Also, check in/check out was a breeze. The hotel is in a great location, and is within walking distance of great restaurants, boutiques, and a Publix grocery store. The only time that we had to use our car was when we went out for the evening, so the convenience of having so many shopping and dining options within walking distance was great. Valet service was also prompt and courteous. The only areas for improvement would be the pool. The pool had what appeared to be leaves and some debris floating around in it. I'm not much of a swimmer, but that may be an issue for someone who wanted to take a few laps in the pool. Other than that, the hotel was great and my husband and I had a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear MusicFanFirst,

Delighted to read that you were happy with your choice of accommodations at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. Atlantic Station is a great and convenient neighborhood in midtown which we are happy to be a part of. It offers many conveniences in walking distance that other parts of the city do not. It is always great to read comments from our guests where they appreciate the service that they received so thank you for that. Your comments on the pool are noted and we will make extra efforts to ensure that this area is in excellent condition.

John Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It is a condo hotel. Only the 2-6 floors are hotel rooms, the above higher floors are residences.
The hotel rooms are built same as condo rooms with kitchen. However I could see some little things such as safe box, door lock, coffee maker....etc broken one by one due to the poor hotel maintenance.

The staff is nice and the location is great. There is a supermarket nearby which you can buy groceries if you would like to cook in the hotel rooms. There are plenty shopping and restaurants nearby. The hotel room has a computer you can check the web which is convenient. But the software pre-loaded in the computer is out of date which doesn't work on some web. The free WiFI has poor signal which stops intermittently. It seems the hotel has advanced technology built in maybe 5 years ago but didn't continue improving it.

For the room rate I pay, I don't see good value. The hotel lobby is 4 stars. The rooms maybe used to be 4 stars but clearly being abused heavily. The infrastructures are only 3 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jon W
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Jon W,

Thanks for the review and the feedback comments. I am sorry that your experience was lessened by the maintenance issues that you described. I will share your comments with the engineering team. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the convenience of Atlantic Station and the service that our staff provided.

Jacksonville
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed here and again I am most impressed
The staff is friendly efficient and professional. The rooms are quite stylish comfortable and huge
Usually boutique hotels are overpriced and the rooms are small
Not here this is probably one of the best values ever.
I highly recommend staying here when in Atlanta

• Stayed April 2013
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear samjacobson,

Thank you for posting a super review on your recent stay at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am glad that you enjoyed our large suites and found us to represent good value. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

after experiencing a terrible time at ahotel downtown i arrived here with a smile the lobby was nice got in my room and felt like i never left home the view was beautiful staff was nice valet and bellmens were sweet i didnt want to leave i will be returning love this hotel what i started with and what i ended with huge difference i can say thanks staff

• Stayed March 2013
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear lovnl,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am glad that although your visit to Atlanta did not start well it did indeed end on a high note. I appreciate you writing some great comments about your experiences with the staff at the hotel which I will be sharing with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occassion.

sincely,

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I must admit I was terrified of staying at this hotel due to all the horrible reviews about the rude staff, but the experience that my best friend and I had at the Twelve was nothing short of spectacular. The room was like nothing I had ever seen -- basically an upscale apartment because the whole building was slated for condos but plans changed, turning half the building into condos and the other into a hotel. There were giant windows all the way across one wall offering an amazing view of the area. The kitchen had granite counter tops and was fully stocked with dishes, dishwasher, everything. There was even a washer/dryer in our room!

I must say that front desk staff Cranston played a major role in our enjoyment of this hotel. We very much enjoyed his bubbly personality, warm smile and sense of humor. He was helpful and kind.

Tip - Save a bunch by parking in the garage beneath Atlantic Station. It's $14/night and gives you access to all parts of Atlantic Station, and is well-lit and secure.

Room Tip: Ask for the 6th floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear amyleighbanjo,

Thank you for the great review and also for highlighting the service that you received from Cranston. I will be sure to recognize him personally. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our suites, they are certainly very spacious and equipped with all of the comforts of home. Thank you for giving us a try on this visit and I hope that we see you on your next trip to Atlanta.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the best hotel that I have visited in Atlanta, and one of the best values anywhere in the United States.

The good points:

Great location in the heard of a redeveloped shopping and commercial area

Excellent staff

Large, stylish, very well equipped rooms

I would make up excuses to return to Atlanta just to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: The post-modern design and decor of the guest rooms might not be to everyone's taste. However...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear NKC,

WOW is such a great title for a review. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and loved what the hotel has to offer. Our suites are large, comfortable and ideal for spreading out and relaxing. Your excellent comments about our staff are noted and I will be sharing them with the team. I hope we see you on a future visit.

Opelika, Alabama
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife & I have stayed at the Twelve (Atlantic Station) 3 times in the last four years. It is in an excellent location...close to a decent selection of restaurants & eateries, a gym, movie theater, bank & ATM, market (Publix) and great shopping area (Dillard's, etc.) We are seniors and the walk is not over-extensive. Everything here is within walking distance. The Lobby at the hotel is not a bad place to eat & drink either. The food is very tasty and reasonable. Parking is the drawback...I think it was $25 @ day to valet. Parking in the Atlantic Station lot (underground and very close by) is $14.00 @ day. Free internet access with pc-desk-chair is good. The OS is not updated but service requests and browsing is efficient. Towels were a bit linty but that is easily correctable. Every time we come the staff acts very professional and all of our requests are answered in a timely manner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RonPerry6344,

Thank you for posting your "Good Spot" review about your recent visit to TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. It is always great to get feedback from a regular visitor. Atlantic Station is very convenient and having so many amenities just a short stroll from the hotel makes TWELVE a great base from which to explore the area. I will share your comments with the team who I am sure will be very appreciative. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.