“Not There Yet”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a drink as part of a GroupOn offer for the Sky Lounge. Did not stay there overnight so can't comment on rooms. There is a good view of the Centennial Park area from this rooftop lounge. You get your own drinks from the bar, there were few tables (there was a private party that took up most of the space at the time), the windows are higher than most of the seating, and if you want a bite to eat, you'll need to go downstairs to the dining room or bar. So not real "user friendly". The dinner menu is limited; I had the hamburger, recommended by a bellman in the elevator and it was very good as he said. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful, though the waitress was clearly busy and a few minor issues were forgotten (delivered dinner without utensils to eat with). Apparently, this is owned by Marriott, so my guess is that it will continue to improve.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is BEAUTIFUL!! My husband and I went for our 8th year anniversary and had ordered a deal on Living Social, however when I got there and told the ladies at the counter it was my Anniversary the General Manager Cynthia upgraded my room to a SUITEEEEEEEEEE!! I was floored and so happy. I will stay at this hotel again, and enjoyed the Parking service/ bellman was excellent and very friendly. Had a little incident with the Skybar, but other than that everything a PERFECT! Please visit, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank icatcher
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel 1 night to see a show at the Tabernacle. We chose it because of the reasonable price and close proximity to the Tabernacle. We wanted somewhere that we could walk so we didn't have to worry about driving or cab service. They have mandatory valet service. We never got our car out until we left but they were great & very helpful anytime we needed. You can come & go anytime of the night just have your key card for the elevator. I loved that they have a really great restaurant and rooftop bar onsite. You never have to leave. The rooms are small but very nice. Upscale whimsical décor. Bed was VERY comfortable with nice linens. Peek-a-boo shower is fun but makes it not so great a choice if you aren't with a significant other and would like a little more privacy. Overall, I would go back again & again. Staff was incredibly nice. No problems other than the Cancer Walk the next morning that started at the crack of dawn. Woke up to Mambo#5 playing, however, this was no fault of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jodi T
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am currently staying in this hotel and love it. When I got here and checked in the people at the desk were very friendly and welcoming. When I saw the "grass" in the hall I laughed...so 50s. My room was wonderful with a full living room and a separate bedroom with thick doors that soundproofed me from any possible hall noise. The room is completely retro, and reminded me of the 50's, even down to the lamps in the living room and bedroom (pull cords, cheesy glass balls). The bed is your typical, wonderfully comfortable, Marriott bed.

I brought my friend over who is at our conference hotel and she loved it. As she pointed out the "beat up" coffee table is original and the couch was comfortable. It reminded us of our houses when we were kids. Too bad our Moms threw all that stuff away.

The restaurant staff was also great. I had a book discussion with my waitress the first morning and today my waitress wanted me to order more of my free food because all I asked for was the fruit.

Love this place, lots of fun. I stay in a lot of hotels and like Autograph collection because they are all different.

Room Tip: Gut a suite if you want more room. I got a corner room, very comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank txtfa001
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Charming boutique hotel centrally located in Downtown within walking distance off the CNN Center, Olympic Centennial Park and MARTA. Staff was polite, professional and proficient. We enjoyed use of the workout facility, rooftop bar and hotel restaurant, Glenn's Kitchen. Our room was nicely appointed and very comfortable.

Cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christie F
GlennHotelGM, General Manager at Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. My staff and I enjoyed having you stay with us and hope that you will return again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here during the recent AARP convention and for location, it was perfect. I didn't need to line up for a shuttle bus to take me to a hotel at the Peachtree center. I just exited the convention center, walked through the CNN food court, crossed the street and I was at my hotel. EASY. What was not easy was getting a good night's sleep on Friday night. The DJ in the rooftop lounge several floors up blasted music until 1am. After that I could hear loud conversations coming from outside, possibly from the same lounge or the parking garage. So, what I pay for when I stay at a hotel (a place to sleep) didn't happen until the early hours of the morning. That is not acceptable, especially when the noise (in-house music) is something the hotel can control. When I checked in, I requested a quiet room and was assured that I had been given one on the sixth floor. I complained Friday night to the front desk and in the morning when I was checking out. Okay, I was given 10,000 Marriott points but that doesn't make up for not sleeping. The Glenn should warn its guests that if you want to sleep at night, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank travellady83

Thank you so much for staying with us. Our desire is to have every guest leave the hotel completely satisfied and I am so sorry that we disappointed you. You are absolutely correct that the SkyLounge does create some noise for our guests. We do our absolute best to try to accommodate each of our guests requests and needs. I am positive that my associate that assigned you to the sixth floor felt confident that you would be removed from any noise on the 11th floor.

I hope you will accept my apology and enjoy the Marriott Rewards points with a stay in a more suburban property.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was a little leery of staying here based on other reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. Best part was the bed. Super comfortable and plenty of pillows. Bedding was great. The next best part was the view. Our room overlooked Olympic Park and the new Ferris Wheel. Great view of the cities buildings. Loved it at night. The location was perfect for everything we wanted to do in Atlanta. My husband was attending a convention and it was the perfect walkable distance. The staff was great. Friendly and helpful. Had breakfast in Glenn's Kitchen and was served by a delightful young college student from New York and the omelet was delicious.

The cons I noted were the dark hallways, the weird grass troughs and as other review have noted, the glass panel shower. I felt like the bathroom could have used a good bleach scrub down. Not really dirty except where the sink meets up under the counter top and the shower tile grout could be cleaner. Also the fragrance that is used in the lounge lobby area is a bit overwhelming and strong. A half full cocktail glass from the bar appeared in my room and we never could account where it came from. Very strange. The noise from the roof top bar is a little loud even on the 7th floor.

The elevator will talk to you and if you are staying on the 10th floor it says WOW every time you arrive. We got SALUTATIONS on the 7th floor. I would stay here again. Don't miss the Segway tour (not affiliated with the hotel) just a short walk across the park. Very fun way to see the city!

Room Tip: Request a park view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelintrace

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and my staff.

As you pointed out, there are some things about the hotel that are a little "quirky" including the grass in the hallways and the peek a boo shower windows. Those items were part of the original renovation of the Glenn in 2006 when we were the only boutique hotel in Atlanta. Over the years our clientele has changes along with our affiliation with Autograph Collection and Marriott Rewards. With those changes, we have been renovating the hotel this year and very soon the grass will go away to be replaced with river rock and the peek a boo shower will be covered with an opaque decal to offer more privacy.

I hope you will come and visit us again once we have completed all the changes that we have planned. We expect to be finished around Christmas so that we are ready for a New Year in Atlanta.