“Great place and staff”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #58 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed for two nights for concerts at Philips Arena. Perfect location and great bed and very friendly staff. Little pricey, but you are paying for first rate location. Perfect setup for any event at Philips or GA Dome. Glenns Kitchen has good food as well. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

The Glenn is a fantastic boutique hotel in the heart of Atlanta. It is now owned by Marriott. The staff is great. The hotel offers free breakfast. There is an excellent restaurant and bar. The hotel also has a fitness center. Plus, the rooms are incredibly inexpensive. If there is only one slightly negative thing, it is that the rooms are small. You will love your stay here .

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel because the reviews I read prior to booking the room was great and it stated that it was only .18 miles from the Philips Arena, since we were going for a concert. The hotel was literally across the street from the arena and we loved it because we did not have to fight the traffic. The reason why I didn't give them a perfect rating was because of a water leak in the first room we had coming front the toilet. Once I informed the staff they were right on it and quickly tried to fix the leak but it ended up being worst than they expected. They were very nice and courteous and ended up placing us into another room which was and upgrade!!! The hostess said that it was for the inconvenience and we gladly accepted it! I would truly recommend this hotel. It is near the Centennial Park in downtown ATL and nowhere from the Ferris wheel that is beautiful at night.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DOMINIQUE T
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Most unique hotel lobby and rooms that I've seen. It's within walking distance to the Olympic Park, Philips Arena, CNN, Coke, and the Aquarium. I would suggest it for those traveling solo or as a couple, as there is a window between the shower and bedroom. Also, parking for the hotel was valet only and cost an additional $28 that we were not expecting. There is a public parking lot across the street for cheaper....maybe that is an option. Loved my stay and will return again if in the area!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rnjt
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for its proximity to The Tabernacle, and I was also able to get a good room rate through a promotion they offered. I had a king bed room, on a high floor, with a good view of the new ferris wheel, some of Centennial Park, and a clear view of The Tabernacle, which was great, since I was walking there.

The staff could not have been better. Brought up and down my bags, got me a cab when I needed it, replaced my room key when I locked mine in the business center. I couldn't wait to try the restaurant and had a wonderful meal there Saturday night.

I absolutely loved the layout of the bathroom. Even though the square footage is noted to be small, I think the layout of the room made great use of the space. As a plus size person, I was very appreciative of the layout of the bathroom, with the toilet in the corner, and the large walk in shower. Yes, there was the peekaboo window in the shower, and I don't think I'd feel comfortable in this room with someone other than a significant other, but if traveling with a spouse, I think it's perfect.

The king size bed was so comfortable! Loved the chest of drawers and closet and cooler, which was more than adequate for my long weekend of clothing for both cool and warm weather.

What really shocked me was what a great rate I got at this hotel at this location! I've stayed at other hotels that really gouge you for the location, and this was such a bargain! Right next door to Phillips Arena. A block over was CNN Center. Georgia Dome just down the hill. Centennial Park, the ferris wheel, and The Tabernacle only a couple of blocks away.

I took a cab to the Georgia Aquarium, ten dollars, totally worth it to save my feet for walking the Aquarium and keeping out of the cold that day. But someone in better shape could definitely walk it.

I would definitely return to this hotel to see more of downtown Atlanta. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: King size bed, view of Centennial Park. Beware of peekaboo shower if not traveling with a significa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Montegut
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice, trendy boutique hotel. The rooms are stylish, but on the smaller side. The king bed room I had had a funky shower that had a big glass wall/window so that anyone in the room can see whoever is showering. That might be a problem if you have a roommate who is not your spouse/partner! It was also a bit annoying as you have to keep the blinds fully drawn as someone might be able to also are into the shower through the room's outdoor window.

The workout gym was in the basement and fairly small. The TVs on the ellipticals didn't work, the scale didn't work, and my room safe also didn't work (the safe might have just needed new batteries, but I didn't have time to wait around for the maintenance person to come. So more attention to detail might be good.

Overall the stay was fine, I'd just probably try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ATX_Tips
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. I will say that I was in a suite and not a regular room, so maybe that had a bit of an effect on my overall view. The suites are amazing. There is a ton of space, lots of windows for natural lighting. I ate at the bar and their fish was top notch. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I spent some time at the rooftop lounge, where the view is great, and the bartenders really seem to know what their doing. I really enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel. Also, they gave me a free mojito at check in, I simply cannot complain!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business