“Great Time”

Ranked #1 of 292 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Georgia Aquarium is the world's most magical aquarium. Situated near Centennial Olympic Park and World of Coca-Cola in downtown Atlanta,Georgia, Georgia Aquarium offers its guests an experience like no other. Across six separate galleries, with more than 70 amazing habitats, 10 million gallons of water and thousands of species of marine animals, guests will marvel at, learn about and come to better understand such majestic aquatic animals as whale sharks, manta rays, dolphins, beluga whales, sea otters, African penguins and thousands of species of exotic fish and other animals. The spectacular AT&T Dolphin Tales show combines incredible natural animal behaviors with dynamic theatrics, a Broadway-inspired musical score and a compelling story, which together underscore the connection between humans and the animal world. The animated "Deepo's Undersea 3D Wondershow," for all ages, tells an entertaining but important story about conserving and protecting animals and their natural environment. Cafe Aquaria offers delicious sandwiches, salads, pizza, pasta and delectable desserts. Two gift shops give visitors the chance to take home a treasured collectible. Special animal encounter programs offer the chance to go behind the scenes and come face-to-face with dolphins, sea otters and penguins. Guests can even swim or dive with whale sharks and manta rays in the world's largest aquarium habitat (at 6.3 Million gallons), Ocean Voyager built by the Home Depot. And an onsite parking deck immediately adjacent to the aquarium means quick, easy-to-find and affordable parking.
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Really worth the trip. The dolphin show was terrific, It was half broadway show and half dolphin. Well integrated. I'm not sure how I feel about the captivity issue, but the show was jaw dropping. Very nice displays of many types of critters. The only thing I didn't like were the penguins. The smell was so bad, I couldn't get out fast enough.

Write a ReviewReviews (18,640)
All reviews
in 752 reviews
"trainers"
in 277 reviews

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Dad paid for us because even with 20% off for military discount it was close to $30 per person. I paid $10 for on site garage parking. We chose the aquarium for today because of the rain, it never stopped. Anyway, it's pretty awesome for kids and adults alike. I don't want to compare it to the Chattanooga aquarium because they are different but not necessarily superior. This is definitely one of the best tourists attractions we've found in ATL and all of the tourism websites agree. The dolphin show is what will make the trip most memorable for us, such wonderful animals. If I have a complaint about the dolphin show it would be the cheesey humans and the terribly uncomfortable seats. The dolphins rocked. It was a little too crowded the Sunday before Christmas 2013 but probably better than the summer season. It's gonna cost you a pretty penny but I recommend this attraction to all.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I grew up on the west coast, one of the best wall dives there is. I really enjoyed the aquarium, loved the dolphin encounter (closes I have gotten to them and I love dolphins), so it was a treat for me to be able to spend that time with one. Yes, it is a little pricy but the money goes into the aquarium. Despite living by the ocean my whole life, we don't always get opportunities to see what aquarium's offer, and learn to appreciate the sea life, we won't otherwise see or know about. I love the ray pool (similar to Sea World - and I am sure others), another awesome experience. They have really nice displays to view the sea life in. It was very cool to see the live shark embryo, the different jellyfish, seahorses. Loved it all. I would love to go back to the dive experience.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The visit to the aquarium for me was average. I've been to many aquariums so it was not a big deal to me. It is a bit pricey especially for children. It maybe great for the first time visitor.