“Interesting historical visit”
Review of Carter Center

Carter Center
Ranked #22 of 298 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum honoring former U.S. President Jimmy Carter.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice place to visit in Atlanta. There is an admission fee. Be sure to watch the movie first as it is very informative. I went on a Saturday and it wasn't busy at all. There Is a restaurant on site but it is closed an the weekends. Plan to spend a couple of hours. Not sure I would recommend this for children.

1  Thank DrSteve6872
All reviews
"presidential library"
in 25 reviews
"replica of the oval office"
in 5 reviews
"legacy"
in 8 reviews
"libraries"

Reviewed March 19, 2013

After a brief ride on a MARTA bus, we were there! So easy!

Excellent museum display of history. I learned so much about both Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter, as did my husband, though we're old enough to remember. From their childhood days through the present, the exhibits kept us interested.

Interactive exhibits designed for kids, too. And there was a depth of information for those who cared to linger and learn.

Allow time for a walk of the lovely grounds, too.

Food not available on weekends.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have taken to visiting the Presidential Library closest to us whenever we travel. It was a pleasure to see the life of President Carter to his role in politics today. The Carter Center does justice to telling his story and doing it respectfully. Though President Carter is my least favorite President, I now respect him far more then I had before going here.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

A little off the beaten track from bustling downtown but that is part of the fun. Easy to get to by bus or inexpensive cab ride. Museum is very interesting with lots of interactive displays, lots of videos and memorabilia. The grounds are lovely with walking trails and wish I was there on a sunny day. The spirit of his pst-presidency days permeates throughout. Nearby is a wonderful place for lunch, Manuel's, that is a pleasant walk.