“Not your ordinary hotel (in a good way)”

Twelve Atlantic Station
Ranked #108 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Fairfax, Virginia
“Not your ordinary hotel (in a good way)”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Loved my stay at this hotel. This appeared to be an all-suites hotel with rooms that were truly like mini-apartments with a full kitchen (plates, silverware, full-size fridge, even a dishwasher and pantry), living room, dining area, separate bedroom, huge bathroom, office space, and there is a doorbell outside in the hallway to each room. It felt incredibly decadent to have so much comfort while traveling. The office area was especially impressive and appreciated as a business traveler. A computer is provided with access to free Internet, but also a full range of options to access hotel amenities. You can order room service, notify the valet to pull up your car, etc. without ever getting up from the desk. Speaking of room service, I ordered the pasta bolognese and asparagus for dinner, which was excellent. For breakfast, I ordered the pancakes, which were good, but the turkey sausage was a little spongy. If I hadn't had such a busy schedule during my trip, I would have wanted to check out all of the local shops and restaurants that were within walking distance of the hotel. The decor of the hotel is very industrial / modern, which was very cool. The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and made every effort to be helpful.

Minor criticisms:
- Very difficult to find the hotel entrance by car from the highway and requiring maneuvering many side streets rather than being able to turn off of the main street.
- Floor to ceiling windows would have been impressive on the higher floors, but I was on the 2nd floor on a Thursday night making the crowds leaving the local bars and restaurants a little loud and distracting.
- The shower shelf was too small to accommodate even the tiny hotel bottles of shampoo, so things were constantly dropping at my feet, and the towels are all placed by the tub, and not easily accessible from the separate shower stall.

Overall, this was a great hotel and I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank khp_infairfax
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Dear khp_infairfax,

Thank you for the review on TWELVE Atlantic Station. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us. Our goal is to give our guests all the comforts of home in our spacious suites. I will be sure to pass on you comments about the hotel staff being incredibly friendly--they will be very appreciative of the feedback. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

John Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Central New Jersey
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I frequently go to ATL for work. So I've had the opportunity to stay at several different hotels in various parts of the city. So far, Twelve Atlantic station is my absolute favorite hotel in ATL. I certainly plan to make it my hotel of choice when going back.

The hotel is beautifully appointed with modern furnishings and decor. The hotel is clean. The room I got was essentially a 1-bedroom suite that had a comfortable living room (with flat screen TV and DVD player), a balcony, a spacious bathroom (which had a soaking tub and a shower), a comfortable bedroom and a full kitchen with full size appliances. The kitchen had plates and glasses for you to use. Pots and pans were available for free upon request. The living room also had a work desk that comes equipped with a desktop computer which is free for guests to use. This was a big plus to me as I welcomed the chance to shed 3 lbs. from my luggage by not having to bring my laptop with me. The staff at the hotel were impressively nice and friendly and very helpful. Room service was quick and the food was yummy. It was neat to find that I could easily order my room service on-line by using the desktop computer in the room. I especially enjoyed the shrimp and grits I ordered as a dinner appetizer. Being located in the recently redeveloped Atlantic Station area, the hotel is within walking distance of a supermarket, as well as countless restaurants and shops. This convenient location which allowed me to walk to nearby amenities was so refreshing to me given how Atlanta is so car-dependent.

Being away from downtown Atlanta made this hotel even more attractive to me as it made my ride to and from the airport easier since I didn't have to deal with downtown Atlanta traffic.

One thing I do have to say is that if you're in town looking to site see, this might not be the best location for you as it's farther from all the touristy action. You'd definitely need a car if you were staying here and wanted to check out famous sites like the Coke museum, the aquarium, and even the MLK memorial.

At first glance, the hotel's rates can seem a bit steep. However, after doing some research on their web site, I found some great deals that brought the cost down and made it very reasonably priced.

Overall, this is a glowing review of this hotel. I absolutely loved, loved, loved it here and would absolutely go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Lynnja
Dear Lynnja,

Thank you for writing a review on TWELVE Atlantic Station. I am glad to read that you had a great experience with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Atlanta.

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I enjoyed the sophisticated look of this hotel. It was chic and very modern. It was in the center of a huge business district so there was plenty to do and see. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Dear Kimmoore,

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay at TWELVE Atlantic Station. Thanks for the great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

regards,

Toronto
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We have just spent a long weekend in Atlanta at the Twelve Hotel and Residences at Atlantic Station. The location was lovely, a planned community with a Central Park for events, shops and restaurants, a supermarket and this hotel. Our room was actually a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, eating area, massive washroom (I loved the walk-in shower) and a bedroom. It had lots of closet space and was nicely decorated. Although there was a computer in the room, we used the business centre when we needed to print our boarding passes.
The staff was friendly and attentive, taking care of any special needs quickly. The Lobby restaurant was very convenient, with good choices and tasty food.
We recommend this location to any visitors to Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Marsha Toronto,

Thank you for posting a review of TWELVE Hotel Atlantic Station. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Atlantic Station is a great and convenient development that is an ideal base location for exploring Atlanta. We hope tyo welcome you back on your next trip.

regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I stay here for 6 days in end oct, very nice hotel, cozy, staffs are very efficient and helpful.
I arrived way too early at 8am, but they let me get in.
The only downside probably are location n in room wifi. Need effort to around (Have to use taxi) or take a free shuttle bus (every 15 mins) to closest marta station - art center (about 1-2 km away).

• Stayed October 2011
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Dear Dodiajala,

Thank you for writing a review about TWELVE Hotel in Atlantic Station. I like the caption of neat and cozy as we really want to make our hotel feel like a home away from home for our guests. I will have engineering check the wifi signal strength on the guest floors to ensure that all wifi units are working well. I will also share your positive staff comments with the team. Thank you and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I visited the restaurant (lively and entertaining but super slow), Lobby @12 with friends and had a great time so I decided to celebrate my birthday weekend here as well by booking a 1 bedroom suite. Check in was quick and simple and the Lobby where the restaurant is located was lively as usual. My party of 5 took the elevator up to the 4th floor where we entered a beautiful suite. I'm talking hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances, balcony overlooking the city etc etc it had a chic uptown contemporary feel. The only downfall is the hallway doesn't quite match the room and could use a little updating and a few other cosmetic items such as the table was scratched and there was a hole in the bathroom door. The location of the hotel is excellent with more than enough parking space in the parking deck which is appx a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel. Some tips I would like to offer is this: 1. be prepared to pay for parking, around $14 with no in and out privileges but the first 2 hours are free 2. room service may be a little slow at times so be prepared to wait (and to tip) 3. utilize the front desk workers, they seemed to be very knowledgeable 4. a 1 bedroom suite is spacious and just enough room to accommodate 5 adults but definitely no more than that 5. shopping is a must! lots and lots of shops are within walking distance
and lastly, I would definitely return for a stay here; heck if I were single I would move here

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTH, General Manager at Twelve Atlantic Station, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear k c,

Thank you for posting a review after your visit to TWELVE. I am delighted to read your comments on your stay and your impression of the hotel as chic and contemporary. We think so too. We will focus on working a little harder so we get that 10 on your next visit. I hope that your birthday weekend was great.

best regards,

Belfast, Maine
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I had a mini-vacation with my true love in Atlanta at the Twelve Atlantic Station. The pictures are what made us make the reservation and we were so happy that they truely were a representation of the room. It was a great overall experience to be able to stay at the hotel and walk around Atlantic Station during the day, catch a movie, eat and go shopping. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will be back next year.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor with the balcony and loved to go out on the balcony at night.