“Interesting Boutique Property”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #55 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Part of the Marriott chain, this is an interesting property. It is right next to the arena and very close to Centennial Park, World of Coke, Aquarium, etc.

The valet area is small but efficient. The hotel is an old building that has been redone nicely. The lobby is not huge, but tastefully decorated. The restaurant was ok for breakfast. There is a business center on the second floor that is laid out well. The gym is small and not much better than what you would find at a Courtyard.

The king room I had was small, but decorated well. The lighting wasn't quite enough for a business traveler. The TV was large with plenty of HD channels. The bed was comfortable. The stand up shower was quite interesting with a large window looking out into the bed area. There is no way to prevent the bed area from seeing you shower. There are some beads hanging down, but that's it. Good for couples, I guess. There is a fridge and a safe.

The rooftop lounge is very nice. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly. I had room service and the tray stayed outside my room for over twelve hours.

The hotel is a little bit of a mixed bag, but overall, it is a nice break from your standard Marriott...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

So I must stay this establishment is amazing. The hotel is so beautiful and front desk was so amazing. Valet is fast and courteous and very well dressed. They were so accommodating during my entire stay. The dining on property was also outstanding. What an amazing Marriott property this is every step of the way.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have been on the phone for a week trying to get my billing straightened out. They double charged me! Now I'm waiting for someone to call me back! The location and idea of the hotel is great, but they are too disorganized to run a business.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katy K
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Rooftop bar was AMAZING....great views outstanding service from Keyatta to Caroline to stephanie check in was great Stay here any time your im the heart of Atlanta. FYI it's right beside Georgia Aquarium

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had to go to Atlanta on a last-minute trip and needed to stay mid-townish. This came up on the Marriott site and I was initially skeptical of the low rate.

But the hotel was a boutique gem in the big city. The decor was eclectic and cool, the location was close to some great restaurants, and the staff was all very nice. Due to my status with Marriott, I was upgraded to a suite and had a very comfortable sitting room. And the bed was perfect, as always.

I would absolutely return to The Glenn if I go back to Atlanta and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013

There were a fair number of negative reviews that made me have second thoughts about a stay here, but my experience was positive in all respects.

It may be that most of the bad reviews were older (1-2 years before) and no longer applicable, or that the hotel has a bit of a multiple personality, with good and bad rooms and good and bad staff. But my experience was nothing but positive.

I was upgraded to a suite, which had a very nice glass-walled shower, a separate living room space and a good view of the city. The bed and other furnishings were of high quality and the room and public areas were very clean. The hotel's restaurant, Glenn's Kitchen, provides room service, and it was very good, as well, with a bibb lettuce take on a wedge salad (complete with mushrooms and lemon juice in the dressing). As a Rewards member, I am used to small perks, but the Glenn provided not only the usual free water and wifi, but free full breakfast in the Kitchen.

Everyone on the staff was helpful, and though I encountered no problems, they stayed on top of things (e.g. the desk at checkout double-checking that my car was brought up without my asking).

I found nothing lacking, or sub-par and feel this hotel merits inclusion in the Autograph Collection. And it is within a very short walk of downtown attractions, including Centennial Olympic Park.

Room Tip: Ask foir a room with the big glass walled showers, and a view of the city/park
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Donquixote218
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I purchased the "Luckie in Love" package for my 2 year anniversary -- and we weren't so "Luckie". Package falsely advertised that breakfast for 2 was included each day, but upon arrival, we were only given 2 each $12 breakfast vouchers (one breakfast cost $38). We never received housekeeping services, and had to continually ask for fresh towels/paper products. Our room temperature was hot -- we could not get the temperature to go below 71 degrees. The biggest headache was that we were erroneously charged for valet (which was supposed to be included in our package) and a breakfast charge (yet we had the vouchers)... Took over 24 hrs. to get these charges removed from my bill, but not before I was charged an extra $891 (in addition to $551) for my stay. Manager quite rude and does not seem to have much concern for his guests. Overall: feel that this hotel scams money from customers who aren't paying as much attention to their charges. Very poor hotel management.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple