“uninspiring”
Review of Carter Center

Carter Center
Ranked #44 of 291 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum honoring former U.S. President Jimmy Carter.
Toledo, Ohio
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“uninspiring”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Having heard how great the Carter Center was, we were surprosed to be so disappointed in it. Nothing "wow" about it at all. It may be de rigeur if you are a presidential groupie, but aside from that, there's far more fun and interesting sights to see in Atlanta.

retiredJB
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Relive some history here”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Seeing the displays of the Carter family photos and seeing the Bible that President Carter was sworn in on - those things made the Carters "human". This was a particuly well thought out facility.

It was interesting to see some of the gifts that the First Family members were given by other countries.

You could go through at your own pace and also had access to the beautiful grounds.

At the time we went, senior admission was only $6.00 and parking was free.

The cafe was closed when we were there, so it may just serve special events.

Twain Harte, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“First Prez Library Visit”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Took MARTA and a bus here. Beautiful grounds. Very interesting to see/hear the story of a President's life and term in office. President Carter is a shining example of a role model!!
Would like to see other Prez libraries, now.

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Who Knew?”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband planned an interesting day for us, and we went here for our 20th anniversary... and President Carter signed his most recent book! We got there very early (to get on line) and had a chance to really go through the museum.
I had never fancied myself a Carter enthusist, but I've changed my mind after visiting his library! This place really opened my eyes to what a great man and an outstanding president Jimmy Carter really was! You should experience it for yourself!

Visited October 2011
Bethesda, TN
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“OK now I am glad I voted for Carter!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is my second Presidental Museum. I have to say that the Kennedy in Boston is better, but this one is also very good. I remember 1970's and visitng the museum was like taking a page from a Yearbook. I especially liked reading more about Jimmy Carter's life before he went into public office and all the work that he has done since leaving Office. The gardens are also lovely. There is no place to eat at the museum on the weekend, but there is a good neighborhood place within walking distance. It is called Manuel's Tavern. Just ask the man at the bookstore for directions.

Visited September 2012

Been to Carter Center? Share your experiences!