“Spectacular Dive”

Ranked #1 of 293 things to do in Atlanta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Georgia Aquarium is the world's most magical aquarium. Situated near Centennial Olympic Park and World of Coca-Cola in downtown Atlanta,Georgia, Georgia Aquarium offers its guests an experience like no other. Across six separate galleries, with more than 70 amazing habitats, 10 million gallons of water and thousands of species of marine animals, guests will marvel at, learn about and come to better understand such majestic aquatic animals as whale sharks, manta rays, dolphins, beluga whales, sea otters, African penguins and thousands of species of exotic fish and other animals. The spectacular AT&T Dolphin Tales show combines incredible natural animal behaviors with dynamic theatrics, a Broadway-inspired musical score and a compelling story, which together underscore the connection between humans and the animal world. The animated "Deepo's Undersea 3D Wondershow," for all ages, tells an entertaining but important story about conserving and protecting animals and their natural environment. Cafe Aquaria offers delicious sandwiches, salads, pizza, pasta and delectable desserts. Two gift shops give visitors the chance to take home a treasured collectible. Special animal encounter programs offer the chance to go behind the scenes and come face-to-face with dolphins, sea otters and penguins. Guests can even swim or dive with whale sharks and manta rays in the world's largest aquarium habitat (at 6.3 Million gallons), Ocean Voyager built by the Home Depot. And an onsite parking deck immediately adjacent to the aquarium means quick, easy-to-find and affordable parking.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I did the "Dive with the Gentle Giants" program and cannot say enough good things about the staff and the experience. I am new to diving, but can't imagine a better experience with marine life. The 4 whale sharks and the myriad of other sea life you get to be around are amazing. The in-water experience is about 30 minutes of cruising around the Voyager tank and looking at the critters. Afterwards you can buy a video of the experience, a very well done video, I would recommend to all who do this to buy. Good hot showers at the end too!

Write a ReviewReviews (18,461)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went to the Georgia Aquarium because of my love of the ocean and was completely overwhelmed with the greatness of the aquarium. My favorite place was the sea turtle. Majestic sea creatures are scattered all around and I can't help but think " This might be my favorite Atlanta location".

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I traveled by myself so I could observe this is a place to spend with kids and enjoy. I was in a business trip with a couple of hours to spare around the city and this was a good option do to so.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Georgia Aquarium, by far, is the ultimate when it comes to seeing what goes on beneath the sea. I was impressed by the numerous sections showcasing the marine life. Take your time to navigate throughout, should you decide to visit. All other aquariums I've seen in Clearwater FL, Chattanooga, TN, and even San Diego, CA pale in comparison to this one. The whales, dolphins, schools of fish….ENJOY!

It is rather expensive to visit the Aquarium, so I recommend either purchasing an Atlanta City Pass if you're a tourist or linking up with a friend that can get you a corporate discount on the tickets! I believe the Aquarium also had a great deal where you can enter for free on your birthday….check it out!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I liked every thing specially the dolphin show . we spent the whole morning there and we a had a great lunch and a great time . my kids loved every single thing in there .
one more thing to say : MUST DO

Been to Georgia Aquarium? Share your experiences!