“Boutique, trendy hotel in downtown Atlanta with friendly staff”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #50 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
chicago, il
“Boutique, trendy hotel in downtown Atlanta with friendly staff”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

The staff at the Glenn was very friendly and helpful. They always introduced themselves by name and were always willing to help. I asked to change rooms after the first night (couldn't sleep well with traffic noise outside my room) and they were happy to accommodate. The second room was much better noise-wise.

The beds are very comfy...almost heavenly.

The rooms are a bit on the small side (stayed in a Queen room booked through Expedia), but very clean and updated. My colleagues stayed at the Omni which seemed rather run-down by comparison (Beaten-up quilts--no down comforters--some with rips and stains on them. One person did not even have her room made-up for two days at the Omni!)

The rooftop lounge is also nice, with a beautiful view of downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Indonesian first
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I recently stayed at The Glenn Hotel in Atlanta. I'm a Marriott Rewards member so I was looking for a hotel in the Marriott 'family'. I was hoping for something different from the usual Marriott or Courtyard hotels. This hotel was definitely different. I was glad to find this hotel and was willing to try something different. The service was great right from the moment I walked in the door. Monica at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. Throughout my stay, she, and everyone else, remembered who I was and helped me with my little needs.

I would definitely stay here again when in downtown Atlanta.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
San Diego
Reviewed September 25, 2010

The staff are what makes this place
They are happy, warm and friendly from the minute you arrive
They make you feel like an old friend
The lobby bar is very nice and the food was good
But you can not beat the rooftop bar for a relaxing evening

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed at The Glenn during the UNC -LSU game. The hotel is centrally located and most attractions are within walking distance. Our room was not ready when we arrived but my husband and I were offered free drinks while we waited. Also, our bathroom lacked the usual toiletries offered by hIgh end hotels. But what makes this hotel stand out from the ordinary is its
exceptionally attentive staff.
Special thanks to Kizmet, Monica,
Angelica & Tony!

• Stayed September 2010
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 20, 2010

While I'm not a road warrior, I spend 80-100 nights per year on the road. Most hotels I visit are rather ordinary in their approach to service and taking a guest-centric attitude. The Glenn Hotel offers guests a level of service that exceeds those hotels that claim to be the best (e.g., Ritz Carlton). The staff take a genuine and personal interest in you and your comfort. This a full-service hotel that consistently exceeds expectations. If you're looking for an away-from-home experience that takes the drudgery out of travel and makes you feel special, The Glenn Hotel is a perfect fit. I will be back whenever I visit the metro Atlanta area.

South Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We had a group of 16 people that stayed at The Glenn Hotel. We had a wonderful time and was provided tremendous service by Bianca Sterling. The restuarnats, staff and lounges were excellent. One of the highlights was the rooftop lounge.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
ChiefHappinessOffice, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
Hello LSU fans!

Thanks so much for your kind review. Actually, we are checking with our designer for what may have been missing from your guest rooms. Our amenities are made by H20, are organic, and of the highest quality including Body Gel, Shampoo, Conditioner, Moisturizer, and 2 soaps. Hope to see you soon again and we will make sure you are well stocked. Be well and enjoy!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 17, 2010

awesome!! the staff is without a doubt the friendliest i've ever seen. from the personal host, monica, to the bellman,tony, it was absolutely great! i look forward to staying here again in the future, since i travel a lot with my company (our headquarters are just around the corner from the Glenn). Gets my strong reccommendation!