“Great, Trendy Spot”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #58 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was here last week for work for the second time, and loved it once again. So, I thought it was time for a review. The Glenn is full of friendly staff and nice touches throughout the hotel, not to mention a killer rooftop patio and an awesome lobby bar.

My dinner in the lobby bar was terrific, but overshadowed by the fantastic cocktails made there. I had a Manhattan with hotel honey infused into the whiskey and it was just to die for.

The hotel was kind enough to offer me an upgrade to a suite this go around. The room was a decent size, and pretty cozy. It featured a living room with desk and refreshment station and a bedroom with king size bed and a totally open bathroom. I loved the concept and the graphic art on the shower.

Major small touches at Glenn include free bottled water, great bathroom amenities, great sheets and comfy beds and of course a very impressive shower head in the two rooms I've been in. This place has one of the best showers in downtown!

I'd love to come back, hopefully soon!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ittessot
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Hello ittessot,
Thank you for taking the time to such great comments about your experience at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel as much as we enjoyed having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Nice decor but not chainlike right across from CNN building. Comfy bed. Nice to have complimentary water bottles in hot Atlanta. Georgia World Congress Center is easy walk & Centennial Olympic Park. Wish there were more Atlanta non chain restaurants close by but nice restaurant in hotel. Very courteous, helpful staff. I would recommend this place to others.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Hello HoustonTeacher28,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. We appreciate the 4 star ranking! We hope to see you again on future visits to Atlanta.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was in Atlanta for a conference and wanted to avoid the mega-hotels. Had a very pleasant experience--friendly, attentive staff, quiet and comfortable rooms (great beds!), decent restaurant food, complimentary wine happy hour, and fantastic rooftop bar with awesome view of the city. A boutique hotel with character and personality.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hello hayes555,
Thank you for posting your review. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great experience while staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Atlanta!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We found the Glenn from an internet search via one of the popular hotel booking sites. We've never stayed in. The downtown area of Atlanta but the hotel looked nice and was a good deal at $129 for a Saturday night. We were very impressed by the hotel. It's in a great location downtown. You'll be in walking distance to the CNN center, Olympic park, the Aquarium, Coke museum and more. The bed was very comfortable, the downtown views where very nice and all the staff we encountered where friendly and helpful. The only negative we found was the drinks on the roof top bar (the bar itself was great) where way below our expectation, maybe it was just the bartender on duty that night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keith C
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hello Keith C,
Thank you for your 5 rating on your recent post. We are glad you found the hidden treasure that is the Glenn Hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I will also share the feedback with the bartenders regarding the drinks.
We hope to see you again on a future visit to downtown Atlanta!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I really enjoyed the décor and location. My room was small, but very clean, comfortable, well appointed. The staff was also very nice. My only complaint would be the breakfast. I paid the "stay for breakfast" rate. You can choose two items on a limited menu and add other items a la carte. I'm not a large breakfast eater, but didn't think the two choices presented to me would be enough. But paying extra for a couple of slices of bacon and a mediocre waffle irritated me. Indeed, I've had better experiences (and better value) at other chains with the breakfast buffet and do-it-yourself waffle makers.

I would stay at the Glenn again but will likely avoid the breakfast rate next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank citrob
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear citrob,
Thank you for the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the comments regarding the breakfast options and will look at potential alternatives moving forward. We were please you did enjoy your experience with our staff and your room condition and cleanliness. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in future visits as we would love to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This hotel is OLD and although it's been updated, mechanically, it's not the best. Our son was stuck for almost two hours in one of their elevators between floors. They finally lowered a ladder and he was able to climb out. Luckily, he is athletic or he'd probably still be there (I'm being sarcastic here). They did get it working by the next day.

The complimentary breakfast was not good even though it was made to order. Eggs "over medium" had runny whites and were lukewarm. The coffee was not hot and tasted burnt. Luckily, there is a Waffle House within two blocks. The second morning there, we just skipped their restaurant and went somewhere else. "Free" does not always mean "good."

The view out my room was of walls even though it was a corner room. Make sure you're above the 4th floor if you want any kind of view but bricks and concrete.

The bathroom had absolutely no room on the vanity AND there were no towel bars at all.

The halls were dark and along the floor, next to the wall were trays of rocks!

The one saving grace was the bed and pillows - very, very comfortable.

I called the front desk twice but no one answered.

All-in-all, I would never recommend this hotel. If you want to stay in downtown Atlanta, there are better options.

Room Tip: Stay out of the elevator!! However, if you're on the lower floors be prepared to keep your curt...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank EZLiving2013
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear EZLiving2013,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are very sorry the elevator incident happened with your son. We take these types of incidents extremely seriously. Guest life safety and security are of paramount importance to The Glenn hotel. I have personally already addressed the length of time it took to get your son out of the elevator with our elevator contractors. We certainly apprecaite the severity of these types of incidents and are glad that your son is safe.
Once again, thank you for your post of your stay. If there is any way I can personally be of more assistance please feel free to contact me directly at GM@glennhotel.com.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at The Glen as I was attending a conference at the nearby congress center and the host hotel Omni was full, but I am glad I did. First this hotel has a few rough edges, but it has lots of charm. Clearly a renovated older property, the had to work with. What they had. The Décor was great, in the hall above the lobby was cool, the furnishings are unique, the really did well with the common areas.
This hotel is happening, don't stay here if you are looking for a quiet spot, the lobby was jam packed for happy hour. I don't think the staff, is large enough or prepared for the rushes though.
My bags were delivered to my room. The foyer by the elevator on my floor was decorated with clear glass heads which were very chic and I noticed ambient lighting near the elevator, a little dark like a lounge but very calming.
My room was small like most boutique hotels but plenty room for one person. We were upgraded to a two room corner suite and for two people, I am glad we were. The shower and the bathroom are nicely renovated, again small, but you have been warned. The room head nice appointments and the linens and such were clean and crisp.
Location wise, the Glen is next to the CNN Center and across from centennial park, Great location. you can valet, but there is a very cheap parking lot across the street. There are panhandlers present, but if you are use to downtown stays or live downtown at home, "sidewalk tolls" should not be a problem. Another plus is just pass through the Glen parking lot, cross a street and right trough the food court to cross another street and you are in the convention center.
Pluses, there is a roof top bar, which is pretty much a glassed in roof, not for the faint of heart. Negative was the breakfast, great items, poorly executed and the service was slow, I felt like we woke them up, all in all a fun stay.

Room Tip: If you are elite, insisting on a upgrade is important at this property, if you want a view, just go...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jerrythetraveler
Lukus K, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear jerrythetraveler,
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate the detailed information you provided. We hope that when your travels bring you back to Atlanta in the future you will chose the Glenn as your hotel of choice!