“AWESOME PLACE”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #112 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed for only one night because I had to attend a charitable function in the hotel. WOW. The room had a full kitchen with granite tops, stools, full stove and double sink, and then you had to sneak around the corner to dine the beds, closet, and HUGE bathroom. It was a $500 room I got at a steal. And the location was terrific -- you can walk to so many stores AND a Starbucks is in the lobby. I would stay here again in an instant!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear FrugalButFirstClass,

Thanks for writing a great review about your recent visit to TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I love the WOW statement. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were appreciative of the spacious accommodations. Atlantic Station is a great and convenient neighborhood with many conveniences just a stroll from the hotel front door. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the occasion to spend a night in Atlanta for a business meeting and stayed at 12. My accommodations were arranged for me so I had done no research on where I was staying so I had no preconceived notions.
To my delight I arrived at The 12 and immediately was impressed not only by the apse sign but the helpfulness of the staff.
My room was a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen. In the am I had to leave before the kitchen was open however the maitre d brought me coffee in the lobby and arranged to preorder my breakfast so I would not keep my driver waiting
The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was perfect. What really impressed me were the quality of the towels offered
in the bathroom. They were better than any hotel bathroom I have ever stayed in.
This hotel is a gem

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear samjacobson,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by our hotel. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

First let me stay this hotel is nice, big rooms, nice bathrooms clean but the customer service was absolutly horrible. We were there for a wedding and we were not the only family who ran into customer service issues. When our friends checked in they were given 3 differnt rooms all 3 had people in them, they walked in on 3 differnt families. The front desk attendant told the family after that they would have to wait a couple hours for this to get fixed (this was defiantly after the 3:00 check in time) We had the loudest humming noise coming from our bedroom, you could hear it when you walked in. We called someone up to see about it because we could not sleep. as we checked out the front desk told us beacause we choose not to switch rooms there was nothing they could do (it was 2:00am, why would we switch rooms at 2:00 am, at that point we should just leave we were checking out at 8:00am) The sad thing was no one seemed to care about any of our issues. There never was a manager on duty and we told only a manager could make changes, we were told they would call and at least speak to us but still to this day no one has called.
I just expected more customer service from a hotel like this. Reading from other reviews we weren't the first family to have these problems. There are lots of other hotel to choose from around the area that are just as convent and nice!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank GAtravler123

Dear GAtraveler123,

While I am glad to read that you enjoyed our product I am dissapointed that you were less than satisfied with the service. It is clear from your post that there has been no follow up and for that I am truly sorry. Please email me your telephone number and a convenient time to call. I look forward to discussing your experience with you.

jreilly@twelvehotels.ocm

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at Twelve in Atlantic Station for a few days during our wedding weekend. The location was perfect for our midtown wedding, and the room rates are totally reasonable. The one bedroom is so spacious that we hosted our cake and champagne celebration with about 20 people in our room. Valets were relatively quick, housekeeping was friendly and helpful, and the front desk staff made our stay hassle free – special recognition to Nate (valet) and Teresa (front desk). We had several guests reserve rooms during the event and managed to leave behind a couple of things (alcohol and an iron). Almost a week after we had checked out I called the hotel to inquire about the left behind items. They actually had them held for us to pick up! I was impressed. The bed could have been more comfortable - it seemed somehow lumpy, but the linens were good and the atmosphere is quiet nice. Also, I'm a neat freak and didn't find anything to complain about in that regard.

The fitness center is spacious and extremely clean – I even saw housekeeping spraying and wiping down the walls! The only area of trouble was getting items to use in the kitchen. I requested a baking sheet and a can opener, on separate occasions. Neither made it to the room. However, when I used the in room computer to request additional linens, that was handled promptly and extremely thoroughly. We couldn’t have run out of towels if we tried!

One thing to know is that the hotel is quite secure. Your room key will get you on your floor and the pool/fitness center level, but not on any other floors. Great from a security standpoint, but can be somewhat tricky if you do have members of your group on various floors. Thankfully the two elevators were fast enough that you could usually just meet in the lobby and go where you needed to.

The bar in the hotel is also a good place to meet up with people for a drink. We had several friends meet us one evening for cocktails in a revolving door format. The waiter was able to keep up with everyone as they arrived or needed checks.

We stayed from Wednesday through Sunday. The atmosphere was quiet and adult until Saturday night when there seemed to be a good deal more partying, including some sort of impromptu car show in the valet area. This has happened to me at other Atlanta hotels so it might just be par for the course. The noise wasn't enough to complain about, but I have the feeling that if I had, it would have been handled promptly.

Room Tip: I enjoyed our room overlooking Atlantic Station on the hotel entrance side. You can open your balcon...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear CSATLMD,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit to TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. Congratualtions to you on your wedding and I am delighted to read that you chose us as the venue for your special occassion. I appreciate the feedback and will be sure to recognize both Nate and Teresa for providing great service. Perhaps we will see you back at the hotel to celebrate your first year together--(send me a note if you do). I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

jreilly@twelvehotels.com

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at Twelve Atlantic Station briefly this week - I've been through the lobby before, and it looked elegant and upscale, so I was looking forward to trying out the room. We arrived to find that valet is the only parking option (and they definitely charge you for the privilege). Ok, no problem. Once we sent the car away we went inside to find that my reservation had been lost. Only when I produced the email proving I had a reservation did they dredge up a room, then only gave us two doubles.

The hallway looks like a nice-ish modern college dorm at the kind of school that doesn't clean the facilities regularly - nothing big, but someone had dropped a ripped up business card on the ground and it was still just lying there 36 hours later. Similar bits of litter decorated the hallway. There is a TV by the elevators with news on...but it is analog, not digital, and so out of focus you can't tell if you're watching Bill O'Reilly or Ann Coulter, and covered by foggy, scratched glass.

The room was just ok. There were some really neat elements to it, but there were cheap elements that looked less like a Hilton and more like Ikea (which by the way, it is extremely convenient to) - a cheap plasticky toilet that rocks loudly back and forth every time you stand up or sit down, sticky faux hardwood laminate floors in the entryway, toiletries that look like what you'd get at Motel 6, etc.

It absolutely has some redeeming features - the exposed cement ceilings and walls are fun, the balcony has great views of downtown ATL (though even if you get the "top floor" you'll only be on the 6th floor, dwarfed by the 45 floor building across the street) and the light fixtures are mostly attractive. Though the computer didn't work all that well, it is rare to find hotel rooms with computers in them so that was interesting, and the full kitchen would have been really useful if I was planning to cook.

Three stars for the balcony, exposed concrete, and the stellar location in Atlantic Station. Otherwise not particularly impressed, certainly not worth it at the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BlueBear92
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear BlueBear92,

Thank you for posting a review on your stay. I am sorry that we missed the opportunity to give you a better stay, but we will continue to focus on working hard to provide our guests with a great experience when they choose to stay at TWELVE.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great hotel convenient to Downtown Atlanta and all of it's attractions! Also, Atlantic Station is right out your front door with all of the restaurants and shops that it has to offer! Right down the street from the IKEA store as well!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dschearer30907

Dear Dshearer30907,

Thank you for posting a great review on your stay at TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. We are certainly situated in a great and very convenient neighborhood. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion.

regards,

John

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel. For a $200 a night room, I would expect the details to be better attended to. The front desk staff were unfriendly and snooty, making me prove to her that I had booked a deluxe suite. I had to bring the reservation up on my phone. She could have handled it much better. The rooms feel like you are living in shabby condo, circa 1997. The couch was stained and the room didn't really feel clean. The top half of the hotel is actually privately owned condos. The lower half feels like being in one of the units that didn't sell.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jason D,

I am dissapointed to read that you did not have a great stay as that is our first priority. I do appreciate your candid and valued feedback. I will speak with the housekeeping manager and relay your comments on the sofa.