“Very cozy and comfortable stop in Atlanta”

Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #53 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Bristow, Virginia
“Very cozy and comfortable stop in Atlanta”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at The Glenn for a mixed business and short weekender. We arrived on 2/14 and left on 2/16. We had a good rate as we were hosted by the group I was supporting on business and they have a standing contract. Our room as on the 10th floor and we were on the Olympic Park side of the building so the view from the window was a nice urban view save the parking deck low down in the view.

Now everyone has commented on the size of the rooms... on the key card there is a quote that says "if you don't tell us our rooms are small we won't point out your shortcomings".. very fitting as the rooms are boutique and small for american rooms and large for european. So all in all a good sized room you could move about in without a problem. I would not want to spend a week in it for business purposes. This is a great place for a weekend or an urban romantic getaway.

The oft mentioned shower with the window into the room is great for a romantic setting and the shower curtain can be pulled to hide any other bathroom activities. We liked it...

The room was very clean and well appointed.. we had room 1007 so the martini shaker and glasses seemed appropriate. The bed was very very comfortable, the towels nice, the room very clean. Colors were sort of avant garde in orange, deep red and brown. There was an odd hedge row of grass along the kick-board in the passageways we found a bit odd but it added to the uniqueness of the place.

The top floor roof lounge and/or sky bar was nice. The view at sunset is something worth seeing. It was february so chilly, they had the side flaps up and the heaters on but the furniture was comfortable and the ambience very adult so we were able to get cozy on the couches. The DJ was friendly and the place was lightly attended so we had some personal attention from the staff. Service was outstanding, in fact I left my room key on the table as we left for dinner (Ray's downtown very good).. and they saved it for when we returned. The drinks up top are very pricey but it follows for the location and the view. I'm sure this hotel makes a good portion of their revenue off this bar in the warmer months.

The staff was fantastic and the bar in the lobby was very good, less pricey than the topside. Bartenders were all very friendly and helpful, the pours were generous and they had a great selection of single malts and wines. The food was also good we had breakfast there every day, the wait staff was friendly and remembered us by name. The door staff and parking staff were great in getting our luggage, hailing cabs, and providing directions.

This will be our place to stay every time we go to Atlanta if we have a choice. Interestingly, had we been researching hotels we probably would never have picked it from any list. We ended up here as a result of who we were doing business with and the proximity to the business.

Room Tip: The higher the better and the front side for good views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We picked this hotel for location and it was perfect for that. My husband was running the Publix Atlanta Half Marathon, and I was going as a spectator. My husband arrived first via Marta and checked in while I was still at work, so I can't report on this process. He did go up to the SkyLounge to check it out and said it was nice, but was crowded when he left. When I arrived (late) after work, I went to the lobby bar to try one of the yummy cocktails and bring back to my room. I got the "My Yellow Sunshine" drink with grapefruit infused tequila, St. Germain, pineapple, and lemon. It was delicious and came in a cool glass. The room was small for American standards, but typical size if you are used to traveling in Europe. The bathroom is spacious with nice amenities. The bed was super comfortable as well. We had a room on the back side of the hotel, so my husband said the trains woke him up a few times. Soundproofing not as good as other hotels. After my husband started the race I went back to the room to get ready for work and the shower did not have hot water (but the sink did.). An engineer came quickly to replace the shower valve (30 min process) but then it was fixed. This would have been no big deal, but I was pressed for time to get back to the finish line. The staff reacted quickly and managed the problem with professionalism. They also had free coffee, fruit, and granola bars for the racers and guests in the lobby in the morning. They said the coffee and fruit was a daily thing and the granola bars were special for the marathon. Nice touch. Checkout was easy. Had to pay for valet for my car, even though the attendant wasn't available when I arrived and I parked myself (self parking also costs $28.) All overnight parking in Atlanta is expensive, though.
Overall, a good experience. Would stay there again for the AAA rate for proximity and amenities. Gave it only 4 out of 5 for the train noise, and shower problem. Next time we will request a room along Marietta street and will hopefully upgrade this hotel to a 5.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is a boutique hotel and not a great hotel for business travel. The room is tiny and the chair at the desk is way to uncomfortable and hard. There is a silly little window in the shower that looks out into the room and would be great if a away with your spouse, but still, if you have to use the bathroom, leaves little privacy either way...pretty sure I don't want to be able to see someone take a crap. Had issues with the tv missing channels and had no one come up to even address the problem...very poor customer service.

The only redeemig thing about the hotel was the bed but if your claustrophobic, avoid this hotel. I also get better service last time I stayed at a Hampton Inn not too far from this hotel. Will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel...it has to be bigger!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank norm690
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Wow...the staff here is amazing. Marriott needs to take the employee training/hiring features from this hotel, and apply them to the Marquis Hotel down the street.

The hotel is nice. I had a suite on the 7th floor, and my room was quiet, comfortable and clean...although the room is BEGINNING to show a few rough edges. I liked touches such as the martini shaker and glasses in the room.

The bedding was clean, crisp....and comfortable.

My room was quiet....

The neighborhood here is a bit sketchy. Sorry, but its true. :(

I enjoyed my stay and will probably return on a future trip to Atlanta....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have stayed at the Glenn on several occasions, and all were great. While the rooms are small, the ambiance is relaxing, and the location is perfect for events at the GA Dome or Phillips Area. The see-thru showers are also a fun touch for couples, but they do have a few rooms without...Or so I'm told. Roof top bar is great, and the onsite restaurant has always been a delight.

Room Tip: High rooms are best, and ones on the West or North
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed with my wife just one night in this hotel on feb 17 2013.
From the momemt entering this hotel you feel welcome. It is not big and it has a charm.
Rooms are perfectly clean, bed is made to sleep like you deserve after long day.
There is a martini shaker and glasees in your room
Breakfast is clasic very good aprox 15$ ,nice afternoon bar reasonable price 6 to 12 $ for drink

In one word if you go there you wil be treated the way you should be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ukiah, California
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The staff was beyond amazing...very friendly...very accommodating...directly across the street from the CNN building and quick walking distance to the Georgia Dome...the only bad side was the room itself...the size is small which wasnt that big of a deal but there is a window from the bed to the bathroom. A big window with very little covering so NO privacy in the shower and only moderate privacy (by shutting the shower curtain) on the toilet...Everything else about this place is amazing tho

• Stayed February 2013