“Gorgeous hotel! ”

Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous hotel! ”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We were wowed by the chandelier in the glenn lobby. The hotel interior was really smart. The room was on the small side, as with many large city hotels. But it was a lovely room and the shower and toiletries were great.

In general staff were friendly enough although not the most top notch of service.

The location was amazing within easy walking distance to the main attractions of the city area, shops, bars etc.

I would recommend if coming to Atlanta. Rooms aren't a cheap but not sure how they compare to other comparable properties.

Stayed July 2014
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hello toffeegirlie,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear how impressed you were with the hotel. I take your comment regarding the service seriously. I assure you we strive every day to provide "top notch" service to our guests. We will use feedback such as yours as an opportunity to talk with our team.
We hope you visit us again on future visits to Atlanta!
Lukus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Indonesian first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I was here last week for work for the second time, and loved it once again. So, I thought it was time for a review. The Glenn is full of friendly staff and nice touches throughout the hotel, not to mention a killer rooftop patio and an awesome lobby bar.

My dinner in the lobby bar was terrific, but overshadowed by the fantastic cocktails made there. I had a Manhattan with hotel honey infused into the whiskey and it was just to die for.

The hotel was kind enough to offer me an upgrade to a suite this go around. The room was a decent size, and pretty cozy. It featured a living room with desk and refreshment station and a bedroom with king size bed and a totally open bathroom. I loved the concept and the graphic art on the shower.

Major small touches at Glenn include free bottled water, great bathroom amenities, great sheets and comfy beds and of course a very impressive shower head in the two rooms I've been in. This place has one of the best showers in downtown!

I'd love to come back, hopefully soon!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ittessot
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello ittessot,
Thank you for taking the time to such great comments about your experience at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel as much as we enjoyed having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip to Atlanta.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Nice decor but not chainlike right across from CNN building. Comfy bed. Nice to have complimentary water bottles in hot Atlanta. Georgia World Congress Center is easy walk & Centennial Olympic Park. Wish there were more Atlanta non chain restaurants close by but nice restaurant in hotel. Very courteous, helpful staff. I would recommend this place to others.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello HoustonTeacher28,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. We appreciate the 4 star ranking! We hope to see you again on future visits to Atlanta.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was in Atlanta for a conference and wanted to avoid the mega-hotels. Had a very pleasant experience--friendly, attentive staff, quiet and comfortable rooms (great beds!), decent restaurant food, complimentary wine happy hour, and fantastic rooftop bar with awesome view of the city. A boutique hotel with character and personality.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hello hayes555,
Thank you for posting your review. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great experience while staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Atlanta!
Savannah
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We found the Glenn from an internet search via one of the popular hotel booking sites. We've never stayed in. The downtown area of Atlanta but the hotel looked nice and was a good deal at $129 for a Saturday night. We were very impressed by the hotel. It's in a great location downtown. You'll be in walking distance to the CNN center, Olympic park, the Aquarium, Coke museum and more. The bed was very comfortable, the downtown views where very nice and all the staff we encountered where friendly and helpful. The only negative we found was the drinks on the roof top bar (the bar itself was great) where way below our expectation, maybe it was just the bartender on duty that night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Keith C
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hello Keith C,
Thank you for your 5 rating on your recent post. We are glad you found the hidden treasure that is the Glenn Hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I will also share the feedback with the bartenders regarding the drinks.
We hope to see you again on a future visit to downtown Atlanta!
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I really enjoyed the décor and location. My room was small, but very clean, comfortable, well appointed. The staff was also very nice. My only complaint would be the breakfast. I paid the "stay for breakfast" rate. You can choose two items on a limited menu and add other items a la carte. I'm not a large breakfast eater, but didn't think the two choices presented to me would be enough. But paying extra for a couple of slices of bacon and a mediocre waffle irritated me. Indeed, I've had better experiences (and better value) at other chains with the breakfast buffet and do-it-yourself waffle makers.

I would stay at the Glenn again but will likely avoid the breakfast rate next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank citrob
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear citrob,
Thank you for the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the comments regarding the breakfast options and will look at potential alternatives moving forward. We were please you did enjoy your experience with our staff and your room condition and cleanliness. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in future visits as we would love to have you as our guest again.
Green Bay
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This hotel is OLD and although it's been updated, mechanically, it's not the best. Our son was stuck for almost two hours in one of their elevators between floors. They finally lowered a ladder and he was able to climb out. Luckily, he is athletic or he'd probably still be there (I'm being sarcastic here). They did get it working by the next day.

The complimentary breakfast was not good even though it was made to order. Eggs "over medium" had runny whites and were lukewarm. The coffee was not hot and tasted burnt. Luckily, there is a Waffle House within two blocks. The second morning there, we just skipped their restaurant and went somewhere else. "Free" does not always mean "good."

The view out my room was of walls even though it was a corner room. Make sure you're above the 4th floor if you want any kind of view but bricks and concrete.

The bathroom had absolutely no room on the vanity AND there were no towel bars at all.

The halls were dark and along the floor, next to the wall were trays of rocks!

The one saving grace was the bed and pillows - very, very comfortable.

I called the front desk twice but no one answered.

All-in-all, I would never recommend this hotel. If you want to stay in downtown Atlanta, there are better options.

Room Tip: Stay out of the elevator!! However, if you're on the lower floors be prepared to keep your curt...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank EZLiving2013
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear EZLiving2013,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very sorry the elevator incident happened with your son. We take these types of incidents extremely seriously. Guest life safety and security are of paramount importance to The Glenn hotel. I have personally already addressed the length of time it took to get your son out of the elevator with our elevator contractors. We certainly apprecaite the severity of these types of incidents and are glad that your son is safe.
Once again, thank you for your post of your stay. If there is any way I can personally be of more assistance please feel free to contact me directly at GM@glennhotel.com.
Kindest regards,